Corey Haim's Funeral -- All Taken Care Of

3/13/2010 5:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimCorey Haim's funeral costs will be covered by the memorabilia company that was auctioning off some of his belongings, this according to the company and sources close to Haim.

Haim's mother had been reaching out for donations, but a company called Startifacts volunteered to donate the proceeds from their Haim-related auctions.

Michael Kronick, owner of Startifacts, says rather than wait til all the sales were complete, they'll come to the funeral next week with a check for $20,000 -- to cover the costs of the headstone, transporting the body to Toronto, and whatever else is needed.

Remembering Corey Haim

Jill

This is a patheic story. Corey Haim's manager and mother should have had a life insurance policy on him years ago. My mother still has a $12,000 life insurance policy on my brother, who is 40 years old; with a substance problem. My aunt had to use $10K from her 401K because she was too cheap and stingy to pay for a life insurance policy for her husband. Because my uncle did not have medical insurance, the hopsital has put a lien on my aunt's house. That's why we need affordable health care plan for everyone, who can not afford medical and life insurance.

Joanne

God Bless You, Startifacts.. There ARE kind people in this world...

random

This is a blessing for his Mother for sure! She is going to have a lot to deal with because who wants to find their child as she did. Being a mom of 2 and my own mom has 8, she always said that she prays to God that she leaves this earth before ever having to bury one of us.

God bless both of them.

big mama

Yes feldman should help out a little with the costs but so should all the other celebrities that were so grief stricken with his passing. Its funny how nobody gave a shxt about him until he died. It was the same way with michael jackson. Nobody dared to even mention his name until he passed away. Its sad. It is really sad.

Helen

~I am also glad this company came to the rescue~Although having lost my husband, Tim Hovey (a child star signed to Universal Pictures in the mid 1950's;break out movie:"The Private War Of Major Benson" co-staring...Charlton Heston & Sal Mineo)@ the age of 44 yrs. old from a Heroin overdose~I am very grateful I was financially secure, and didn't have to sell him personal belongings~It would have broken my heart~
Rest In Eternal Peace Corey.

Trish

We just buried my brother n law in January (death: drugs and alcohol). It cost us 7,000. , and bills keep coming. He left us with a big mess. Not to mention 3 orphaned dogs. ( I now have 5 dogs, but I love them)! We tried intervention, everything you could possibly think of. No one is to blame or should they carry guilt. It was a selfish act, but it was his destiny.

Darlene

Thats good!

WillOTheWisp

67. 61. And my tax dollars will be paying for yours when you die.

Posted at 3:19PM on Mar 13th 2010 by Cheryl

lmao, beyatch, do you want to compare bank accounts? I mean, DO YOU?!! It must have taken you since birth to save up all that government money to get that 'made up' amount. Let's not get into bank accounts, because most of us here could buy/sell your sorry ass; but it does us more good knowing you'll be buried in a Glad bag...BEYATCH!!

Posted at 3:47PM on Mar 13th 2010 by moron alert

lmbao!!! Seriously though....I know I could run rings around her bank account! The computer I'm typing on probably cost more than what's in her account.

@ Cheryl………Sorry Cheryl, but you sat yourself up for the ridicules. Don’t you know you‘ve got to think before you post a dumb ass comment like you did, purposing Corey Feldman pay for Haim‘s funeral???

Let me purpose this Cheryl: What if err’body you know expected you to pay their rent because they couldn’t pay it?? And because you know them and you have the money in your saving account, are you saying you would go into your savings to pay their rent??? Not me, anymore!! Who’d pay it the next month and the month after that??
The only person’s funeral I would help pay for would be a family member in good standing with me.
Look, everybody knows they have to die; you’re born to die! Unless you get rapture, you need to prepare for the disposing of your material body. I believe cremation is going for $1600.00. That is not a lot to raise from the time of your first employment until your number is up.
Why leave that burden on your loved ones??

WillOTheWisp

68. "Maria M. Access Hollywood reporter" interviewing "Nicole Eggert" regarding Corey Haim on a recent show asked her point blank if Michael Jackson molested Corey Haim..!!Boycott Access Hollywood for this false accusation, slander, character assasination and horrible slip of the tongue. There are alot of people outraged over this incident and newscast. You can check out the video on their website. Shame on Access Hollywood for trying to drag Michael's name through the mud again...

Posted at 4:02PM on Mar 13th 2010 by maizieful

I saw that! That was no slip of the tongue!!! The bitch was a trip! I couldn't believe she came right out and said "Was it Michael Jackson?".
The Jackson ought to sue the damn station and her!!
That wasn't called for!! A funny looking skank!!
She was just trying to put that into the minds of those listening!

YOUCH

Ben

77. look up the original comment. cheryl did not post it
--someone else said it first.

Posted at 4:45PM on Mar 13th 2010 by just me

All I've been doing was reading here, but as I saw it, Cheryl is the one who started the 'lying' rant about how much money she has, so that's where it started from. No sympathy from her at all; just making sure she could get that jab in about how much imaginary money she has; That's where it started.

Jason

I see MR RESPONSIBLE Feldman stepped up to pitch in. If he was such a good friend and they (HAIMS) were so destitute why didnt his "best friend" Fledman take care of it.... It's certainly what I would have done. frickin loser... Haim even kept your little secret too. little punk. RIP HAIM

TOKERS EX CHICK

I THINK IT'S A GREAT THING THIS GUY SCOTT IS DOING FOR COREY'S MOM AS WELL AS FOR THE FANS. IT'S JUST NOT RIGHT TO BE BASHING HIM OR MAKE CLAIMS THAT HE'S IN IT FOR THE MONEY. THE AUCTIONS WERE RUNNING FOR HOURS AND ONLY MADE 1/4TH OR 1/5TH OF WHAT HE'S COMMITTED TO COVER IN FUNERAL EXPENSES. THIS GUY IS GOING TO HAVE TO PUT IN WEEKS OF VOLUNTEER WORK TO GET THIS DONE I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE THE NIGHTMARE SHIPPING HE'S IN FOR!
FOR THE FANS THE AUCTIONS ARE GREAT BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO REMEMBER COREY BY AS WELL AS CAN HELP WITH THE FUNERAL. THE PRICES WERE MORE THAN FAIR AND THIS GUY IS ON TOP OF THINGS.
IT WOULD BE BETTER TO SUPPORT THIS EFFORT HERE THAN BASH IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES.

Jill

TMZ, please stop posting about this guy, lets go back to the Jackson family...Corey Haim is getting more coverage now than he every did, whats up with that?

WillOTheWisp

77. look up the original comment. cheryl did not post it--someone else said it first.

Posted at 4:45PM on Mar 13th 2010 by just me

Okay..so why didn't you go back, copy and paste it to prove your point???? If you were in court you'd lose your case for lack of evidence.