Corey Haim's Funeral -- All Taken Care Of

3/13/2010 5:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimCorey Haim's funeral costs will be covered by the memorabilia company that was auctioning off some of his belongings, this according to the company and sources close to Haim.

Haim's mother had been reaching out for donations, but a company called Startifacts volunteered to donate the proceeds from their Haim-related auctions.

Michael Kronick, owner of Startifacts, says rather than wait til all the sales were complete, they'll come to the funeral next week with a check for $20,000 -- to cover the costs of the headstone, transporting the body to Toronto, and whatever else is needed.

Remembering Corey Haim

Robyn

Feldman already did an interview after MJ died and said HE WAS NOT THE MOLESTER. So enough of that. Michael was weird but I don't think he was a child molester. People saw $$ when they saw Michael.

cjs

Okay that's fine, but on JVM I saw Scott Schwartz( actor) Scott568 (user id) on eBay , and he is the one who had the okay from Corey's Mom to sell things that she recently( after his death) turned over to him... Yes it's all nice what Starifacts is doing, but read it.. "there Corey Haim items" , not the items that his Mom gave to his friend Scott to sell.

Scott's a decent guy and is in the business of selling like items for a long time . Just a FYI.

Also can we please STOP the Feldman hate, enough already.

Becky

The best thing Feldman could do for his best friend is make sure the person persons who did the molesting when they were kids are brought to justice
Unless Feldman is still friends with these guys I see no reason to not at least do that for Corey H If Corey F is stil friends with the molesters- shame on him
Drugs were a big problem for Corey H but being molested had to have played a huge part of his downward spiral.
Cough it up Feldman be a man
Why protect those slimeballs?
Haims mom should want them puished what mom wouldnt?

Rosie

This is interesting. I live just outside of Toronto and the media here is telling people where they can send contributions to cover the funeral expenses including the cost of transporting the body.

Go figure......wonder what this is all about

Flower

Straight up people, there. Nice to hear.

Lisa

I also agree with number 20...No one knows if Corey helped out and gave money for the funeral..I'm sure he probably did all he could without leaving himself strapped. Plus we don't know what anyone financial status is nor is it our business.

big joe

hey corey u need more limelight pay f it u phoney.

jim

is 20k enough most funeral parlors are rip offs if you are famous double the price

Sherry

Who says Corey Feldman didn't help out Corey Haim's Mom financially? Maybe he gave her $10,000 but just didn't make a big news story out of it. Not everyone broadcdasts it to the world when they help someone out.

Allen Ridak

I think we can all agree that Cheryl is a dumb moll

Joanna

I think it is wonderful people and companies are coming together to donate money on him and his families behalf. I read that Ashton Kutcher and Alissa Milano have cut checks as well. I donated a few extra bucks.

(I think this may be a good time to ignore POSSIBLE corporate motives and enjoy the kind gesture... there too much negativity in this world, honor doing the right thing.)

I personally would love to see a Corey Haim Memorial Young Actors Center... a safe place for young actor to seek help, whether is be personal or professional.

Best wishes!

hahahaha!

Uh Betty, Corey Feldman himself was molested at about the same age as Haim. Stop making excuses for Haim and his behavior. Feldman isn't responsible for Haim or Haim's molestation. If Haim wanted to deal with the issue he himself should have named his molester not expected his friend, a kid himself at the time, to save him.

Jerry Martin

What a cool thing for them to do. It's nice to know there are still some good people in the world.

Sloane

in regards to comment
13. And if they "weren't working much " "Sloane " how did he pay for all those prescriptions when he was doctor shopping? Drug addicts find money for drugs. Is this in anyway unclear to anyone ?

Posted at 1:45PM on Mar 13th 2010 by Wanda W.
---------------------

I didn't say they wee not working
I said they were not working MUCH!

how many movies/TV shows have you seen them on lately
that is what I meant and anyone with common sense knows that is true

we don't know what he was paid for the recent project
if he had a will
if all assents-small as though they might be-are frozen
if he had coverage through the actors union
if he sold off art or whatevere to pay for drugs-legal or illegal

we really don't know much-certainly not enough to make random judgments or accusatory statements

what we do know is that he is dead and his family is grieving his loss while his mom's battle with breast cancer continues

A

It's nice to know that someone was willing to help pay for his funeral. Those actors in a position to help weren't obviously willing to help. I guess it would have been too much for them to come together for a fellow actor. I don't really know their reason and frankly I don't care. I'm just glad that his funeral will be paid for.