Lutfi on Spears: 'Nothing Wrong with Britney'

3/14/2010 9:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sam Lutfi was by Britney Spears' side during her crazy heyday (coincidence?) but insists Britney was just "expressing her independence and her freedom" when she did things like shave her head.

Sam Lutfi

Lutfi described the incident as "cool" but admits he "doesn't know what she was thinking at the time." In his defense, neither did anyone else.

Reminder: The conservatorship for Britney Spears was granted a three-year restraining order against Lutfi on her behalf back in April 2009. So consider the source.

me

Papa Spears would do just about anything to be allowed to continue to mooch off his daughter. If she's so unwell, why is he practically stripping her naked to perform on stage in all sorts of sexual positions etc. Britney is being exploited in the worst possible way.

Illinois person

So can this hanger's on think of anything to say about what's up within his own life (not that anyone would care) or it seems he's still living vicariously through Spears' life? Either way, what a friggin loser! G E T Y O U R O W N L I F E Y O U T W O B I T H U S T L E R!

Jen

I wonder how Britney met him and why she let him stick around. Didn't she notice that he was using her?

Joann

Yea, right. LOL....Lutfti is more crazier than Britney was.

Jen

sit the fck down sam lutfi and stay away from Britney!

Jen

I'm scared for Britney. He will do anything to get back into her life. After the conservatorship ends I’m honestly scared that this guy will find his way back to Britney.

Darlene

Britney Spears is OK!!!!!

Jen

She shaved her head becuase she wanted someone to help her. It was a cry for help! Lutfi is a freak.

Jen

Britney has finally found happiness. I don't understand why he would want to mess that up.

Adam

The guy has a point. If you read, he won his lawsuit proving that Britneys parents lied about everything. He sounds like an intelligent guy, I don't know what the fuss is all about. Brits own father has a criminal history a mile long. My gut feeling, this guy is a good guy.

Adam

Judges grant restraining orders all the time. He didn't even appear to defend himeself which makes for a default judgement. That judge who stepped down only 2 days later also filed a restraining order on an innocent attorney that worked for Britney. I smell a rat and I think thats why that judge took off running 2 days later.

YOUCH

He is such a looser. Attatch yourself to someone who is not a has-been. Creep!!

Sarah

Leave her alone

me

1. Very few people care about Britney anymore. 2. She obviously is not well enough for a judge and a psychiatrist to let her off of her conservatorship. If she is still that sick, she is probably going to be on it a long time. To the fan who says she is "happy" now, is a complete tool. Maybe you would like to have your daddy tell you who you could talk to and how much money you could spend and on what. In a few years, when she is still on the conservatorship, her fans will realize that they like a mentally ill singer. She also has no common sense, so if she could do anything she wanted, she would be with Lutfi in a minute.

Adam