I'm With CoCo Artist: My Life Has Totally Changed

3/14/2010 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The artist behind the famous two-tone Conan O'Brien logo is rolling in dough now that his image is the face of CoCo's upcoming comedy tour -- and it all started on Twitter.

Artist Mike Mitchell tells TMZ that Conan's producers approached him about using the image to promote the former "Tonight Show" host's "Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour" -- and he's earned enough money off the deal to take a very, very long vacation.

He wouldn't go into the specifics of the deal, but said Conan's people made sure he was taken care of.

Mitchell still retains the rights to the image -- which was originally posted to the Internet via TwitPic -- and has been selling bracelets and t-shirts with the logo to benefit Haiti. According to Mitchell, he's raised over $25,000 in Haiti relief so far.

Also, with all the publicity, Mitchell says he's been inundated with requests for more original work. No word if Jay Leno's on the waiting list.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

Hey "YOU ARE NOT FUNNY CONAN AND NEVER WERE"!

Just so you know, Conan dumped NBC.

WHY IS IT THAT EVERY LENO FAN LIKES TO TWIST THE TRUTH TO MAKE LENO AND NBC THE GOOD GUYS??

Bunch of idiots if you ask me.

I'M WITH COCO FOREVER!!!!!

Oh, and Leno is fake, and not funny at all.

Amanda

Mike Mitchell is amazing. Conan rocks. Everyone else irritates me. I'm with COCO!!!!

Professor Presti

I really think I encouraged Conan to tour in the first place-- when will I share in the Coco Prosperity wagon!!

Leno's started the whole mess.

Wrong Mike...unlike Leno,Conan showed class by leaving and not pushing Jimmy Fallon back to a time slot which he'd probably loose his job. I have much respect for Conan, NONE FOR LENO.

Lets take Leno's Oprah interview which was nothing more then a PR stunt by Oprah & Leno. At this link http://blogs.kansascity.com/tvbarn/2010/01/oprahjay.html
the writer goes over the interview and dissects it to show that Leno is nothing but a liar and puts all the blame on NBC & Conan without really taking responsibility for his own actions.

A reader of the article even wrote in to bring up the fact..
The one {question} that I haven't really seen him called out on is how getting the show back wasn't his {Leno's}idea, that he didn't pull any strings behind the scenes and he never expected this to happen. Oh really?

Leno started this whole ball rolling when he gave a interview to Broadcasting and Cable back in November 2009. http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/366971-Jay_Leno_Talks_Back_An_Exclusive_Interview_With_B_C.php?rssid=20065

It was only then, when it was obvious Leno's 10PM 'experiment' was failing (and getting progressively worse in the ratings week after week), that Leno told the publication he "wished he hadn't left the 'Tonight Show' and he would gladly take back hosting duties if NBC asked him".

That was the nugget he laid out for NBC, and that is surely when these talks began.
And now he feigns surprise so he can be the good guy. As Dave would say, Vintage Jay."

Anne

@Karen Neumeister- I actually remember reporting you because you were so annoying. Not surprised you were banned. And are you stupid? Mike has posted multiple times about how much money is being raised for Haiti and where it's going to. How much money have you raised for Haiti Karen? Probably none. And why can't Mike make a little money for all the hard work he's been doing? He's already said that this article is totally exaggerating what he has made, but why would it matter either way? Conan obviously likes the guy, which is why they're doing business together. He has even linked the Facebook page on his tour website, so obviously he doesn't think Mike is doing anything wrong. And btw, the I'm With Coco shirt is one of the best tees I own in terms of quality, so you're obviously just a bitter hag. Get over yourself.

nike jordan

shoes
cheap shoes
wholesale shoes

annie

Mike Mitchell store I'm with coco does not send the items the customers buy. Mr Mitchell does not answer the emails and rejects give the money back for the items not received.
So now he has my money and I don´t have the shirts. This is my way of complaining after months waiting for my package to arrive and Mr Mitchell silence or: wait, it must the mail is slow...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3