Corey Haim Death Certificate

3/15/2010 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimCorey Haim's death certificate is coming out ... and we've learned the cause of death is listed as "Deferred."

Sources tell us the L.A. County Coroner's Office is waiting for toxicology results, and they could prove revealing on two counts. First, they want to see if Corey had fatal levels of drugs in his system.

But, we're told, even if there are no fatal drug levels, certain drugs could have stopped Corey's heart. The Coroner's Office says Corey had pneumonia. As we first reported, 4 drugs were found in the apartment where Corey died -- Valium, Vicodin, Soma and haloperidol, an antipsychotic drug.

Valium, Vicodin and Soma all slow respiratory rate and could stop a person's breathing when taken while pneumonia is present.

We do not know if Corey took the prescription drugs.

It's interesting that Brittany Murphy's cause of death was a combination of pneumonia and prescription meds.

YOUCH

I would be totally surprised if he did NOT die from a drug overdose.

capt andy

He died of the same thing Michael Jackson died of.Too many drugs and no sex,hee hawww
Actually he tried to tagg his mom he was so drunk and she clocked him in the head with an axe.

APRIL

YOUR A BITCH HIS MOM IS GOING THROUGH CHEMO HE WAS TAKIN CARE OF HER NO I DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING I READ BUT I DO LISTEN BEFORE I MAKE RUDE JUDGEMENTS GET A LIFE AND LAY OFF THE HATRED FOR OTHERS HE IS GONE HE CANNOT DEFEND HIMSELF AND HIS MOTHER IS IN ENOUGH PAIN WITHOUT IDIOTS LIKE YOU BASHING HER DEAD SON I KNOW HE HAD PAST PROBLEMS DO NOT MAKE A JUDGEMENT UNTILL THE TOX REPORTS ARE IN THAT IS ALL I AM SAYING YES THE ENLARGED HEART MIGHT BE FROM PAST USE BUT IT DOES NOT MEAN HE WAS NOT SOBER OR TRYING WHEN HE DIED SO BACK OFF AN DON'T CALL ME A BIMBO YOU DON;T EVEN KNOW ME MAM

Daphne

What is it with celebrities and their drug/sex/alcohol and anything else addictions? This is a damn shame, liked this boy and he could have gone on to great things....what a waste.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Learn Guitar Online

Robyn

Tell em April!! People shouldn't be so quick to judge. You never know if something will happen to you and you have to move back in with your parents. Lose your job, house, etc.. This guy was actually living with his mother to take care of her. Apparently something the haters would never consider doing.

capt andy

Well excuse me bimbo......err I mean April,and #35.... if something happened and I had to move back home .Well my parents are dead so that would be a problem.I'm sure April would let me live with her..she sounds so dumb....errr I mean kindhearted

Robyn

I doubt April would take you in since you're such an ass. You'd probably end up on the streets kiddo. We can then make homeless jokes about you.

Susan

TOOO SAD! THE DRUG DEALERS/DOCTORS ARE GETTING RICH & WE ARE LOSING A LOT OF VERY TALENTED PEOPLE! SO MANY ADDICTS. I THINK THE ENTERTAINMENT UNIONS SHOULD MAKE ALLLLLL ENTERTAINERS WITH A PROBLEM GET HELP & GO THROUGH DRUG TESTING ON A REGULAR BASIS TO MAKE SURE THEY STAYED CLEAN. MAYBE IF THEY WERE MADE TO GET HELP IN ORDER TO WORK WE WOULD STILL HAVE THEM WITH US. TOO MANY CHILDREN LEFT ORPHANED & TOO MANY FAMILIES LEFT TO MOURN, ALL BECAUSE OF DRUGS, ITS JUST NOT RIGHT.

Darlene

The fact is, he died, so sad!

ginny

he is better off dead!!

capt andy

rip coryhaim is being mean to me.....

hahahaha!

Guys this is TMZ, it's a Hollywood gossip/tabloid site. Don't come here expecting others to not judge or talk about the STORY. If this were just some guy in your town who you heard overdosed and who left his cancer stricken mom in penniless and responsible for his debts and funeral expenses you'd think he was a shmuck as well. Just because you happen to be a fan (April & Rip) of Corey Haim doesn't mean the rest of us have to treat him or his death like some sacred event that we can't discuss, it doesn't mean he deserves some sort of automatic respect. Like they say respect is earned, in my opinion Haim hasn't earned any respect from me personally or anyone else. If you want to honor him and hold a candle over his death, only speak praises I'd go to his official web page or something.

w

J, wow I listened to the podcast unbelievable, so sad about Brittney and what happened, I don't know whether the "butler" was telling the truth or not but they way he sounded it definitely sounded true, Can't simon be charged with neglect if anything, he willingly let her die seeing her in that condition and not doing anything about it. God Bless that poor girl's AND Corey Haims soul. May they R.I.P.

Gotham Gossips

TMZ, what's with this picture? For a second I thought it was Chef Ramsay.

Diandra

Some of us admire acting skill and the actors who provide us with memory making movies especially when we are depressed or having other troubles. Roger Ebert who is a fine critic gave Corey an incredible review for Lucas. This praise is very hard to earn. Many highly paid actors never had a good review. This is a great loss to his fans and the people who love him.

I believe he had completed 8 movie projects one of which he was directing. It doesn't take long in Hollywood to pick yourself up and start all over (Travolta, Robert Downey, Jr., etc) if you have talent and alot of fans. His job wasn't like regular people's jobs that if you lose it you are screwed.

I am glad TMZ is provided these updates.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments