Weight Loss Company Targets Gabourey Sidibe

3/15/2010 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A weight loss company claims "Precious" star Gabourey Sidibe shouldn't be worried about her appearance ... but rather her health.

Gabourey Sidibe

AcaiSupply.com
is reaching out to the Oscar nominated star, noting that obesity is a "major epidemic" in the U.S. and they want to help her fight what they call "this terrible affliction."

The company is offering her a one year supply of the product in return for an endorsement -- provided she loses weight.

The CEO wrote a letter to Sidibe, urging her, "The only way you can reach your goal of someday winning that Oscar is by being active, fit, and most of all, healthy!"

A rep for Sidibe could not be reached for comment.

Kim

WOW, Hollywood has issues after issues after issues!! And they wonder why half the people there are underweight, bulimic, or anorexic!! Leave this girl alone!! She is happy with herself, she's done an AMAZING job in "Precious" and that's all that matters. Don't listen to these critics Gabourey! That Acai stuff does NOT work. I have friends who have tried for months and it NEVER worked! It's a complete scam!!

Kim

Despite what the government, Hollywood, or weight loss companies tell you, being large doesn't automatically make a person unhealthy and being skinny doesn't automatically make them healthy. This pretty young lady is living the way she wants to and not hurting anyone. In America people (should) have the freedom to do so.

Ann

----Acia's CEO's statement in an effort to have her pitch his product

1. Obviously he was wrong.
2. That was such a tactless pitch.
3. Why would he leak this info to the media if he was sincere in trying to "help" her?
4. I hope, if she decides she wants to publicly change her weight with a company, she'll do it with *any* company other than this one.

Stanley

The true fact is that she has done something that many of us have only dreamed of, walked the red carpet, and talked to a number of actors. Now she’s slated for a cable show come on why cant people just let her be. I’m sure she’ll lose some weight which takes time to happen. And if she was thin at this time the issues would be her hair cloths or look she got a tummy growing, so really in Hollywood the worse criticism is no criticism at all.

MICHELLE WMS.

PEOPLE ARE GOING TO CRITICIZE EITHER WAY IF GOES.AT LEAST SHE MAKING MONEY AND ON T.V. SHE'S PRETTY AND SMART CAUSE BEAUTY AND SMARTNESS COMES WITHIN. STOP LOOKING FROM THE OUTSIDE AND FOCUS MORE ON WHATS INSIDE LESS JUDGEMENTAL IN OTHER WORDS (STOP HATIN).

Karen Hart

She is a very pretty young lady. She should loss some weight for health reasons. She is too young to have so much weight on her. Good luck to you, Gabiourey!!!!

kadaj

your posting is really informative, and that's really usefull for me, actually I have the related blog like you, I hope you can check on http://weight-loss-blogs.blogspot.com/ , I hope it will be usefull for u.

Shelly

The truth is that if she would not have been her size she would not had gotten the movie role. Then she would be a nobody. If this company cares so much about her HEALTH then the should give their produt to all the other obese nobodys in the world.

Adipex online

Buy Adipex for weight loss only on Doctor Prescription else check out our alternative weight loss therapies!

Cho Yung Tea

I think theses girl should try some weight lose program to lose weight ... check my site

Savannagh Ryane

I am overwieght. Not to the same extent, but I have had diabetes since I was in my mid 20's. I would never suggest anyone go on a diet, I just worry about her health. Besides the obvious, there will be knee and hip pain from carrying the extra pounds and other unpleasant side effects that physicans don't seem to care too much about because of her size. She simply needs to learn proper portion control, exercise and the worst part give up high fat foods. Always, been my favourite. That and cola. You would be surprised how much weight you can lose giving up soda and juice.

acai berry weight loss

Nonetheless I will say that this is totally opposite way round.

qiangqiang

Currently, in our lives is full of false weight loss drugs, which not only eriously effects our health, also impact of our work, as consumers, pr otecting of our rights is the most important, to use country’s Drugs is our greatest hope. As a member of consumers, I deeply appreciate this. In the recent life, I found a product ,it’s super slim pomegranat this product is very well.you can landing site (www.2daydiet-green.com)for more information.

qiangqiang

enough to pay for their own things, can not just eating For some of those who lose weight, losing weight means you can not eat junk food, can not eat one day casual breakfast, lunch and dinner there. This life can be a very painful thing, when you can not do what you want to do the hell kind of heart is simply a man insane. But I think we can be so distressed after, and the birth of a new weight loss drugs, and it allows us to easily lose weight without dieting, the product name is japan 2 day diet lingzhi.
It will you lose weight quickly, friend,join us now! if you want to know more please landing site(www.2datdiet-green.com)

John

it is unfortunate that with all the resent publicity surrounding acai berry that it has brought out people trying to make a fast buck. This has many associating it with a scam. The truth is that acai offers some excellent health benefits. You can read more at