Weight Loss Company Targets Gabourey Sidibe

3/15/2010 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A weight loss company claims "Precious" star Gabourey Sidibe shouldn't be worried about her appearance ... but rather her health.

Gabourey Sidibe

AcaiSupply.com
is reaching out to the Oscar nominated star, noting that obesity is a "major epidemic" in the U.S. and they want to help her fight what they call "this terrible affliction."

The company is offering her a one year supply of the product in return for an endorsement -- provided she loses weight.

The CEO wrote a letter to Sidibe, urging her, "The only way you can reach your goal of someday winning that Oscar is by being active, fit, and most of all, healthy!"

A rep for Sidibe could not be reached for comment.

Not Crazy

I loved her in "Precious." She showed a lot of depth, she has some real chops. Who is this diet company trying to gain some publicity from this poor girls weight! Isnt this something though, rich people get offered big money to lose weight, us normal people have to pay tons of money to lose it.. Typical Hollywood mindset this company has, the skinnier the more successful. Wrong!!! You dont have to be skinny to win an Oscar. Monique just won an Oscar and has had good longevity in her career and she is not pin-thin.. This company needs to get a life... I say NO DEAL!

Not Crazy

121. Look at the size of her hand in the pic! It looks like a giant Easter ham! How much does this manatee really weigh? Could we get her to a truck scale so we could all find out?

Posted at 5:48PM on Mar 15th 2010 by Amanda

LMFAO... Ewwww gross your Easter Hams look like a hand??

Ineda

Then how did Mo'Nique win hers?

tomcat

People of all races who are obese need to lose weight, or else they will get dibetes or heart disease. If she chose to be fat, so be it, but it's a risk and will contribute to rising costs of care.

And, yes, the super skinny c**ts are unhealthy too!!

jessica

Number one, I do think that her weight is unhealthy, I mean Queen Latifah defended her weight for the longest time but finally decided to shed a few pounds to improve her health. Number two Acai is a wonderful fruit actually and it does help with weight loss. However, I don't think they went about this the right way at all! The letter was humiliating, and thankfully Gabourey seems to be the kind of person that doesn't let the thoughts of other people bring her down, because honestly, if I had received a letter like that I would have been crushed. I think WHEN and IF she decides to lose weight, it should be her decision alone and not be influenced by anyone else.

jessica

JackMeOffSki

she looks like a big Monkey from the ZOO!!! Holy!!!

Shawn

"127. Two words for everyone: Kathy Bates!"

The only reason Kathy Bates has a career is because she plays a "sassy fat woman" in every single role, which reinforces the stereotype that fat people are either "sassy" or "jolly" Kathy Bates is about 1/2 the size as "Precious"

Like I said before, she will be nothing more than an oscar trivia. Have not watched the movie, have no desire to watch it, but she has given one positive benefit. Every time I see a fat black woman walk by, I know that I can say to my friends, "There goes Precious" and get a guaranteed laugh.

tomcat

News flash, Jennifer Hudson and Queen L have slimmed down to healthy sizes. Gabby will have to face real issues if she chooses to stay the same. Two words of warning: Nell Carter; died too young.

OTOH, America F. and Jordin Sparks are healthy, too. Don't define healthy women as a size 00.

Renee

How can they say "weight loss is the only way she can win an Oscar. She was nominated for an Oscar at the weight she is, why would she need to lose it to win one? The first black woman to ever win an Oscar, Hattie McDaniels was over 250 lbs. AcaiSupply should find another excuse to exploit their greed.

Renee

Her name is not Precious, it's Gabourey.

really?

also as to all of the hateful comments all over the internet, keep it up kids, so we can get an age restriction on certain sites. I'm so tired of trying to read a conversation peppered with all of your pointless attempts at humor. YOU ARE NOT FUNNY, SAVE IT FOR YOUR SCHOOL BUDDIES AND LET ADULTS HAVE A CONVERSATION, THANKS.

kat

She should be on 'Celebrity Fit Club!' Better than fake rip-off pills!

isabel

Its about time hollywood starts to recognize actressess for their talent and not the stupid barbie look. She looks fine the way she is.

dee

She could stand to lose some weight. But what about this company that's offering to help her? Does the ingredients in their product cause the blood pressure to rise...as most quick weight-loss products do? Buyer-beware, peeps.