Michael Jackson Estate

Inks Record,

Record Deal

3/16/2010 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0630_mj_exd_tmz_06-1TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment -- the contract is for 10 projects over seven years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least three albums of fresh material.

A source tells TMZ the royalty rate on foreign sales is the key to the deal -- and 2/3 of the sales of MJ records traditionally have been outside the U.S.

And we're told Sony gets a two-year extension for the right to distribute the Michael Jackson catalog -- to 2017.

The deal has nothing to do with The Beatles' catalog -- it's all about MJ original recordings.

The agreement was brokered by John Branca and John McClain, executors of the MJ estate.

David King

Watch 'Obama For The World' video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBrM9bZE64

David King

Join me in support of Barack Obama's Presidency with my song 'Obama For The World'! It's about how all the different things about Barack Obama seem to symbolize his destiny as the 44th. U.S. President! As it is embraced it will also represent the overwhelming support of the world for the positive direction that it is heading, in which President Obama is the leading example! This is the world's theme song for Barack Obama's Presidency! Watch 'Obama For The World' video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBrM9bZE64 Haiti, Chile, Indonesia & etc... have been hit by massive Earthquakes & Tsunamis in recent years killing hundreds of thousands of people, creating massive homelessness, poverty & despair! Help me raise 1 Trillion Dollars for the Relief, Rebuilding & Renaisance of world disaster victims by downloading my music! www.nimbitmusic.com/davidking.2

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/16/michael-jackson-record-deal-sony-entertainment-albums-music-estate/49#c26507148#ixzz0j3XypuwV

David King

Watch 'Obama For The World' video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBrM9bZE64

David King

David King

Join me in support of Barack Obama's Presidency with my song 'Obama For The World'! It's about how all the different things about Barack Obama seem to symbolize his destiny as the 44th. U.S. President! As it is embraced it will also represent the overwhelming support of the world for the positive direction that it is heading, in which President Obama is the leading example! This is the world's theme song for Barack Obama's Presidency! Watch 'Obama For The World' video! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LBrM9bZE64 Haiti, Chile, Indonesia & etc... have been hit by massive Earthquakes & Tsunamis in recent years killing hundreds of thousands of people, creating massive homelessness, poverty & despair! Help me raise 1 Trillion Dollars for the Relief, Rebuilding & Renaisance of world disaster victims by downloading my music! http://www.nimbitmusic.com/davidking.2

David King

David King

Butterfly

For whom is it really a good deal? hhmm.

The King of Pop was the artist with the most record sales in the United States last year, with 8.3 million copies sold, nearly twice as much as the artist in the number two spot - country-pop star Taylor Swift with 4.6 million album copies.

Since his death, Sony has sold some 31 million Jackson albums worldwide. The album to accompany the This Is It movie has sold five million copies, Sony said.

The posthumous concert movie, based on video of Jackson's rehearsals for the London concerts, has already grossed more than $US250 million ($A273 million) worldwide.

"By all objective criteria, this agreement with Sony Music demonstrates the lasting power of Michael's music by exceeding all previous industry benchmarks," entertainment lawyer John Branca, one of the estate's executors, said in joint statement with Sony.

J C

Cashing in on the Beatles catalog MJ owned?

huh

The man still rocks. It's time for his accusers to man up and clear his legacy forever. Go to http://deargavinarvizo.com and speak your mind. If you believe in Michael's innocence, PLEASE do it.

His legacy should reflect the truth.

huh

The man still rocks. It's time for his accusers to man up and clear his legacy forever. Go to http://dearjordanchandler.com and speak your mind. If you believe in Michael's innocence, PLEASE do it.

His legacy should reflect the truth.

MJSoul

Michael Jackson was finishing and album that included Akon, Mariah Carey and Lenny Kraviz, MJ had about 500 songs he made after 2006, I can't wait to hear them, I love you Michael miss you.

a fan

"The future of Michael Jackson is unlimited" per John Branca. Except for the part where he is dead.

ThePrevailingTruth

Enough material for 3 albums...but the deal is for 10 projects? What are the other 7?? Things MJ will do new? It's a hoax, folks!

brenda

Worth more dead than alive.