Corey Haim -- Thousands of Pills, Dozens of Docs

3/17/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim had been getting a massive amount of prescription drugs from numerous doctors, according to the California Attorney General.

Jerry Brown: Click to watch
A.G. Jerry Brown -- who is investigating a fraudulent prescription drug ring that has a Corey Haim connection -- said on HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell," "How many people go to 10 or 15 or 20 doctors and then run around to 10, 12 and more pharmacies to go fulfill them and sometimes two different doctors in the same day?"

Brown says pharmacy records show Haim obtained "thousands" of pills from dozens of doctors over the last year.

As we first reported, just days before Haim's death, he obtained 4 prescriptions from the same psychiatrist -- Valium, Vicodin, Soma and haloperidol, an antipsychotic drug.

Suze

@Notsosad...ever hear of sarcasam?

rachel

Seems Mr.Feldman is still in competition with Corey even after his death.HE DID NOT GO TO THE FUNERAL FOR FEAR OF THE PAPARRAZI?Come on.Hes a cheap a hole that got some mini tats on his arm"in memory"That guy will make anyone choke,then he'll tell all about it.Like hes so fing famous.

Peaches

1000'S AND 1000'S OF PILLS.......GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK.......QUESTION: WHAT DID HE USE TO GET ALL THOSE .PRESCRIPTIONS FILLED? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?......NO ADDICT WOULD NEED 'THAT MANY' PRESPS....GIVE US A FREAKIN BREAK.....THIS DUDE DID NOT EVEN HAVE A FREAKIN CAR........HOW FREAKIN FAKE AND EXPLOITED.....LET THE DUDE FADE AWAY MAN.............DR DRU, HIS PHONEY ASS IS GONNA LOVE THIS ONE......................

just.me

He was another loser.

I hope he'll be remembered.

As an example of what not to do.

Yo

Man, I can't wait to read the toxicology report. I hope they list of levels of the drugs in his system at time of death. If he was taking as much as TMZ is indicating, they were probably massive.

When I moved to Canada I saw it was a lot harder to get "early" refills on narcotics and benzos. There is a central data base and all Drug stores can read the flags that are posted by the govt. Yes, Big Brother is watching you. Also, finding even ONE Dr. taking new patients in my city was impossible. You could go to the walk in clinics, but many of them will not prescribe narcotics. It's quite an easier job to Dr Shop in the US, but the new databases will make it a bit more difficult to obtain "thousands" of pills.

chicken head

I can't believe he could be able to do that!
I tried!
Your name is on the computer and all pharmacies know what you are getting??
I wish i could do what he did- GET ME HIGH!

Jessica

I'm begining to think Corey got what he wanted. RIP loser

Cindy

that how Michael Jackson spent his time. doctor shopping and multiple pharmacies..Haim did this to himself. why all the fuss? why didn't his MOM report him to the police. she was his enabler!!!

King

I knew he had to have been really high when I saw how he'd waxed his eyebrows like a hot tranny mess.

me

I like Corey but gosh, he had waaaaayyyy too much time on his hands. When did he have the time to even enjoy the high?

I watched Lucas last night and he was so adorable. I always loved the way Corey's lip curled up. So sexy and flirty. Poor guy.

me

... and for those who wonder how any person can obtain drugs, do this...

Go to the Emergency room, tell them you have a spasm in your back or just say you are having problems with intense pain... Wait up to 5 hours to be seen. Cry in pain when doctor ask you to put your foot over your other legs knee and say you can't do it. Take prescription for pain killer and muscle relaxer to pharmacy, fill.

Have fun sitting in the waiting room all that time for about 20 pills. At least there's usually some interesting people to watch.

me

I think he was selling them too. There's lots of money to be made in the prescription pill market. Like $80 a Vicodin. That'd pay for Corey's mom's health care very well.

Doug

A Lost Corey exclusive!!!!!!!
A must see!!!

Fruitfly

Lot of judgemental people on here. Wow. Dude had a problem, none of us can fully understand that. Addiction is a DISEASE people. He was a washed up child star, as soon as he hit adulthood, Hollywood was done with him. Chewed him up and spit him out. Doesn't make anything he did right, but he had his own reasons, ones that none of us are privy to. Don't judge someone until you have been where they are.

You people amaze me. Dude died. I'd say he paid the ultimate price for his disease, so how about cutting him some slack at this point.

Barbie

#7 Miranda ---- This is just a response to what you just ranted. Most doctors are good doctors, there are always going to be the bad one's. And after thinking about how this prescription drug epidemic would affect my life because I do take narcotic prescription medications, not once over the past year has my doctor who prescribes the med's to me faltered in giving me my prescriptions, not once has he brought up all the news about all these people dropping dead from the same medications that I take. I feared my medical neccessity would be thrown into the lump of drug abusers and affect how I am treated by my doctor. My doctor does not hesitate to give me the pain medications that I need for my condition so I'm not worried whether the doctor who prescribes to me and who is reading and hearing the same news stories as I am is going to refuse to give me my much needed medications. If you have a legitimate medical reason for taking the med's then you shouldn't fear your doctor is going to refuse giving them to you and if your that worried about it then maybe you should check your motives as to why it scares you !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments