'Davy Crockett' Star Fess Parker Dies

3/18/2010 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fess Parker -- who played Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone -- has died of natural causes ... a rep confirms with TMZ.

Davy Crockett Star Dies

Parker -- who also starred in "Old Yeller" -- owned the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara and the Wine Country Inn & Spa in Los Olivos, CA.

Parker married Marcella Rinehart in 1960. They had two kids.

He was 85.

Lucca

I agree, why nothing about Peter Graves? He was another fine actor and a real gentleman, stayed married and did not have scandals. He will be missed by his family, friends and admirers. Shame on tmz for ignoring his death. And God bless Fess Parker, a good man!

Millie

Hey, Had it coming, your village called, they want their idiot back, you can go home now.

marsha

Unlike some of the stupid idiots on here who had no idea who this man was, he epitomized who Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone was back in the '60s.He was our Michael Landon. Gentle, kind and fair. He seemed like a nice man, not to mention handsome! Prayers to his family!

Lucca

Will everyone please ignore Had it Coming, he will go back to nursery school after his milk break. Its never wise to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

Had it coming

please child if your going to crack jokes dont use ones that are older then you are

Bill

I knew Fess and he was a great guy. I don't think I ever heard him say an unknind word about anyone he worked with. Having spent 20 years in the business I can say that's a rarity. He was always patient and gracious with his fans, and great to spend time with.

Beau

TMZ,

Thank you for recognizing the older actors who have died especially since you did not recognize Peter Graves, RIP.

Old Hollywood actors matter too.

Millie

You can always tell the level of nastiness and illiteracy by the age of the commenters....those of us who grew up with Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone saw some morals and manners portrayed that it is good to emulate...while other retards grew up watching Beavis and Butthead and never got their minds out of the sewer. They denigrate anyone with standards, brains and morals because they are completely lacking in those qualities. Sad for the world!!! Had it coming, you are a complete waste of air and space. Go back to the dump you live in.

Jeff

He also owns thee largest cattle ranch in Cali.
RIP uncle Fess

carol

R.I.P and thank you

David

I worked for Mr. Parker for 4 years in Santa Barbara, and I can tell you he was one of the nicest men. His kids and his grandkids loved him and I'm sure he'll be missed. RIP Fess...we'll miss you and your kind smile...

chalkoutline

Rest in peace Fess Parker.
I enjoyed your work.
Condolences to your wife and family.

Had it coming

Rot in hell

ltlmstrblmkr

aw.....so many yrs later & I still remember both shows.....thought he was such a kind & handsome man (met once)......actually it's the songs that I replay in my head,lol....."davy crockett....king of the wild frontier" & "daniel boone was a man,yes, a big man...." ;-) Seems like this actor had a great life after retiring from TV so good for him!

cjs

Nothing but the best memories ever growing up , thanks Fess !

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments