'Davy Crockett' Star Fess Parker Dies

3/18/2010 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fess Parker -- who played Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone -- has died of natural causes ... a rep confirms with TMZ.

Davy Crockett Star Dies

Parker -- who also starred in "Old Yeller" -- owned the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara and the Wine Country Inn & Spa in Los Olivos, CA.

Parker married Marcella Rinehart in 1960. They had two kids.

He was 85.

ltlmstrblmkr

RE:Posted at 3:38PM on Mar 18th 2010 by Wicked

'Wicked'.....I totally enjoyed your comment,probably because it's so true. I remember all those shows & the fact that they were more done to teach us about things you mentioned,including humanity & kindness towards all living things.I also remember a wkly show about a kinda mountain-man befriending a bear & can't recall if Mr.Parker was the star of that too(probably not).....I was so young then,lol.

criss

Even though he was in Davey Crockett when my dad was a little kid, I also grew up watching those and still love watching nowadays. RIP Mr Parker.

sst226

RIP!! Daniel Boone will live forever in reruns. Prayers for you, Fess and your family.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Young, stupid, jerks, drunks, dope addicts, and deviates.

Do not post here.

Dennis Davis

I met Fess Parker at his winery seven years ago, and of course watched Davey Crockett on TV when I was a young boy. It is wonderful when your boyhood hero is as great in person as he was on his TV show. Fess Parker was a real gentleman I know in my heart there is a special place for him in heaven.

Ron

2 years ago I had the opportunity to have dinner with Fess, his Wife, and Family. Having been my main childhood idle this was an incredble experience for me and a once in a lifetime opportunity. The first time I saw him was on opening day at Disneyland, then several more times at different Park events. The evening we had dinner was spent talking about his acting career, Walt Disney, His Family, Wine Business and wondering what ever happened to Ole Betsy, who resided with him for over 30 years after the show concluded. He was an incredble generous man, host, father, and actor. I am really saddened hearing of his passing a will miss this Living Legend. Hopefully he will now get a window on Main Street

Millie

He was soooo handsome! I will always remember him "grinning down a bear". God bless and keep you, Fess, you were a true gentleman and will be missed. Those of us lucky enough to grow up watching your shows learned lessons we will never forget about decency, civility and caring for nature and your fellow men. The closest thing we have to that standard today is Jethro Gibbs on NCIS.

Paolo

RIP Daniel Boone, loved the show growing up !!

Eaglewerks

Fess Parker was a rare actor that my father approved of because of his lifestyle, demeanor and abilities. I and my brother looked up to him as young boys. He was a Hero and he portrayed the Heroism of both Davy Crockett at the Alamo and a long distant uncle in my own family, Daniel Boone. Mr. Fess Parker was an excellent role model in real life and he will be sorely missed. The world would be a better place if we had more men like Fess Parker.

Jessica

He was a good actor, role model and person. He will be missed.

harry chase

What a pity there are people like "had it coming" who feel they need to denigrate something nice. Fess Parker was an icon in early television. Something many of today's tv "stars" aspire to. Naturally there will always be people who seek to elevate their own insignificance by trashing others. Those people will get their comeuppance and will certainly "have it coming".

We're all better off for having known of Fess Parker....well, nearly all of us.

deleta

I loved that show as a kid. He was very handsome too.

Darlene

May he rest in peace, God Bless him!!!

LH

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Parker. You, best represented the American Dream.

don

I have a photo of me in the kitchen with my Davy Crockett coonskin cap and Indian chaps on, age 6, prolly 1955. Hey, it's my treasure. Could sing the song this day. God bless Fess Parker

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments