'Davy Crockett' Star Fess Parker Dies

3/18/2010 3:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fess Parker -- who played Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone -- has died of natural causes ... a rep confirms with TMZ.

Davy Crockett Star Dies

Parker -- who also starred in "Old Yeller" -- owned the DoubleTree Resort in Santa Barbara and the Wine Country Inn & Spa in Los Olivos, CA.

Parker married Marcella Rinehart in 1960. They had two kids.

He was 85.

Caruso

Growing up in Argentina in the early 80's, we would never miss ALL the Davy Crockett re-runs on TV. I had the privilage of working and dealing with him in the Wine industry. Mr. Fess parker was a MAN! He's word was as good as gold. It was a true dream to work with someone who I literally grew up with. He made AMERICANs look like Gods in our country, honest,gentle and sincere. And when I meet him, he did NOT dissapoint, a true AMERICAN icon,a true human of good nature and spirit, he will be missed dearly. Mr.Parker, GOD bless you! Welcome Home to the big Ranch in the Sky.....

fash

WHAT HAPPEN TO MERLE OLSON!??!?!?!? FEARSOME FOURSOME R.I.P...NO REPORT???

Jerry

God bless you Fess. My brothers and I grew up watching you as Davy Crockett. What a wonderful example of goodness and honesty you portrayed on the screen and in real life. I know you're in Heaven and at peace!!

Mel

A few years back, my grandson e-mailed Fess Parker after watching the Davy Crockett movies. He talked to him concerning typical childhood issues - school, wildlife, things of this nature. Fess not only immediately e-mailed him back and answered every question he asked, he also had his secretary contact me and ask for our address so he could send an autographed photo to my grandson. You were a kind and caring individual Mr. Parker, a gentleman, a class act, unlike most of the actors today. May you rest in peace, and my prayers to you family.

Mariah

This makes me so sad. We are really not so young for very long. I think most of us have a mental image like we were in high school to early '20's. I am crawling up on 40 and still FEEL like I'm only out of college but it just hit me that my parents turn 70 this year which is only 15 years younger than this man...time really flies...you learn that reality is your real life not this crap on TV called "reality".

It has made me spend more time with family as you never know when they may leave you. Some of these tween "pop-offs" that come on here seemingly gleeful of people's deaths and aging will find out soon enough. I just laugh at the moronic comments anymore and don't bother responding.

This younger picture (for some unexplainable reason) and reading some of the respectful posts make me think of John Ritter's untimely passing (maybe the whole western thing and that he was the son of Tex Ritter, etc.). There are a FEW good ones in Hollywood these days but they are few and far between anymore.

Virginia

Very sad to hear of Fess Parker's passing. Would not have missed one of his TV shows in my younger days. His voice was always soothing, and pleasant to listen to, and he was very handsome. But most important he epitomized honesty, integrity, fairness in everything. And from what I'm reading on some of these posts, he was actually like that in real life.

May you rest in peace, sir; and to your family - thank you for sharing him with us. He has enriched our lives. God Bless!

www.bestmbtshoes.com

nice , i want to see more

Larry

My fondest thoughts go out to the Parker family. I will be 70 next year and I have known Fess since I was about 12 years old. We had not seen each other for many years and when I contacted him he was like we were dearest friends. Classy guy. I will miss you Fess!
Larry

SP

Watched him many many many times as a kid, may he rest in peace & Pray for his family.

raghu

hello

Dude had it coming, keep it going ...
----------------------------------
raghu.

www.tssolution.in

JoDale

Thanks Fess for being a true gentleman. They seem rare these days.

Butterfly

IT IS SO SAD that many of our young people have been deprived of what it was like to look up to REAL gentlemen and great actors like Fess Parker and Peter Graves. These gentlemen were top drawer in every sense. Unfortunately, our kids today, are bombarded mostly by television, magazine and internet smut which they cannot escape. It is not their fault because many of our law makers have turned their backs on decency as long as our tax dollars fill their hungry pockets. Sometimes public behavior and "off" comments by well known people are quite disturbing but, we the public, seem to fluff it off so, we are as guilty as, they. Sorry to go on this way, but, when decent people continue to pass on, who will replace them?

Ron Brown

I have Fess Parker's autograph from 1965 when I won the sope box derby...For sale!!!

Ron Brown

I also have some pic's of when there raceing down the track and a old news paper clip of all three together, from 1965 soap box derby in Akron ohio.

Ron Brown

Sorry forgot to tell who else was there, Franky Availon,Glen ford, and Fess Parker. I have Fess parker and Franky's Autograph.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4