Paula Deen:

You Defamed Me,

And I'm Rich

3/18/2010 4:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen: You Defamed Me, and I'm RichPaula Deen's good name has been slandered, and she's filthy rich -- this is what TMZ has learned from a lawsuit filed by Paula Deen Enterprises.

It seems the Food Network star made a deal with Celebrity Chefs Tour to do cooking demonstrations before live audiences in various cities. Short story: Paula's company claims the $150,000 advance she was supposed to get bounced, and after waiting for full payment she walked away, claiming Celeb Chefs Tour breached the agreement.

Paula claims Celeb Chefs Tour defamed her by making it seem she bailed for no good reason.

But here's what's interesting: Aside from the $150,000 advance, Paula's deal would have guaranteed her $130,000 for each event which featured her in two culinary performances.

She wants more than a million bucks for the hassle.

newgirlbrooklyn

Paula Deen is a stain on humanity. She slings poisonous food to the masses, without any regard for the health of the human-kind nor the lives of the animal-kind. She is deceptive and utterly dangerously selfish. She supported and endorsed a pork manufacturer notorious for mistreating its employees (don't even get me started on the animals.) And she did it because as we see in this story--she is a profoundly greedy, immoral woman. Do the research on Paula, people! Ugh, can't stand her. I hope someone enlightens her one day. I believe anyone (even Mrs. Deen) has the capacity to change for the better.

Nancy

Paula Deen is a phony anyway. She acts so nice and goody goody but is NOT!!! I do not feel sorry for her ONE BIT!! BOO TO PAULA DEEN.....

Jennifer Bouldack

Gosh, all of you people are TOTALLY missing the point here.

Whether any of you like Paula Deen is of no consequence here. That is of no interest.

The item in this story of interest that you are all jumping right over is that the Food Network bounced a check!

What is going on over at the Food Network that they cannot cover the checks they are writing, and what is wrong with their accounting that they would even be close enough on cash flow to have a bounced check even be a possibility?

I mean, c'mon people. Scripps Networks owns the Food Network, and they also own the Travel Channel, HGTV and Great American Country, among others. Also, Scripps bought the Travel Channel just LAST YEAR for ONE BILLION dollars.

And now they are bouncing checks?

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you, THAT is the story here.

MJ

This ignorant Hillbilly thinks she's worth more than a million bucks for this??? What a witch! This is the same slutty broad that had a 10 year affair with a married man!!! Burn in H*ll, Paula. You are a GREEDY, self-centered shrew.

Julie

I can't stand her- she looks like my aunt lydia who I can't stand- I hate to judge but just looking at her makes me sick- she looks greedy- and the way she talks is ridiculous!

MJ

Jennifer Bouldack, please reread the article. It is not the Food Network that bounced a check, it is the Celebrity Chefs Tour. The article merely states that she is a Food Network star, although for the life of me, I can't figure out why...

GTLT

I'll whip up a mess of food for half that, and it will taste good too.

Jennifer Bouldack

To CanJenniferBouldackRead:

Yes, I assure you - I can most certainly read; quite well, thank you for asking.

However, you are correct, and I thank you for pointing out my oversight. I have excellent reading comprehension, and I would dare say that I accurately comprehend what I read about 99.99 percent of the time. Despite my solid track record, I was clearly mistaken and misread this story. Perhaps it was the Fentanyl or the Oxycodone that caused me to miss the key words, although those are always "on board" so I don't know why they would cause me to be careless in my reading today.

Still, I think the bounced check is the story here. Any company or organization of a level that they are promising to pay upwards of $100,000 for a national name like Paula Deen (whether you like her or not) shouldn't be bouncing a check. And when they do, that's news.

Thanks for kindly pointing out my mistake and not nailing me to a wall or calling me all manners of obscene names for having made it. You must be a very decent and kind person. That didn't go unnoticed nor unappreciated.

Best wishes to you,

Whomever I am claiming to be today

Celebrity Chef fan

Paula Deen has admitted what was alleged against her! In pleadings filed in court on April 5th by her lawyers in response to the $40 million counter-claim against her by promoter Celebrity Chefs Tour, LLC, Paula Deen has admitted that her agent never signed the contract that would have allowed the money for her appearances to be sent to him as an escrow agent. She has also admitted that she issued the defamatory statements that Celebrity Chefs Tour alleged. Finally, she now admits that she was wired $100,000 from the promoter.

rookieChef

ummmm...how are all of you finding out all of this stuff on Paula?...i.e. trash etc..?

CB

Am I missing something? Where the heck does it say she's rich in that article? What's up with that BS title?

connie

put the old cow (sow) out to pasture, her sons too...freeloading bastards...eat for free all over the place then steal recipes from thosae that fed them...just like mama

Lolly

I CAN'T STAND HER EITHER!!! I AM FROM SAVANNAH AND HAVE LIVED HERE MY ENTIRE LIFE AS WELL AS OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN HERE SINCE THE CIVIL WAR. IT MAKES ME SO ILL THAT SHE TOUT'S HERSELF AS A SAVANNAHIAN WHEN IN REALITY SHE IS AN ALBANY GA. AT FIRST PEOPLE WE PROUD OF HER BUT NO ONE HAS LET FAME GO TO THEIR HEAD MORE THAN HER. SHE IS AN FAT, VULGAR, REDNECK. SHE IS "NO" CHEF AND MOST OF HER RECIPES ARE OTHER PEOPLES. THAT IS A SORE SUBJECT IN SAVANNAH ALSO. ALOT OF SAVANNAH CHEFS AND COOKS HAVE HAD HER USE THEIR RECIPES. SHE IS SO FULL OF HERSELF AND ALL SHE IS ABOUT IS MONEY, MONEY MONEY. BOBBY AND JAMIE ACT THE WAY THEY DO BECAUSE OF THE MONEY THEY GET..BELIEVE ME THEY USED TO NOT BE SO IN LOVE WITH THEIR MOM WHEN THEY WERE BROKE. I DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN SAVANNAH ANYMORE THAT DOES NOT REALLY DISLIKE HER. SHE HAS BURNED MANY BRIDGES, DOES NOTHING FOR ANYONE..MAKES YOU BUY A COOKBOOK IF YOU WANT IT AUTOGRAPHED, EVEN IF YOU BOUGHT ONE A WHILE BACK. SHE WON'T SIGN THEM. SHE SAYS :"HONEY.I'M A COMMODITY" I COULD GO ON FOREVER. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST..SHE IS AN OLDER , OVERWEIGHT, NOT TO ATTRACTIVE..VULGAR WOMAN. SHE IS VERY INAPPROPRIATE WITH MEN WITH SUGGESTIVE COMMENTS AND HER HANDS ALL OVER THEM OR KISSING THEM ON THE MOUTH! AND SHE THINKS SHE IS SO CUTE! UGH...I WISH SHE WOULD GO BACK TO ALBANY...SHE HAS DONE NOTHING LATELY FOR SAVANNAH. GO HOME PAULA!

carol timperio

some people are right you do a lot with your sons on your show since the accident and it seems that you like it that way ,drinking your coffee.What is up with you. Did you really throw food in to the audience .hAVE you gotten to big for your britches. I can not believe you would think that you were that
cool.You hurt a lot of fans, and probably really embarassed tv food network, including all the other chefs that were your friends.please take care of this, because I am tired of your repeats deuring the week.

marge

Don't watch Paula anymore. When she has Michael on the show I would switch channels. Thank goodness for the Remote. Also do not watch Gida, I mean really talk about low cut clothing. I watch food network for possible recipes not a fashion show. Love the Barefoot Contessa, she is the only female on that network that looks like she is there to cook and her recipes are fabulous. You should try the Pecan Bars that she makes. Love them.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments