Coroner on Haim: Natural Death, Not Drugs

5/4/2010 5:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimTMZ has learned the L.A. County Coroner is about to release the report on Corey Haim's death ... and it was not caused by drugs ... it's listed as a natural death.

In lay terms, Corey had a bad heart and pneumonia.  As for drugs, there were traces of several drugs but nothing severe enough to contribute to Haim's death.

As for the causes of death .... diffuse alveolar damage -- respiratory distress.  In addition, the Coroner found hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- the muscle in his heart thickened, making it hard for blood to flow.

And the Coroner also found a hardening of the arteries that supply blood to the heart.

Story developing...

cindy

Anyone who bad-mouthed poor Corey ought to be ashamed of themselves. many people said he was straightening out his life and getting off drugs. unfortunately the years of abuse did him in. But he DID NOT O.D.!!! RIP Corey

Eastender

Tell me lies
Tell me sweet little lies
Tell me lies....tell me, tell me lies...

What a load of malarky. What causes those diseases? DRUGS? Idiots? Wonder if someone is getting paid off to get a part of his life insurance (if any).

Mel

diana

but he was clean at the time of his death and he was fighting to stay clean, thats all that matters.. but his poor heart gave out...rip, corey x

Dora

U know its pretty sad that u guys have nothing better to do with your lives than to sit around and make assumptions about people!!!! Leave it alone!!!! U were told what was wrong and geeezzzz yes so people do drugs in life so what leave him and his family alone! U bunch of gossipers with no life!!!!!

Julie

There is absolutely nothing NATURAL about a man dying at age 38. This seriously upsets me. I can't imagine his mother accepting this either.

DaBrat63

Some of you people make me SICK! This is not the first person to die of heart disease approching 40 years old. So he did not have the healthiest life style. Corey got HUGE over the years and the bad diet and lack of excercise probably had justas much to do with his heart problemsas anything else. My ex is 10 years older and has never done a drug in his life, retired military, was in excellent shape for most of his life and cannot work due to the same condition. Give this guy's mother some respect and just suck it up!

TMZ was WRONG with their apparent drug overdose headline and all of you still trying to shove him into a pill bottle don't know what you are talking about,

JM

"There is nothing natural about dying at 38."

FYI...My aunt died of a heart attack at age 40. She never did a single drug in her lifetime. She had an unknown heart condition. If you have no idea what you are talking about, best not to comment at all.

jor

Awwww....Love you Corey.

Someone posted this on one of his Youtube Videos;

That man is justice. Total boss of my heart.

TEAM HAIM

jamie5

A few years back, I was watching that bad reality show he did with the other corey and it occurred to me from his facial appearance (at only his mid 30's), he had either the beginnings of heart or kidney disease. The puffy, watery look people get when that's starting to take over. It is NOT hard to believe he died from heart trouble.

jlgrr

Sry- dont believe it--it was (in long term) because of the drugs! Jsut like the rest of Hollywood burn outs who will never learn.

Jaymz

Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is a genetic disorder that one is born with and it is an inherited trait. Most people don't have symptoms until they reach their 20's or 30's, and by then it has progressed to a lethal state. I know because this disorder runs on my wife's side of the family, her mother was 47 when she died from it. Drug and alcohol do not play a role in this disease.

Brandie

You know what is so funny? Is the fact that everyone can proved wrong and they still talk trash!!!! My Aunt died of a massive heart attack when she was only 23 so it can happen. Yes he did do alot of drugs in his time, but he did not do anything to hurt any of the people on here, yet they talk bad about anyone that they can. There is not one person on the face of this earth that has never done anything that they do not regret and I would almost bet the ones that are saying the worst things have probably done just as many drugs as he has. But I guess that is the world of the internet for you. Everyone has an opinion and it lets them get the attention that they are craving so badly!!!

madhat

Wow.. the similarities between Eddie Guerrero and Haim are astounding. Both made the effort to get clean, won the battle, but too much damage was done, and eventually the heart said "It's been a slice... seeya!"

Crappy.

medic911

He may not have died from an overdose, but drugs still killed him. Everything they named is caused by chronic drug abuse. I've worked in emergency medicine for fifteen years. Trust me, drugs killed him even if he had none in his system.

bring back recent posts

um...hyperthrophic myopathy= enlarged heart from alcohol abuse = cleary didn't die from drugs, rather a consequence of long term abuse.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments