Brittany Murphy -- Hundreds of Pills a Month

3/20/2010 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Brittany Murphy received no fewer than 200 pills every month from January 2008 through August 2009 ... and sometimes as many as 400.

As we first reported, Murphy used an alias -- Lola Manilow Murphy -- at Eddie's Pharmacy in Los Angeles for nearly two years before the pharmacy finally cut her off 4 months before her death.

Pharmacy records show Murphy was getting regular scrips for hydrocodone (Vicodin), clonazepam and Klonopin (anti-anxiety), and Vicoprofen (a Vicodin/ibuprofen combo) -- doubling up on some prescriptions on certain months.

For example, one month Murphy was prescribed 200 hydrocodone and 100 clonazepam; another month it was 300 Vicoprofen and 100 Klonopin.

All the prescriptions were prescribed by Dr. Richard Kroop. We're told investigators paid a visit to Kroop on Friday afternoon.

As we first reported, the owner of Eddie's Pharmacy told TMZ he cut Brittany and her family off 4 months before her death because, "We thought there was going to be an accident there."

kimmy

Maybe Tom Cruise does have a point. We should all run to his church to learn how to be coach jumping high without pills.

Andie

I am prescribed 120 hydrocodone/month (1 every four hours or 4 per day) while recovering from a tib-fib ankle break. So what.

brad

how many more people have to die from pills before the government does something about it...as long as they make money they really dont care...How long are these going to be legal and marijuana going to be illegal...Pills have killed so many people pot hasn't killed one...The only reason they wont is because they cant regulate it and make money off it...They know if they legalize it people will grow it themselves...So instead of letting people smoke a plant thats been here for hundreds maybe thousands of years they let people put deadly chemicals in there bodies...HOW LONG IS IT GOING TO BE ABOUT MONEY INSTEAD OF DOING WHATS RIGHT...Ive been addicted to vicodin so dont read this an act like i dont know what im talkin bout

Sad

Some people complain at the law but it’s more or less followed in the world except when it comes to famous people.
Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith, Heath Ledger, Brittany Murphy, and Corey Haim were all Hollywood stars but it’s rare to read that an unknown human being dies of prescription drugs and has been prescribed the same amount of drugs as the people above.

And aliases, does that exists anywhere else than among famous people. Clean up all the doctors who treat the stars, obviously there’s more to find.

hwall

Wow! Brittany Murphy !

I have a lot of her wallpaper.
It here : http://hwallpaper.com/brittany-murphy-desktop-wallpapers.html

Loose some weight fatty and you wouldn't need more then half of those pills.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

The only worrisome amount is the Vicoprofen. Since we are not privy to her medical records, we are certainly not in a position to say any of the amounts were not medically necessary. Instead of refusing the prescription, the pharmacy should have notified the doctor that there seemed to be an unusually high number of scripts.

I recently had a pinched nerve in my neck and a broken leg. I was given Vicoden first for the BL and then developed the pinched nerve from a degenerating cervical spine and recieved more for that. I could have taken as many as 8 tablets a day and needed them for several weeks. Had I taken the at full dosage for a month, I would have taken 240 pills at 5/500 mg each. I needed the full dose for a good part of the recovery along with two other pills (60 a mo).

At top dosage, I took up to 14 pills a day (excluding the 4 vitamins and mineral pills) or what could have been 420 pills a month. I chose not to take the full dosage when I could get away with it. Sometimes the pain was just too much, though. Its not fun getting old and arthritic. Broken bones aren't much fun, either.

When I was young, I rarely used anything stronger than aspirin.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

Edited:

When combined with my regular prescription meds, at top dosage, I took up to 14 pills a day (excluding the 4 vitamins and mineral pills) or what could have been 420 pills a month. I chose not to take the full dosage when I could get away with it. Sometimes the pain was just too much, though. Its not fun getting old and arthritic. Broken bones aren't much fun, either.

When I was young, I rarely used anything stronger than aspirin.

neileunark

Her love life also was fodder for gossip sites as she broke two engagements in 2004 and 2006, then married Monjack after only four months of dating.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

14. I'm in my very early Sixties. I may take aspirin twice a year. Do I live in the same World as the rest of you Peoples?

Posted at 4:19AM on Mar 20th 2010 by DIANE T

__________________________________________________________

Obviously, you are very lucky to not have difficulty with severe arthritis in your spine or to to be lucky enough to have good BP as you've aged. Not all of us have been as fortunate.I'd love to be able to go back to the days when meds weren't needed to just make it so I could just get moving for the day. Add that to a BL, and, believe me, life gets hard. Then the BL throws your balance off and now you have to deal with a bad back, hips, and knees along with degenerated muscles.

So I'm glad you are in good health. Not everyone is as lucky to so pompously brag about their health. Matter of fact, I'd say you're the exception rather than the rule if you are indeed in your sixties.

Rosie

While it sounds like she was an addict, 200 p/m is not crazy if you have a medical condition... I have epilepsy and take 6 pills a day for it, so that would be 184 p/m if correct. Some conditons are not just cureable by exercise or healthy eating so some peoplel shouldn't be so blunt without fully knowing peoples medical conditions!

Prathap Rajamani

Legalities should be more strict and without any partiality!!

Makenna

People are sitting here and saying it's no big deal how many pills she took because they take lots of pills too.

SHE IS DEAD! Obviously she was taking too many freaking pills. Her liver had an elevated acetaminophen count. This means she was taking more then the daily allotment of 4000mg per day. Her pharmacist cut her off because he saw her intake was not normal.

She was a junkie. Stop making excuses for her. You sound like you are the dirt ball Simon in here doing damage control.

Dustin

No surprise, she's a pathetic addict. Worst actress in the world possible also.

Another drug addict dead, oh well.

Technology Fever

jetsgrl

Uh how can you get this information. It is a privacy law regarding patient confidiality regarding prescriptions that were filled. Sorry I don't Eddie's pharmacy would tell a gossip rag about this.