War Brewing over MJ's 'Thriller' Musical

3/23/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson is coming to Broadway, whether his estate likes it or not ... at least that's what the most famous Broadway family says.

Nederlander Presentations has filed a creditor's claim, but it's not asking for money. Nederlander wants the probate judge to tell the executors they have no choice but to honor a contract Michael Jackson inked in 2008 for a musical stage play featuring music from "Thriller" and "Off the Wall."

The production hit a major road bump last year, when John Landis sued Michael Jackson, claiming MJ couldn't make a deal for the musical without his sign off. Landis directed "Thriller." That suit is pending.

Howard Weitzman, legal guru for the MJ estate, tells TMZ, "I've seen their creditor's claim. I don't agree with their request."

CONSPIRACY2murder

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 1

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 2

susie

Hi Deb
Before going to bed I wanna say that my kitty didn't eat the goldfish. She was terrified by that horrible and smelly creature.
It's a sharp!!!!

Bye!

susie

correct: sharp shark!!!!!

scum bag TMZ

Oxman - Joe Jackson's attorney just announced they're filing a wrongful death lawsuit again Murray.

Get him, he's going down. frickin' leaving his patient unattended, Hurry Murray is going down. Rot in hell POS doctor!

scum bag TMZ

Tellit

I was inclined to believe this was a hoax, not anymore. MJ did die.

a fan

Brian Oxman makes me sick. He has all these fans fooled into thinking he was justice when all he wants is money from suing people and the estate. He makes MJ fans look stupid for falling for his lies. And his online t shirt sales for which I am sure he is getting a cut. He is a snake in the grass. MJ would have what he is doing.

Duh

93. Hi Deb
It's a sharp!!!!

Bye!

Posted at 8:21PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by susie

LOL! (I saw the other post - sharp shark!! YIKES!) Thanks for looking out for me! And when you see this I hope you have a GREAT DAY (or night, depending on what time it is in Italy!)

susie

@too sad

Wait until April 5th....

a fan

MJ would HATE what BO is doing not have.
The only people entitled to sue CM are Katherine and the kids.
Brian Oxman is only after MJ's money. He is trying to get the estate to give it to him by going after CM. But now he has to compete with Branca And McClain who are taking 10% of the kids money for their own kids. How about that? Brancas's kids are getting MJ3's money. MJ owes so much debt will MJ3 get as much as Branca's kids?

Duh

100. MJ would HATE what BO is doing not have.
The only people entitled to sue CM are Katherine and the kids.

Posted at 9:24PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by a fan

Branca and McCain were awarded 10% of the estate by a judge as PAYMENT for their services. Remember all these creditor claim stories on TMZ, people coming out of the woodwork for money? Those two lawyers are dealing with ALL of that. Even though MJ's estate is not entirely liquid, it is a massive estate that takes up probably most if not all of their time. The 10% they asked for was felt by the judge to be a fair amount of payment for their services. Would you want to do a job and not get paid for it?

Rx

I'm going to sleep now. Good night, Wacko Jacko. I hope you enjoy what is to you just another night in hell. Burn baby burn.

scum bag TMZ

Posted at 10:01PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by Lisa

Yes, and look what these attorney's have done in terms of advancing cash flow for MJ, kids...and let's not forget, 20% of all this goes to charity. MJ did good by appointing these two as the estate attorneys. hell, they just brokered the largest SONY music deal in history, $250 Million.

MJs kids will be rich beyond belief, far exceeding the Elvis Estate. The world loves Michael Jackson, unfortunately, it seems to a fault at times.

RIP, Michael Jackson. At least there's no more pain for you.

scum bag TMZ

99. @too sad

Wait until April 5th....

Posted at 9:24PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by susie

yeah, yeah...been waiting until this day, that day. the day isn't going to come, i've realized that now. MJ would not have left his kids, and....clearly, they are not with him as they're still at Katherine's house (well, really MJ's house because he paid for that too). There is no BAM moment anymore. There is not 'wait for his return'. it ain't gonna happen. I did think it was a hoax, that he had left the country with his children. But, he hasn't and he didn't. and he died.

Solace for me is knowing there is no one who can hurt him anymore. That gives me a sense of peace.

The world lost a brillant entertainer, the best of the best, a true humanitarian who gave more and did more to help others than any other. Too bad this country treated him so badly, without ANY consideration of this man and what he went through. All the bogus BS lies, unbelievable allegations, who could live through that, the ridicule, the media (never wanting to tell the truth).

I sat through that trial every day. I know the truth. I saw the evidence, lack there of. I saw the scams, the lies...the entire court room did too.

Everyone should be ashamed. OMG, how did this happen. No one could have lived through it and he tried, he damn well tried to overcome and move through it.

A horrible, horrible, ending. Just unbelievable!