Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

3/24/2010 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Joe Jackson will send Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer a notice next week that he will be filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the doc for the death of Michael Jackson.

Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Lawsuit

According to California law, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice, wrongful death suit must give 90 days notice before filing the case in court.

Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson's lawyer, tells TMZ the suit will ask punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship). It will seek an unspecified amount of money damages.

Oxman says the case will be filed in L.A. County Superior Court. So far, only Joe has signed up, but Oxman says he will add any family member who wants in as a plaintiff.

UPDATE: Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, just reacted to Oxman's move by saying, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

doc murry

good point missy

WillOTheWisp

Well said. Joe Jackson was hard on his sons like most black fathers (if they were in the homes)during the late 60's & 70's. My father didn't take any mess from us (10 kids). None of my seven brothers every got into trouble..they played sports and were very active in social and activist activities within our community. EVERY last one of us turn out to productive citizens (never in trouble with the law) and most of us own our own businesses now.

Michael remindes me of me (youngest). I couldn't stand getting whippings(very sensitive). And because of how I saw and believed in things, I rarely every got any.

I wish more fathers (black or white) would take control of thier little juvenile delinquents so we wouldn't have so much crime on the streets. We need more Joe jacksons! LOL

Peace and Blessings

Posted at 4:25PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Dahillzig

I hear you! There was 9 of us; 5 boys and 4 girls. However, it was our mother who didn't take any crap, seeing that she was a stay at home mom at the time. Man, we couldn't even say "darn" without getting our mouth washed out or conked on the head with a hair brush. Then she’d squeal on whoever was acting up that day when dad got home. We’d put books in the back of our pants whenever dad would try and whip us, and all he could do was laugh when he saw our square butts.
I can honestly say that every spanking I ever got I truly deserved. Each one of us kids turned out pretty good.

JB

All you MJ and JJ haters, the Jackson family is saying F@@K all of ya and KISS where the sun don't shine. We could care less what you think of us or about your 2cents. On behalf of the Jackson Family --I'm out. LOL!

Dahillzig

101. Posted at 4:25PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Dahillzig

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/7#comments#ixzz0j7zTDbEl

Agree.. I guess that's why these kids are teen brats with no morals or respect for anyone and end up in trouble!

Posted at 4:29PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Elle

Elle-
I saw on the news last night and several other tv shows, teen violence has spiraled out of control!

Teenagers between the ages of 13- 17yrs old are beating each other up, committing suicide, and killing each other every other day!

If any of the posters/haters on this site have any kids, maybe they should "REALLY" take the time and focus on thier children, unstead of commenting on MJ's family and calling him names.

We really don't want any of your children growing up to be "pedophile-little boy grabbing, freak-face looking, non-talented idiots" now do we!! LOL!

Peace and Blessings

Inquiring Mind

Posted at 4:52PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Dahillzig

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/8#comments#ixzz0j8641xn9

Right... Haters onhere are probably miserable people anyway!

butch

Joe Jackson is a POS and doesn't deserve a penny. I hope he loses. Any money awarded from a suit against the doctor should go to the creditors first, and the children's trust second. The whole Jackson trashy clan are blood sucking leaches still trying to live off the money of a dead man.

lynn

I wonder what other attempts Joe will make to make some easy money now that he can't sponge off Michael anymore.

Dahillzig

Posted at 4:49PM on Mar 24th 2010 by WillOTheWisp

LOL! I remember the book thing!..LOL.
But I really had to think about "every spanking I got I deserved....well I did! LMAO!! Thanks for reminding me!!!

Peace and Blessings..Still laughing!

PolarBear

I'm not dead, so how can anyone get angry at Conrad Murray for killing me if I'm not dead. I'm in Fiji and I'm having a great time. No more music business, no more stupid family business, no more freaky doctors ripping off money, no more parasites and weird fans. I can just walk on the beach and I'm a nobody, totally free, and it's like nothing else. Finally, I'm beyond money.

Duh

85. Hi Deb,

OhWell is very busy and distracted....

GO GET THE GOLDFISH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have already put the pot on the fire.......

Posted at 3:58PM on Mar 24th 2010 by susie

87. Noooooo!

Posted at 4:00PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Ohwell

Yes, Susie, yes! Make sure that water is boiling hot - I am trying to get her but she is a slippery little thing!

OhWell, you broke my heart....

Joy

Joe to the Doc: You killed my meal ticket!

maizieful

I support Joe Jackson. Whatever happened in MJ's childhood is over and I believe Joe loves his son and is deeply saddened and grieving over what happened..I think Michael forgave his father and Joe has known all along something went suspiciously and criminally wrong in his son's death. I hope and pray the real truth is revealed. It is terrible and very sad...

Linda Lovelest

IMO no other Jackson family member will jump on this bandwagon. Either one of two things is happening here.

(1. Joe is aware that Michael Jackson is alive, is throwing caution to the wind, and is going to go ahead and try to commit fraud by accessing additional income through a wrongful death suit against Conrad Murray because the MJFT, Michael and his family are not giving into his demands for more money as he tried to do with Michael Jackson while he was still "alive" prior to his "death". At last supposed report the MJFT granted Joe's request for the $15,000. a month allowance but for Joe Jackson that is not good enough.

OR....

(2. Joe actually is the only family member who doesn't know that Michael Jackson is not dead.

I place my bet on scenario #1.

fly on the wall

Joe Jackson did not make Michael into a star; MJ had natural talent! Joe Jackson dragged a small child through strip clubs and prostitutes at nights for one reason only: JOE JACKSON! He never sought help for MJ when his chronic insomnia started and he still mhad control over him, for one reason only: JOE JACKSON and his wife's desire to keep the money train rolling despite MJ's obvious problems! Joe Jackson cannot fool the world; We know him too well - a child-abusing, illiterate, money grubbing ass!

clara

Good since the law gave him a slap on the wrist for killing M.J I HOPE THEY GO AFTER HIM FULL FORCE HE NEEDS TO PAY ONE WAY OR OTHER