Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

3/24/2010 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Joe Jackson will send Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer a notice next week that he will be filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the doc for the death of Michael Jackson.

Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Lawsuit

According to California law, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice, wrongful death suit must give 90 days notice before filing the case in court.

Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson's lawyer, tells TMZ the suit will ask punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship). It will seek an unspecified amount of money damages.

Oxman says the case will be filed in L.A. County Superior Court. So far, only Joe has signed up, but Oxman says he will add any family member who wants in as a plaintiff.

UPDATE: Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, just reacted to Oxman's move by saying, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

meli070

113. Joe Jackson is a POS and doesn't deserve a penny. I hope he loses. Any money awarded from a suit against the doctor should go to the creditors first, and the children's trust second. The whole Jackson trashy clan are blood sucking leaches still trying to live off the money of a dead man.

Posted at 5:01PM on Mar 24th 2010 by PAM

WOW! WHY R U SO JUDGEMENTAL? do you know this family personally? PAM, when your day of judgement comes, how will you fare? by your mentality I'll guess not so well.

AJ

I'll sign my name to that lawsuit Joe!!!

PolarBear

How can it be called "Wrongful Death" when he was KILLED DEAD QUITE PROPERLY?

I am the Grim Reaper and I am available to testify that Michael Jackson was killed deliberately, skillfully, absolutely and he ain't getting off easy at this point. Screw you, you whiners!

Linda Lovelest

There are no new "revelations" "allegations" coming to light over the past few days. All of that information has been out here for 8 months. The revelations about the Propofol hidden in the closet has been out here since June 27th when Conrad Murray told LAPD that that is where they could find it...where he always stored it.

lisalisa49

Well of course Joe Jackson wants to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Did you think for a second that he is going to miss out on Michael's $$$$? Michael left Joe out of the will- Michael did not want Joe to have any of his money. I think Michael's kids should be filing the lawsuit. Joe Jackson should not be profiting off Michael!!!

astabasta

130. Check this gif!

A proof that THE King of Pop and his wife Lisa was in looooooove!

Michael touch himself on live during a interview with Diane Sawyer!

Looks his eyes for Lisa! Love L.O.V.E

[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/110g5fq.gif[/img]

Posted at 5:47PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Cheyenne

OMG, LOL, who made THAT???
I couldn´t stop lookin´...

Linda Lovelest

Posted at 3:40PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Lou
____________________

I'm anxiously awaiting the day that TMZ reports that Catfish was found bellyup in one of his whores beds.

Darlene

Thats like MJ's dad, wanting money!!!!!! And using his death to get it!

Daphne Lorincz

106. 76. For whatever reason Joe Jackson is doing this is fine by me. Being aware of Joe’s character somewhat, I believe money definitely plays a part but I honestly think he’s hurting at the loss of his son and likely for the heartfelt sorrow it has caused his family and Michael’s children (his grandchildren). I dunno – in the court pictures back in 2003, you see Joe shadowing Michael in most pictures, and normally with his hand on Michael for (moral) support. Despite the past, I believe Michael loved his father and re-accepted him into his life, even if it was at arm’s length. The Jacksons value and preserve their family bond.

Posted at 3:36PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Em

I agree with u. This was his son, of course, he wants justice. Despite all the negative things about JJ, I honestly believe he wants to know what had happened to his son. I support him. What the heck, give it a try. I think all doctors took out insurance with the medical board to cover lawsuits, malpractice etc. But of course, bear in mind, the medical board has powerful lawyers. On another note, someone is missing. We used to have a lady by the name of cathy something, with a bunch of numbers behind her cathy name. Looking forward to reading her posts. She usually posts detailed informative posts. Maybe she could give us some insight. I don't remember her long nic name. If u know which one I mean. Would be nice to hear from her opinion. Justice for Michael.

Daphne Lorincz

131. 79. Go back or stay in Vegas (really don't know where you are and really don't care), get a prostitute who can make some money for you. You would make a great pimp.

Posted at 3:40PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Lou

Posted at 5:57PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Tellit

Actually, I don't understand why so many posters called JJ Catfish. Like what's a catfish. In what way, JJ is related to catfish. Like I don't get it. But I laugh every time he's called a catfish.

Claire

Hey did anyone see TMZ live yesterday? There was something about the securty tapes? The video wont play for me it keeps stiopping like a scratched disk??

Linda Lovelest

95. HANG THIS "Doctor" for killing him is a waste of the tax payer's money and time! MJ was on a downward spiral that people have been predicting for YEARS!
So STOP TRYING TO MAKE A SCAPE GOAT OUT OF THIS CARIBBEAN WITCH DOCTOR!
There are PLENTY of ways and means that WACKO CRACKO JACKO would have gotten what he wanted, and he had the $$$ to make it happen!

Posted at 4:16PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Gay Guys Rule
_________________________

I'm with you 100% on this! LOL and "Caribbean Witch Doctor"...that is rich!

jackie

Joe could not get money from Michael's estate now he is showing what a lowlife he is by sueing Dr. mirry. I believe Murry is responsible for Michaels death but what ever money comes out of this should go to the kids not to Joe. Michael made it clear Joe does not get anything. Move on Joe and stop making yourselflook like the idiot you are...

susie

@122

Well said, Tellit!

I agree with your first assumption and the second makes me ...roflmao!!!!!

Joe is a lobotomized man.