Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

3/24/2010 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Joe Jackson will send Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer a notice next week that he will be filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the doc for the death of Michael Jackson.

Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Lawsuit

According to California law, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice, wrongful death suit must give 90 days notice before filing the case in court.

Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson's lawyer, tells TMZ the suit will ask punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship). It will seek an unspecified amount of money damages.

Oxman says the case will be filed in L.A. County Superior Court. So far, only Joe has signed up, but Oxman says he will add any family member who wants in as a plaintiff.

UPDATE: Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, just reacted to Oxman's move by saying, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

cathclassica87

Good for Joe Jackson. He'll never get any money out of Murray (and he probably realizes that), but at least he (and maybe other members of the family) can make a statement if they win a civil case against the "doctor". Michael's death was a wrongful death, and Murray contributed to it significantly due to his horrible, careless judgment.

As for the picture of Joe and Jesse Jackson laughing the day after Michael died, I think people are being very judgmental of one photo when they have absolutely zero idea of what kind of conversation was happening when that photo was snapped. So he was laughing, so what? My mother lost her brother last year who was in his early 60s. She was devastated. Outside the funeral home, we were standing together and laughing as we talked about something that we wanted to tell him - something that he would have gotten a kick out of because he had a great sense of humor. If someone had snapped my mom's pic at that moment I guess ya'll would've thought she was a horrible sister who didn't love her brother. Of course that assumption would have been world's away from the actual truth of the moment.

SashaPanda

janalal4

179. Question Janalal,

How is it possible that MJ died with his eyes open if he was under anesthesia? Could you explain the possibilities here?

Posted at 8:36PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Chico

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/12#c26541217#ixzz0j90mImRy

I don't think he died with his eyes open. I know Murray is a big doofus but he probably did what any med. prof. would have done had they found an unresponsive patient. He probably pulled the eyelids back. I would have used a penlight to check the pupillary response but of course thats AFTER initiating CPR to say the least. I'm thinking Murray was probably panicing. Probably just walked into the room & couldn't believe what he was seeing & reached up & pulled MJ's lids open. I'd be surprised if this quack even had a penlight with him:(

Linda Lovelest

178. Joe Catfish

Posted at 8:33PM on Mar 24th 2010 by OhWell
________________

Way Cool OhWell!! LOL

But Joe Jackson looks exactly like the real mccoy!

thnx for the cartoon...cute cute.

janalal4

181. Look People! At The End Of The Day, Joe Jackson Is Michael Jacksons Father! All Right? And All Michael Fans Should Know That Joe Would Do Anything For His Children! And If None Of You Can Accept That, So Help Me God! Good Luck To You! Joe Jackson, You Are Amazing! Go Joe! Go Joe! GO JOE!

Posted at 8:50PM on Mar 24th 2010 by SashaPanda

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/13#c26541835#ixzz0j94BV2dB

I'm 'hearing' what your saying & your right to a certain extent. MJ himself has even said that it was the things Joe did, the way he 'managed' the J5 that got them recognized to begin with. MJ was asked, "Would you have changed the 'sad' parts of your childhood if it meant that you wouldn't have achieved the level of success or fame that you did"? MJ's response was "No". And yes, Joe was raised in a very stern, strict manner by his own father as well. It was afterall a very different time then. Of course there are 'reasons' for why Joe did the things he did, it doesn't make it right of course but after reading some of the books I've read lately, I do believe that MJ came to a certain 'forgiveness' for his father. This seems to have happened within the last 6 years or so, particularly after MJ had his own children & we all know the will was from 2002 so maybe MJ WOULD have included his father had he had the opportunity to update it. I can't answer those questions but I do know that Joe didn't want fame JUST for his boys sake, there always seemed to be 'something in it for Joe'. Joe's own dreams of fame were squashed so I definitely believed he sought fame vicariously thru his children. There just seems to be so much resentment against Joe because MJ also acknowledges that he believes he honed his craft & worked so hard to please an audience because he was seeking the love & unconditional acceptance he never received from his father & that is just soooooooo sad.

susie

Tellit, same stuff and few interesting things.

I'll tell you tomorrow.

Shmuley was questioned on MJ death and his answer was:
"Michael was a man and men die" What???? rofl

Have a nice evening.

HumanNature

You go Joe Jackson!!!!

I'm 100% with you on the lawsuit!!!

Give them HELL!!!

JUSTICE FOR "THE KING OF MUSIC"

Linda

The Jackson family should come together as a whole and sue him for thier lose. After all evryone in the family suffered from this loss. Joe shouldnt be the only one entiled. If MJ wouldnt of hired a doctor to give him this medicine he would still be here. He has been doing this drug off and on for years. The dangers of this drug findly happened.I dont feel Murray murdered him but he should have never gotten involved with MJ once he told him what he wanted. I think the money overlooked the risk.And now he will pay for many years.

susie

Nice evening to Deb, OhWell and the creepy cooked Goldfish.

MJFAN

Posted at 9:03PM on Mar 24th 2010 by janalal4

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/13#comments#ixzz0j9BQc7Kv

Janalal4

Thanks for pointing that out! it made me think differently about his dad...can you please tell me what books you have read? I am very interested in reading...

thanks so much!
MAY there be justice for MJ!!
Always on my mind MJ

K

Go for it Jo, then after he gets out of prison any money he makes from interviews, and 'my injecting time with the king of pop' books, will have to be used to pay off civil cases.

K