Merlin Olsen's Wife - You Killed My Husband

3/26/2010 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Merlin OlsenMerlin Olsen's wife has amended the lawsuit she and Merlin filed while he was alive, claiming NBC Studios, 20th Century Fox Film Corp., Sherwin Williams and others cost the former Los Angeles Rams star his life.

Olsen and his wife, Susan, previously sued 38 defendants, alleging they exposed the NFL Hall of Famer to Asbestos, allegedly causing him to develop mesothelioma, a rare form of cancer.

The asbestos exposure included stints doing construction work in high school and college, and later on TV and movie sets.

Olsen died earlier this month.

dee

Stacy - I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad to Mesothelioma in 1995 before there was the public outrage there is now. It's the most vicious and deadly form of cancer that was completely preventable. It can lay dormant in the body for 30+ years and can also attack family members who lived with the victim of the primary exposure. People who think this is a frivilous lawsuit are clueless. Merlin's wife is a hero.

dee

Hey Get Real, not everyone who smokes gets lung cancer and not everyone exposed to asbestos gets Mesothelioma. My dad was a set builder in the 1940's. Most likely that was where his exposure was.

THINK TANK

Should been removed years ago but the staff at many schools and colleges blow all the money on themselfs while placing everyone at risk.OSHA and press called many times and nothing gets done.DOA kids and high health care costs.I took down the asbestos coverup at one of my old school and was harrassed and run off again and agin and again.RIGHTWING NUT JOBS are now showing thier real side and people are pissed off at those whom have ripped and raped america blind.The health care deal is great is so is saving our banks OR broke and DOA for EVERYONE but those hidding thier cash in the china ecosystem

F. Attorneys

Grief counseling usually helps.

xcalibur

DUDE AS ONLY 69 WHEN HE DIES. THAT'S YOUNG. HE LOOKS A 100 IN THAT PIC. WHAT CANCER DOES TO YA, SAD!

Erinem

RIP Jonathan Garvey (AKA Merlin Olson), Dr. Baker (AKA Kevin Hagen), Rev. Alden (AKA Dabbs Greer) & of course Charles Ingalls (AKA Michael Landon).

w

to Stacy and the others who support Merlin's olsen's wife, RIGHT ON!! I agree 100% percent with what you all are saying, these companies DID know for years but choose not to disclose the information, God bless Merlin Olsen's wife, keep the fight up, dont let them get you down, No matter how long its been, they knew and they should pay.

Also R.I.P. Merlin Olsen, I only knew about you from the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode poking fun at Mitchell and I thought you were awesome in that movie, God Bless your soul Mr Olsen, you will be missed.

emerald

Sorry to have made to lengthy posts guys but you see when I originally posted the comment tmz didn't post want to post it!! Glad it got through eventually though!

Victoria Secret

Their claim is true and they should admit guilt.

buster

you peeps that dont understand this disease, just wont get it. the comments by the those ignorant to mesothelioma are understood. i didnt understand it until i was diagnosed 2yrs ago. we need to bring more awareness to this dreadful disease. thee breast,prostate,lukemias, and other cancers get more awareness, but meso., and other cancers alike diserve as much awareness as well.do some research before making comments on something your ignorant too. its not about the money, its about making those responsable pay for the lives they've destroyed!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2