« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

New York Yankees -- About to Get Rocked

3/27/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The New York Yankees better clear out some space in their jewelery boxes. TMZ has learned the team will be getting their World Series rings on April 13th when they play the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

We're told the design of the ring is being kept a secret -- but we can only imagine they'll be even more ridiculous than the 2000 rings, which included 22 major diamonds.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RonBurgundy

Y a n k e e s S u c k !!!!

JD Santini

You call this a STORY, TMZ? You guys are getting more and more desperate for news. This is one of your dumbest decisions yet. Are you not concerned with hurting your own brand by posting a non-story like this?!I'm embarrassed for whoever made this decision. The once mighty TMZ is falling fast...

phillatio

u sox fans complaining about arod and ped's..the sox of 2004 had about 50% on the juice
manny
big poppy
martinez
trot nixon
nomar
millar
and the rest of the idiots

UGGGGHHH

the roids of the yankees. That was the only way they won in the past.

a yankees fan

congratulations for two things:

1) getting the date wrong and then changing it to opening day but not noting that your original announcement was incorrect;
2) announcing something everyone who cares about knew already (ring day is opening day)

what an amazing scoop.

haha

What the hell does this have to do with celebrities?> NO ONE CARES and NO I am not a sox fan just someone sick of NY thinking they actually won a title when they bought it.

80 million more then any other team is why I won't go to a baseball team.

In My Own Words

To the TMZ staff that wrote this and the Yankee haters, screw you. I'm sure who wrote this was that fat Angels fan thats on tv. Yankees hadn't won a World Series in years but they did it in 2009. Jealous? Sounds like it to me. If it had been your team (which it wasn't) you'd be happy for them. Stop your bitching and moaning. Enough already. Geez... get a life and move on. And yes I'm a proud Yankee Fan.

greg

THE YANKEES WIN THEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEES WIN

George William Gockel

The guy has to be a Red Sox fan. I am a Yankees fan.

angie

clearly you guys are in LA but got ny df**** cupo your a** you never talk about other tea, other teams who dont buy their rings, suck it please

UGGGGHHH

THE FN YANKEES SUCK...........

Suck My Bronze.

Avatar should not be eligible to win any Academy Awards because their budget was bigger than any other movie.
However, I would be in favor of the movie with the second biggest budget winning.

George William Gockel

The Boston Red Sox suck. The New York Yankees are number one. I have 39 Yankees T-shirts,2 Yankees jerseys,2 Yankees jackets,2 Yankees caps,1 Yankees beanie hat,1 Yankees Santa Claus hat,1 Yankees cooler,1 Yankees bag,1 Yankees bottle,5 Yankees keychains,1 Yankees patch,1 Yankees baseball,1 Yankees bowl,1 copy of every issue of Yankees magazine,2 books about Old Yankee Stadium,3 Yankees pins,2 copies of the New Yankees 2010 regular season schedule,3 books about the New York Yankees,3 Yankees blankets,1 book about former Yankees manager Joe Torre,1 book about Derek Jeter,1 book about A-Rod,1 book about Roger Clemens,1 book about the the late Thurman Munson,1 book about Lou Gehrig,2 books about Yogi Berra,1 book about the late Mickey Mantle,1 book about Don Larsen,2 books about the late Babe Ruth, 1 book about Reggie and Bob Gisbson. I watch New York Yankees games on TV and I have Yankees games in movies. I saw both Yankees Stadiums on Monday,July 27th,2009,a few New York Yankees trading cards,1 Yankees mouse pad. I will take a take of New Yankee Stadium next year but not alone. I will go to my first New York Yankees gamne next season. And I am a member of the New York York Yankees fan club and I go on www.Yankees.com everyday.

angel

Keep being HATERS, it just say that your team SUCK!!!
YANKEES WIN, YANKEES WIN BAH HAH HAH HAH YANKEES WIN!!!
THE GREAT JOHN STERLING