Chaz Bono

Gender Reassignment Complete

3/29/2010 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a copy of court documents in which a doctor states he performed "an irreversible surgical procedure for the purpose of altering Chaz Bono's sex characteristics from female to male."

Chaz Bono

According to the docs, on September 23, 2009, Dr. Michael Brownstein performed the operation.

The specifics of the procedure are not outlined, but the Dr. says, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."

In the "Petition for Change of Name and Gender" filed with the court, Chaz asks for a legal change from female to male.

brenda

Lots of contempt in this thread against Chaz's wishes. Are the posters scared that Chaz has a now bigger swinging richard than them?

TMZ hits a new low

Ah, I hate to burst your religious bubble during Easter week of all things #5 Dunno What, but your stupidity is worth commenting on. There is a thing called an X chromosome. And there is a thing called a Y chromosome. All males have an X and a Y. All females have and X and an X. The male, not God, decides if a male or female child is to be conceived, depending on which of the male swimmers get through to fertilize the female egg first.

This is pure science, not pure church. Sometimes there can be chromosome problems and in my humble opinion, a person can be born into a female body but feel emotionally as if they should have received a male body. And vice versa. There may be some scientific explanantion along the lines of gender assignment during conception, and some gray areas in terms of how the person feels, but it's science.

God doesn't sit there in heaven and go: "Oh, yeah right, let me f**k with Chastity Bono in Cher's womb right now. I was meaning to do that. I will make her a pretty little blonde girl but then when she's about 30, I am going to make her think she's male. Check! Done. Off my to-do list."

Now that you've had Science for Dummies explained to you, are you still thinking that Satan's winning? Yeah, you probably are. You're name is "dunno what" and that says it all. Dunno nothing.

Lola

How sad. I just feel sadness and pity for that whole family.

Georgia

I have sympathy for Chaz Bono; also Cher's son by one of the Allman brothers. Both are mixed up about their sexuality and I
lay the blame at Cher's feet. How can a little girl grow up watching her mother's outlandish costumes and sexual gyrations and
stay normal. She probably thought the way her mother dressed and acted was the way she had to be if she wanted to be a woman. She knew she wouldn't be comfortable looking and acting that way; so she decided she must be a man born into the wrong body. As for the Allman boy, he had the normal feelings of a boy but when he possibly was attracted to his sexy mother, it scared the hell out of him. From what I've read, he likes to dress and act like a woman. A good resolution to his mother/son dilemma is to become like his mother by becoming a woman. No charge for my analysis.

deb

Good for him. I wish we good all be WHO we really wanted to be.

Kooky Fan

HOPE HE/SHE IS HAPPY. SEEMS LIKE A NICE PERSON

OOWEEE

CAN CHAZ BUY CHEEZE???? CONSUMER RACIAL PROFILING.....SHOPPING WHILE BROWN........Shame on you CEO Scot Schnucks for consumer racial profiling brown shoppers.

Cuswah

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand why someone would want/choose to do this. I'm obviously missing something. As an educated GAY male, I would never dream of, or want to for that matter, to change my gender to male. I love my male body. Hope he finds happiness. Please remember that there truly is a God. Seek his help.

keishalee98

ANYBODY WHO CHANGES THEIR GENDER NEEDS TO ASK GOD FOR FORGIVENESS BECAUSE GOD MADE THEM THE WAY HE WANTED THEM TO BE. THIS INDIVIDUAL WAS BORN A GIRL AND SHOULD HAVE STAYED A GIRL. EVERYBODY WHO SAYS THIS IS DUE TO A BIRTH DEFECT OR THEY WERE BORN WITH A PROBLEM IN THE BRAIN REALLY BETTER THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE SAYING BECAUSE THEY ALL WILL STAND BEFORE GOD AND ANSWER FOR SAYING THESE THINGS AND MAKING OTHERS BELIEVE IT TOO. HATE TO BURST YOUR SO CALLED CRAZY BUBBLE BUT YOU WERE NOT BORN LIKE THIS OR BORN WITH A BIRTH DEFECT. THINGS IN OUR ENVIRONMENT IS WHAT'S MAKING INDIVIDUALS ACT OUT AND SUFFER FROM SICKNESS. GOD DON'T MAKE MISTAKES. HUMAN BEINGS MAKE MISTAKES AND THIS IS A BIG MISTAKE FOR SOMEONE TO DO. DON'T HATE YOU AS A HUMAN BEING CANNOT STAND THE ONES WHO HAVE MADE YOU BELIEVE THIS WAY. CANNOT BLAME THIS ON BEING BORN WITH IT, IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO DO THIS OR SOMEONE ELSES CHOICE FOR YOU, OR YOU HAVE BEEN INFLUENCED TO BELIEVE ITS ALRIGHT TO DO. HOPE THESE INDIVIDUALS ASK FOR FORGIVENESS FROM GOD BEFORE THEIR JUDGMENT DAY COMES FROM GOD. HAVE A COPY OF THIS.

Cindy

perhaps Chasity was an inter-sex baby.(has both female/male sex organs) and decided to get one or the other CUT OFF! maybe thats Shiloh Pitts deal also. Discovery Channel did a show on that 2 weeks ago..look it up. just sayin.....

Martin

I'm looking forward to the TMZ coverage when Chaz joins the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
as a guy wearing a dress.

C'mon Chaz,.... be a sport...

Mark

I do not see where any of this is the public's business.The only thing that matters is Chaz.
As long as he is at peace with his decision, then who is anyone of us to judge it.
I know i could never understand being born in the wrong body, I love being female. I imagine what would matter to me is that my family even thought they may not agree, but they support my decisions, and accept me for who i am. I think that is all that should matter.
Not some sleezy rag website writing a story to push viewers to read. TMZ..You have gone low before, but i think this is the lowest. Let Chaz live in peace.

Rialbned

Chaz may not know this yet, but fat guys don't get chicks! Unless you have money. Oh ya, he has money, even he will get the girls and the girls can say it's not about the money, it's just he so easy to relate to. It's almost like he was there girl friend.

Darlene

Its a shame this happens!! But I hope shes @ peace with herself & happy!

HenryO

An embarrassment to Latinos everywhere. Pathetic. Also, TMZ always goes easy on the homos like Cher's daughter and tries to eat people like Carrie Prejean alive. TMX sucks and so does harvey - in more ways than one