Chaz Bono

Gender Reassignment Complete

3/29/2010 6:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a copy of court documents in which a doctor states he performed "an irreversible surgical procedure for the purpose of altering Chaz Bono's sex characteristics from female to male."

Chaz Bono

According to the docs, on September 23, 2009, Dr. Michael Brownstein performed the operation.

The specifics of the procedure are not outlined, but the Dr. says, "Chaz Bono has completed his gender reassignment surgery."

In the "Petition for Change of Name and Gender" filed with the court, Chaz asks for a legal change from female to male.

Zander

Thats my doctor :) Congrats Chaz

Zander

Im transgender and noone in my entire life abused me, I've had a great life growing up. So the whole "abused as a child" story doesnt apply to all.

Anita

FREAK!!!!!!

Chiara

To each his (or her) own, but my question is this: why would the surgery be irreversible? One would think that going backwards (removing something) would be easier than *adding* a body part, no?

He's just another Idiot

Who Paid for all of this surgery?? I bet Sonny is rolling over in his grave.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, if it makes Chaz a happier human, so be it, I guess he will become a heir now to Chers fortune!

Pistol

Congratulations, Chaz.

SL

So...When does the reality show come out??????

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

Chaz really needs to put as much focus on gettin into shape, slowly and with close Doctor supervision,r he won't live to enjoy the fruits of his labour, ur arteries r burstin with plaque my dear boy, get ur GP to refer u to a cardiologist STAT! seriously!! good luck!

Bettsie

To No.25 I so agree with you. Also tmz is not the site to look for people who will be kind or have any compassion. Talking and making fun of people sells papers and that's what their all about.

www.laduidefenseteam.com

I thought this was already a done deal? Even if people will be calling him/her Chastity for the rest of his/her life.

Bobertbobert

Let's pretend, I'll pretend you're a man and I'll pretend to be a woman; what could go wrong? What's that?, you hate women? Too bad that surgeon couldn't change your DNA and give you a man's brain along with his testerone. Gee, now you get to shave every day. Now what you need is a man who's changed into a woman. Just joking. STAY OUT OF MY RESTROOM!

Su

I say to each his own. It's not hurting any of you, so why the nasty comments? I believe some people are just born in the wrong bodies. If he is happier this way, then so be it. No one should judge.

PS I think it was very sweet that he took his fathers name Salvatore, as his middle name.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

HAHAHAHA @ Bobertbobert, nothing against Chaz, just a veeery funny !

Georgia

To Summer, #65

You misunderstood my words. I was talking about Chaz as a child and perhaps a preteen while she was trying to understand what it meant to be a woman. She knew she could never be as sexually alluring and flirtatious as her mother who was her example of womanhood. Instead of realizing she could be a woman without having to be as sexy as her mother, she probably began to think she didn't have any feminine qualities. I realize Chaz never dressed like Cher or tried to be Cher. She knew early on she couldn't possibly be like her. How many girls could be like her? Cher is and was unique. I know Chaz was active in the gay community when she was older and that Cher accepted this after initially being upset. Children get clues about their sexual roles from their parents. It had to be very confusing for Cher's children. I say this even though I always liked Cher and enjoyed her performances. I believe she's a good hearted and fun type of human being but perhaps it would have been better if she hadn't had children.