Michael Jackson Bodyguard Fired

3/29/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alberto AlvarezTMZ has learned the bodyguard who says Dr. Conrad Murray asked him to help hide Propofol in Michael Jackson's house the day he died was fired from his job Friday by the Jackson family.

Alvarez had been working at the Jackson family compound in Encino since the singer died last June.

Alberto Alvarez is the bodyguard who called 911 from Jackson's house. Last week it was reported that Alvarez told LAPD detectives ... that before paramedics arrived on scene Dr. Murray asked him to put bottles of Propofol in a bag.

Alvarez -- who is sometimes referred to as Jackson's "logistics director" -- did not tell detectives about the alleged cover-up the day Jackson died, but rather two months later. The story about the alleged cover-up broke last Monday.

As for why Alvarez was fired, the Jackson family isn't talking.

mjjfan50

6. Maybe I am one of the few people out there who doesn't glorify Jackson, but I really think that the doctor wasn't hiding things to cover his butt, I think he was hiding stuff to cover for Mj's drug use. I think he was trying to protect MJ's "reputation" in death.

Posted at 1:03PM on Mar 29th 2010 by Marissa

______________________________________________________________

To some extent, I agree. I'm guessing since Alvarez told the police two months after the fact what he witnessed in the room (coinciding with what CM told them), I'm sure he relayed this same version of events to the family as well since he has been working with them for the past nine months.

Chico

Well, I just watched TMZ Live and it was pretty depressing. For those of you who didn't watch here were the low points:

1. When asked why Alvarez was fired, Harvey refused to answer. (Later, he said he was sure that the bodyguard's firing had nothing to do with the stun gun incident.)

2. Harvey stated that he would not be surprised if Murray lost his case, or if he won. He said it could go either way. Why? Downside is that Murray didn't tell the EMT's/UCLA/LAPD that he administered propofol to MJ. Reasoning: He said he didn't think it would kill MJ. (OMG!) Upside (for Murray) is that Murray did tell the police where the hidden bottles of propofol were the Saturday following MJ's death, whereby LAPD got a warrant and found the bottles. (Don't shoot the messenger...)

In addition, Harvey said that MJ was a known propofol addict. That he had doctor shopped around L.A. to the point that doctors did not want to deal with him, AND that he had been using propofol for 60 days prior to death. According to Harvey, this will all work in favor of Murray. Harvey also stated that there was a chance for a plea deal, but he felt LADA would not want that, because people will go crazy if Murray does something like 4 months in jail.

3. On the lighter side (no pun intended), Harvey did say that it was well established that MJ had vitiligo, and the bleaching creams were there to smooth out the vitiligo.

pia

Who cares reads a wonder...where did you go? Still on the edge of my seat.

I still love him more

mjjfan50

203. Daphne,

Grace rubs me the wrong way. Some of the stuff she has been quoted as saying I believe to be true, even though she denies it. Not one word out of her mouth prior to MJ's death, but a lot after. I'd like to repeat a lot more information, but I won't. I don't think Grace has the best interests of those children at heart.

Posted at 10:27PM on Mar 29th 2010 by Chico

___________________________________________________________

I actually believe some of the things Grace has said as well, especially from her interview with Daphne B. She talked about Katherine calling and asking "where's the money" and that coincide with what Latoya said about her and the mom looking for MJ's supposed millions of dollars stashed somewhere in the home. she mentioned quite a bit of stuff, and subsequently tried to backtrack and claim she never said this and that, BUT the interview was recorded and small bits were on youtube.

I think she initially talked because she was no longer employed, wasn't in the country, and did not think she had a future with the kids, but things have since changed.

tone

I have never believed the Propofol story. It just seemed so far fetched. If I am wrong well I am just another person with an opinion. But if I am right, I think the world owes Dr. Murray any apology for the emotional suffering that he has gone through. Did MJ have a fatal illness or did he OD? Those are the only two causes that make sense. My gut feeling was that Dr. Murray was an honest man.

Chico

Tone,

Not sure how you have come to your observation of Murray and MJ. The autopsy report states acute propofol intoxication as the cause of death. Murray was greedy and left his medical (and personal) ethics at the door when he continued to give MJ propofol. Nobody owes Murray an apology, but he certainly, AT THE VERY LEAST, owes the Jackson family one.

Kazzar

Conrad is a bloody Doctor...he should answer for the death of his patient what ever anyone elses opinion of Michael Jackson is. Would you want a Doctor like that looking after you and your family...NO WAY.

tone

My first impression formed with the first you tube video. It was difficult because the media accused Murray of murder. Believe me I had conflicting feelings. Dr. Murray did not seemed like a stone faced, manipulative psychopath. But without having the facts, I did not want to come to any conclusion about him.

The article "Why apologize I did nothing wrong" implies to me that he is defending himself but not very well. A master of manipulation would come back with a different response.

Another reason is my experience with the media. The media has been known to put out outrageous stories therefore if it is anything of important I feel a need to do my own research.
In fact, with research I have discovered that usually the complete opposite of what the media (supplied by certain sources) is true.

Daphne Lorincz

Posted at 11:58PM on Mar 29th 2010 by mjjfan50

So, what happened to the millions? Does anyone know? I just know that Tohme returned the $5.5 million to the estates. Is that what it is?

Chico

Daphne,

Some people believe Tohme took it, but then a forensic accountant came in and Tohme got scared so he gave it back.

Other people believe Grace got the money...but I think that's doubtful since she was nowhere near Carolwood at the time of MJ's death.

Others believe that the money along with security tapes were taken by NOI, or various other shady people that had to do with MJ.

Daphne Lorincz

Posted at 12:07AM on Mar 30th 2010 by tone

He apparently admitted to the police that he gave MJ profofol & he had sent profofol to his girl friend's place. He OD MJ and this is my opinion.

Daphne Lorincz

Posted at 1:08AM on Mar 30th 2010 by Chico

I heard that Grace & Tohme are associated with the NOI. Seriously, I read somewhere in Calgary that she is now living in Beverly Hills. Wonder how she could afford a place in Beverly Hills unless her second husband is very wealthy. I heard that $3 million could only get u a little bungalow there.

tone

Daphne Lorincz

221. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/jackson-drama-conrad-murrays-defense-attorney-speaks/1534927590

Be patient- it's after a brief commercial.

Posted at 1:18AM on Mar 30th 2010 by tone

Looks like his legal team consists of 5 lawyers. Wonder how/where he got the money to pay for his defence.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/29/michael-jackson-bodyguard-family-fire-dismissed-propofol-coverup-dr-conrad-murray/15#c26680764#ixzz0jdOeyiVJ

tone

Posted at 1:23AM on Mar 30th 2010 by Daphne Lorincz
------------------

Who is Dr. Murray's benefactor? Good question.