Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

they actually weren't bad

doesn't matter. i still think he's yummy. way to go ricky, live your life on your terms.

MollyMaiden

whoooop tee doo now the big wait is on for Ryan Seacrest

lulu

I think Ricky was the last one to get the memo.

Foody

He's no homo...he just "likes sex....hot ass-thumping sex." (Strangers with Candy)

yup

What sayeth you, Ryan Seacrest?

christian saar

I think it's rude of people to say "We already knew" and "not a surprise." How insensitive can someone be to step in the shoes of someone else's life that they have no idea of what it's like; they have no business. Yes homosexuality is definitely more accepted now days than it has been in the past, however it is a scary thing to publicly announce you're gay, especially if you are someone in the public eye. It really marks how good of a heart Mr. Martin has to be open with his sexuality now. It takes true good character to be yourself in the extremely judgmental world we live in. I admire him with the utmost respect. Being a gay man myself, I empathize how difficult the choice might have been. As Ray Bradbury said "Jump, and you will find out how to unfold your wings as you fall."

LeoLaywer

OMFG DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH!!!!

Now...when will Shemar Moore come out???? That brotha is fine as hell but we all know he's got major sugar in that tank. Our loss. A man's gain.

Greg

And to think all this time he was singing with bruised tonsils. That's impressive.

Todd

Obviously the bookings have dried up.

Ricky wants to be straight so much his highlights hurt.

Too little, too late.

Kelly

I know he denied it before but I don't hold that against him. Coming out to the public seems like a tough thing to do. Actually it's no one's business but his own and it's too bad celebrities have to make these statements.

RMM

DUH!!!!

kellygirl

Everyone already knew, they saw him and lived near him but he still kept up the lie. There were many stories about him and his reaction was horrified. Be true to thy self.

Mike

This is like saying "News Alert: The Pope is Catholic!"

Sorry Ricky, it's been pretty obvious all along. No straight guy would even attempt to move around on stage like you did lol. The question is, are you a pitcher or catcher? I say catcher.

MARKI

WHO GIVES A S--T! JUST SHUT UP ABOUT IT!

Marc

In other news, scientists have discovered that cigarettes are hazardous to your health.