Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

Kazzar

Oh Ricky your so fine...your so fine you blow my mind..Hey Rickey!!!!......Hey Rickey!!!!!!

We all knew (its so obvious) but your still a 100% red hot mind blowing, hip swaying sex god.

Good luck to you and your family.

Harvey

You people are all excited by this...are you excited about ur OWN sexuality...yEAAAA let's celebrate being what we are....yeaaaaa....none these comments make any sense...for the record I HAD NO IDEA...guess because women are HOT...

jerry burger

ih god get over your self's boys and girls!!

KEVIN

I DONT BELIEVE IT.........CAUSAE IT AINT TRUE

HE LIKE WOMEN

HeknowswhoIam

Ricky was spoiled growing up in hotel rooms with tutors and hardly any supervision. At 15 it was a life of drugs and sex parties...and one unwilling participant I know...

Just because someone is an "artist" and I admit done good deeds (to coverup many indiscretions) and has a public persona of being a nice person...doesn't mean he is...or someone who should be revered.

Congrats to him finally coming out before that unwilling participant writes their own book!!!

Jonna

190. RM is a sick man. Gross. Read what I found:
Anal intercourse is the sine qua non of sex for many gay men. Yet human physiology makes it clear that the body was not designed to accommodate this activity. The anus is a delicate mechanism of small muscles that comprise an "exit-only" passage. Anal intercourse leads to leakage of fecal material that can easily become chronic. The list of diseases found with extraordinary frequency among male homosexual practitioners as a result of anal intercourse is alarming:

Anal Cancer
Chlamydia trachomatis
Cryptosporidium
Giardia lamblia
Herpes simplex virus
Human immunodeficiency virus
Human papilloma virus
Isospora belli
Microsporidia
Gonorrhea
Viral hepatitis types B & C
Syphilis25

Sexual transmission of some of these diseases is so rare in the exclusively heterosexual population as to be virtually unknown.

___________________________________
What the f are you talking about, straight people have all these ...AND...there having plenty of anal sex too!

dana bryan

Congrats, Ricky-- NOW is only Tyler Perry would come out publicly-- but he's afraid of offending his religious family and losing some of his fans... oh, well, truth will prevail in the end....

Mike

dugh.....................................!

King of TMZ

The List goes on:
- Tyrese Gibson
- Reggie Bush
- Ryan Seacrest
- Enrique Iglesias
- Tyson Beckford
...

Raejean

The world already knew; what kept you from confirming it?

Marisa

It was known long time ago but I'm glad you finally told the truth, Ricky.

TheAmishRabbi

LOL …Ricky Martin has ”revealed” that he is gay?

Newsflash … EVERYONE on the entire planet
ALREADY KNEW that Ricky Martin was gay.

Much like the "revelation" by Clay Aiken,
Rosie O'Donnel and Ellen Degeneres --
the only people "ever shocked" by these
"closet-exitings" are the "exiters" themselves.

Oh wait ... here's another Newsflash ... 'In a related
story … deeply inspired by Mr. Martin’s ‘courage’
and speaking from his headquarters at the Vatican
… the Pope has bravely announced to the world
that he is, in fact (as many of his most loyal fans
and others have long suspected) -- a Catholic'.

LOL …. “revealed” … LOL …. “revealed” …

Well … anyway .. this ‘announcement’ is probably
gonna become really BIG news -- 10 years ago.

John Edwards

Seriously, does anyone even have to ask? He couldn't lay straight in bed. How come gays need a parade? Should gays be raising kids? Just my opinion, I don't think it is a good envirement for them.

dartino

Good on you Ricky. You can only be happy if you live a life that makes sense to you. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense to other people it's not their life.

all the best

Leslie

This is like when clay aiken or adam lambert came out. This is so anti-climatic. If anyone is shocked that Martin is gay, then they've been living in a cave for 20 years. This is the least shocking gay announcement ever. The gay rumors about him have been floating around for years. And I think, with a lot of these celebrity gay rumors, often where there is smoke there is fire. I have heard gay rumors about queen latifah and anderson cooper for years. I wonder if they'll ever come out of the closet. I can't believe it's 2010 and people are still hiding in the closet especially all these congressmen. It's so awful that they feel compelled to live a lie when most folks except for maybe the far right could care less about sexual orientation. Most of the time, these gay celebs come out years after we, the general public, figured it out - I could go on: Rosie, Ellen, George Michael, etc. It wasn't exactly shocking to most folks when those celebs came out.