Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Matthew

Hey Ricky I am straight but have a new and deep respect for you after seeing Oprah a show I never watched until you were on there. I am married and have two kids and a wife and hope that our kids shall have your love, and spirit for life. I never once questioned the gay life since I have always been very straight with a huge constrution company and now 35 years old I see that life and people are so screwed up with hate and anger. As, Trey Noran (writer and actor) on face book states we need to love one another and and let God take care of the correcting if needed. Never thought about being gay well maybe for a second and if I was I would feel honoured to have a great spirit and caring lover as you. Well, Rick my wife and you support you. Matt

paty

ok ricky tu ta bueno papa oite tu ta bueno tu ta toa la vaina tu ase lok sete pege la gaa no oig aa esta jente es tu vida tu desicion n noone should care wht u do or say its ur life not theres

roger

i'm so happy for you that you came out. i just wish i could do the same. i'm not as brave and cofident. i wish i could talk with you.

Rodd Lucanas

i admire the strength. however, i never thought of it since ricky was a kid and visited Philippines at age 12 under "minudo group". Por Dios por Santo Ricky,por pabor vista la Biblia porque el verbo declaras "no homosexual" can enter heaven. Go back porque esta es malo! Amo te hijo pero no para declaracion a todos pueblos que es "gay" revolver a tu Dios y siempre bueno. "Today, if you hear His voice do not harden your heart."may God bless you, to be famous is nothing! God is all things there is...!

SUDARAT_BE@hotmail.com

ถึงจะเป็นเกย์ก็ไม่เป็นไรขอแค่คุณเป็นคนดีของลูกๆและครอบครัวก็พอแล้ว

Cali

Who the hell cares!!! He's not gay anyway!! Just a pure freak!!! Fortunate? Sounds so dumb!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16