Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

Once white trash always WT

Thanks for coming out Ricky love. I will come out next once i get some stones. Miss your kisses! Georgie porgie Clooney

ellie

RED-IN-PHOENIX: You are mistaken, he had a long term relationship with actress Rebecca DeAlba!

Deborah

I hope he feels better now that he has come out.

Adam

Haha, his fangirls who were so in denial are so bitter now. Ouch!

wildflower

I thought he'd confirmed this like 10 years ago when he stepped out with his partner?? And someone mentioned it's time for Ryan Seacrest to come out...my husband says the same thing, I'd be shocked if Ryan came out as gay, but not that it affects my life any.

jill

this is news how? It was obvious he was a homosexual back in the 90's

Georgia

To Noooooooo, #25. What you do in the shower is nasty. I'm a woman and I definitely don't do that.

TIA

Good for him! Way to go Ricky. Now if only Larry Birkhead had the balls to do the same thing.

matt

this was supposedly precipitated by the birth of his kids? the birth that happened a year and a half ago?? give me a break -- this is a publicity stunt in a sad attempt to become relevant again.

Jason

C'mon TMZ

Not surprised.. why didn't he just come out years ago? Well I wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Dan

Wonderful...and a beautiful statement. Congrads to Ricky....I wish him and his family all the best.

DaJuice

Big Surprise There! Livin' La Vida Homo!!

If Jessica Simpson and Ryan Secrest had a son...it'd look like Ricky Martin!

White Trash

LMAO! Look at this interview he did 5 years ago where he flat-out LIED and said he wasn't gay!

LOL! Just goes to show you shouldn't lie - it ALWAYS comes back to make you look stupid.

TIA

48. Ricky has always addressed this with class man... Going thru life neither confirming or denying it cuz it wasnt nobody's business... Im Gay and I always thought he above all others was a great roll model... He didnt hide who he was, its just nobody's business but his, until today! Im glad you decided to share but we would have loved you still if you decided not to

Posted at 5:26PM on Mar 29th 2010 by Jason Carr

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes, I agree with you. He addressed it as a classy man. It's people who are so obviously gay that deny it and make it seem like it's a bad thing. That to me is wrong. They're the ones who I feel hurt good people like you. And I still love Ricky no matter what.