Ricky Martin --

'I Am a

Fortunate Homosexual'

3/29/2010 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

RickyRicky Martin
has revealed that he is a gay man.

Martin -- who has dodged questions of his sexuality for years -- just posted the following message on his official website: "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."

Martin says the birth of his twin sons led to his decision to come out -- and according to the singer, "To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids where [sic] born with."

Ricky's kids were born in August 2008.

appauled by the stalkarazzi

TMZ got punked. They should have checked out the source and story better. There is nothing on Ricky Martin's official website or his twitter page in reference to him coming out and being gay.

Can you say retraction or law suit TMZ...LOL

Nameless

LOL...like no one saw this announcement coming.

MISTY WRIGHT

NO SURPRISE THERE, RICKY... WE STILL LOVE YA!!!!!!!!

eden

You're a disgrace to the Latin race shame on you

Sally

He's a latin man and traditionally, homos are a no-no. It's also been reported that he was sexually assaulted/molested by his manager, who was Mendez. Could be that he was "turned out".

Debi

I am distraught, dissapointed & DAMN DAMN DAMN! Why are all the fine guys gay? I know you are how you are born & I always wondered but Damn! I guess its good for gay guys all over but us women have suffered a severe blow! I will always love you Ricky, no matter what!

HeknowswhoIam

It's about time Ricky. Will you now talk about your days with Menudo and your sex parties with Robi in your new book? Doesn't everyone think it's weird they are the two that stayed quiet about it when the news broke in '91? Ricky even stayed with the group afterward...

Boys will be boys

stark

i thought he already came out of the closet.

honestly, who's surprised? lmao

Ben

Shame shame shame!!! Poor kids. Overshadowed by their father coming out of the closet. Disguisting. I'm sorry if you all get offended, but this is sad and shameful.

Roy D. Mercer

Harvey, come out come out wherever you are... We won't bite! It's coming out time! The impact is less with a gangbang in the media. LOL! Wait, seen him with Gretta guys. Gretta Vansaustern on Foxy News.

HenryO

There is no such thing as a fortunate homosexual. It is a dreadful curse.

sheila

god bless you.you are the most sexest gay man i have ever seen.lots of kisses............

Who Cares?

Least he's not an "Unfortunate" homosexual...that would be tragic.

HenryO

This is a shameful, sad disgrace. And to put your kids in it? That's why you're admitting to be immoral homosexual? Shameful and disgusting. Nothing to be proud of.

Ann

lol you morons. EVERYONE knows Ricky Martin is gay. EVERYONE knows Oprah Winfrey is gay. EVERYONE know Anderson Cooper is gay. EVERYONE knows David Bowie is gay. And you dumb sods who don't think so, TRUST me it's true!