Conrad Murray - Michael Was Alive at UCLA

3/30/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned doctors who worked on Michael Jackson at the UCLA Medical Center ran two EKGs on the singer, and at least one doctor who interpreted the results claims there was heart rhythmic activity both times.

Michael Jackson and Dr. Conrad Murray
Furthermore, sources tell TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray insists he was able to restart Jackson's heart at the singer's home before paramedics arrived and then maintained heart activity in the ambulance.

Dr. Murray's evaluation contradicts paramedics at the scene who wanted to take Jackson to the morgue, not UCLA, because they believed he was dead.

It also contradicts Joe Jackson's lawyer, Brian Oxman, who tells TMZ he believes Jackson was dead even before paramedics arrived at the house. Oxman says the weak pulse detected at UCLA was in reaction to resuscitation efforts.

We're told the criminal case is shaping up as a legal war between medical experts, who will be interpreting medical tests and charts in various ways -- always confusing for a jury.

Glendetta

Too many conflicting stories out there. I don't know what to believe. Except of course what's in my heart and that is that MJ is with us. :)

janalal4

161. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESiZBim-qS0

Posted at 11:04AM on Mar 30th 2010 by Phantom of the Opera

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/30/conrad-murray-michael-jackson-heart-ekg-paramedics-ucla-medical-center-wrongful-death/11#ixzz0jfpZHtgq

I don't know how you do it 'Phantom' but YOUR videos ALWAYS turn on the 'water works' for me:) Another beautiful tribute video. Almost a year later, yet STILL so much 'raw emotion' lurking beneath the surface. Thank you.

MJ Fan

No, Michael IS DEAD, but he always will live in our hearts!I hope one day "doctor" to pay about killing Michael!We need to get justice for Michael!

Grouch

CPR causes cardiac artifacts to appear on an EKG.

An idiotic gossip reporter would claim this is a heartbeat.

He was dead on arrival.

John

Just because your dead doesn't mean all electrical signals stop. There are some still working and they will work till all life saving efforts stop.

Knowing he killed Mike it wouldn't shock me if he shocked Mike over 20 times trying to get him going again. That stuff doesn't just float away into thin air. Your body can store it like a battery and discharge it. We are talking milla volts and amps. It could show on a EKG but it will not show that Mike is a alive.

lilchelle

do most of yall idiots hear yall selves.

first of all dr.murray is guilty of manslaughter he will go to jail from 3 to 4 years.maybe more than that.but MJ was dead at the scene.dr.murray made another call before calling the peramedics like he should have.he has done something wrong and he will pay if it wasnt for him MJ would still be alive.you can tell he did it for the money.i dont care how famous someone is i wouldnt give him/her no type of medicine that shouldnt be used outside of hospitals.he deserves what he gets.trust MJ fans,family and friends are gonna hate him for the rest of the little life he got left on this planet.trus MJ fans will threatened dr.murray even more.he deserves what he gets and he deserves to be locked up.plus Mj told his staff the day before that he was sick and not feelin well and they just took him to his room to rest when they should have taken him to the hospital to get a check up to see if anything was wrong.but im blamin it on dr.murray and just like MJ's family i wanna see justice brought to him.pronto!

DREAMSandTRUTH

Hi tis_ruthy,
are you from michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.net?
I liked to read your conversations there, everyone is so nice to each other. Why did you close the site eventually?
I hesitate to register as I'm the one who wrote that message to Michael on Youtube, and one of you put it on to your forum and those who reacted didn't really like it. I know I have a quite unique opinion about Michael faking his death but it doesn't mean that I don't love him. I do love him, I just don't like what he is doing now. I think he made a bad decision, and I'm afraid people will react negatively when they find out he is alive and he only faked his death. I doubt he did it because his life was in danger, and I can't find any other reasonable cause for faking his death since it causes huge confusion, sadness, pointless guessings and theory makings, arguings, etc. I doubt a lie can bring love...
This whole thing makes me sad. I hope it will end good.

HumanNature

Popcorn anyone!!!!

JUSTICE 4 MJ

angela

Here's my take:

Anesthesia toxicity can be difficult to deduce because large amounts essentially dampen your heart & breathing rate. Unfortunately, there is a drug in testing (but not in use) that can completely reverse the effects of such a toxicity. (Imagine a mouse with a stopped heart & rapid reactivation of its heart immediately after the drug is administered).

Anyways, it's certainly possible that Michael Jackson was just in severe CV depression. And if he was getting at least some oxygen to his brain, he might've been saved. For paramedics to conclude he was dead was no reason to give up on him then. If that was my family member, he would've gone straight to the hospital, not the morgue.

As a personal example, I spent way too much time explaining the 'suspicious' foreign medications (high BP, cholesterol) my uncle was taking to the paramedics, when all they needed to do what shut up & determine what type of stroke he was having. Things aren't always as they seem & people aren't always right.

cheryl Erber

Jackson may have been on drugs but he was certainly nowhere near death till "doctor" Murray literally fell asleep at the switch while totally betraying his profession and responsibilities.

paco

Este medico de 3ª division esta demostrando lo que es... UN SIRVENGUENZA!!!! A la carcel ya!!! Es cierto que Mj era un adicto a los farmacos, pero este personaje es responsable de mala praxis médica y se ha cargado por acción o inacción a un ser humano incoente, JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL!!!!!

paco

CONRAD MURRAY GUILTYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody Knows

I am not on the "hoaxers" team or the "justice for Michael" team. But i do have my opinions on MJ's death. The "hoaxers" claim they are not shoving their beliefs down anyone's throat but yet all i read from them is "wake up!, don't believe the media". The "justice for Michael" group seems to be doing the same thing. You can not make people believe what you do. That is why i am proud to live in a free country! My belief is that Michael has passed away. He is dead. I also believe in innocent until proven guilty. Which is what MJ most certainly stood for. MJ was convicted in the court of public opinion long before there was a trial. I believe that there will be justice in Michael's death, but justice will be brought by the legal system... not by court of public opinion. This feud between hoaxers and justice for Michael is quite entertaining for those of us who are reading it, but seriously, both groups are in my opinion... fanatical!

paco

CONRAD MURRAY... YOU DID ALL WRONG!!!!!!