Dr. Conrad Murray: 'I'm Hanging On by a Thread'

4/1/2010 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray: 'I'm Hanging On by a Thread'Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer filed legal papers today pleading with the judge in his criminal case not to yank his medical license, because he needs it to pay for his defense.

Murray's lawyers are responding to the State Attorney General's motion, asking the judge to suspend his medical license as a condition to bail.

Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, says his client was in financial hot water before Michael Jackson's death and is now, "without fear of overstatement, hanging on by a thread."

Murray believes if the judge suspends his license, Texas and Nevada will follow suit and the doctor won't be able to make the money required to mount a defense. We're now told Chernoff will be earning some sort of fee, and Murray is also responsible for expert witness fees and other trial-related expenses.

cathclassica87

Murray is "hanging on by a thread"? Tough. He should have thought of that before he abadoned all medical ethics, gave in to Michael's absurd request to be treated for insomnia with a drug that is used as a surgical anesthetic, and then spent 45 minutes on the phone while he should have been monitoring the patient like he was in I.C.U. Life has consequences, Dr. Murray. The consequences for Michael were that he lost his life due to poor decisions. You also made poor decisions and should suffer the consequences for them. If you can't afford top notch lawyers, then I guess you'll have to do what millions of other Americans do in the same situation -- get a public defender and cross your fingers.

Big Mouth Joe will TELL ALL

Why can't he do what the rest of the criminals do with NO MONEY...they get a PUBLIC DEFENDER!!!!! Hmmmm doesn't he have a half million dollar condo to sell????

lovemj

This is an old video, but I was reading comments on a board here about MJ the other night and the conversation was about him bleaching his skin and wanting to be white, so I wanted to post this again.

SashaPanda

I Dont Feel Sorry For Murderers. Especially The One Who Killed My Hero. So, Mr Murray, You Deserve It. Im Sorry, But You Suck.

Ann

Poor baby - he has been unable to get his financial situation under control and he can't get his prescribing of medication under control eigther. He should not be seeing patients at all - for God sake who in their right mind would go to him??? NO sympathy from me at all. Rot in hell where you belong Murry, you make me sick.

daniela

opssssss i have said mike is back????' i'm sorry i mean MICHAEL IS BACK!!!!!!! I LOVE MY KING.. HE IS NOT A MAN.. HE IS A GENIUS!!!!!

Gone too soon

Please tie Murray to a bed, hook him up with an IV, give him all the stuff he gave Michael - because nothing of that could kill him or do him any harm, could it? (According to himself.)

tishMJfan

Is this an April Fool's Day joke?????

Thunder Thighs

So the doctor made a mistake,big deal! It's not like anyone important died.Give him another chance.

JLa

I dont care if he is "hanging by a thread" he should be locked up for killing a human being!!! Michael Jackson trusted him with his life!! Instead of taking care of Michael he killed him!! His licence should be taken away in all states. He is a careless reckless person!! I hate him.
I love you MJ

WillOTheWisp

101. Hang in there Dr. Murray. God's back your back covered. I loved MJ, but it certainly is not your fault he died, it would have happened sooner or later. You'll get through this, write a book make a movie.

Posted at 4:55PM on Apr 1st 2010 by tik

OKAY!!!! So, I see your disability check came in the mail today!!! So... what kind of twist off cap bottled wine did you ingest???

schoen1

I really don't care about his financial woes. He's incompetent and should not be practicing medicine anywhere.

Dirty Diana

Sorry you get no sympathy from me??/Michael was vunerable and you overdosed him because of your debt that you were in and Michael had the money to pay you...I hope they get you on more than manslaughter;more like[ murder in the first degree]You were no friend to Michael Jackson...your his killer!!!!!

Lori

Murray get over it! may God have mercy on your soul. Sorry, but you did a crime. you can keep saying, you did nothing wrong! but in your heart you know you did. if it would have been anyone else, they would have lost their licenses, and sitting in jail right now!