Erin Andrews -- Death Threats

4/2/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Erin Andrews has been the target of several recent death threats, and the FBI is now on the case.

Our sources say three emails were sent to "The Dan Patrick Show" -- a sports talk show which airs on both radio and TV.

Sources tell us the emails -- sent on March 26, 29 and 30 from a man in Newport News, VA. -- are direct threats against Andrews. One reads, "Somebody should shoot her in the face."

A second email says, "I'm one in a million. She'll never see me coming."

TMZ has learned the FBI is now on the case. As for ESPN's Andrews, there is increased security on the set of "Dancing with the Stars."

Andrews was famously victimized by Michael David Barrett, who taped her through a peephole in several hotel rooms. He's been sentenced to 30 months in federal prison.

UPDATE: We are now told there are more than three emails that were sent to "The Dan Patrick Show" through its website.

UPDATE: Erin has appeared on Dan Patrick's show, but not on the days the emails were sent.

AMIR SHAMSI

UPSET WHO KNOW.

Thunder Thighs

The people saying she deserves this are vile. She has done absolutely nothing wrong. The blame lays on those who videotaped her without her consent. And the blame also lays on the people who stalk her.

And anyone who watches that video of her, is a disgusting piece of shit. Think of your mother. Your sister. Your daughter. Would you be okay if someone did that to them? I'm seriously disturbed by the men who say they've watched it. You're all sorts of fucked up.

Everett

Well, despite what you all say about her, I still think she's nice to look at. :-)

Thunder Thighs

this bitch has got to get the fuck off espn theres no place for skanks like that.......pisses me off

Whooreallygivesacraphere

Would any of you calling her an "attention ho" feel the same if this was your daughter, wife, mother?

Some truly messed up guy..who probably had fantasies of her before he got morbid...is doing this, and all you can say is "no sympathy left here." The woman is a sportscaster. Why should her appearance on DWTS be any different than any other woman's? Why should she "deserve" this violent nutcase more than anyone else?

Erin deserves the same chance as every other WOMAN in the competition, and her stalker deserves to be in jail. Or to be kicked in the teeth. Or both.

givemeabloodybreak!

Nothing about going on DWTS says,"I am taking back my life from stalkers." It says to me I'm an attention whore who will use whatever I can- albeit personal tragedy- to get recognized. How funny that these "threats" are coming out now, not suspicious at all.

sardonicus

Next stop on the Erin Andrews PityPalooza Tour? "Rupaul's Drag Race", maybe?

Just sayin'...

Sarah

I like her. I think she's gorgeous and I hope she's happy. I don't understand all the hate for her. She's just a normal girl who had something horrible happen to her. Her response was appropriate, I feel. She's making the best of what must have been a pretty trying situation for her. More power to her.

Jose

Peeks

What is wrong with you people? Would you like to have your mother, sister or god-forbid...wives victimized over and over again just because they are attractive (even if some don't think so), blond and on TV??? I just don't get the mentality that thinks "she deserves it." Good Grief, people!!!

cyndi

To those of you who are throwing Erin under the bus...she has more class than you will ever have...she is a very attractive woman and she has done a great job as a Sports-caster...I think the naysayers are very jealous of her...such is kife...Happens all the time to attractive blondes...get over it...she is a very easy person who does not dramatize life...Victim? Yes!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2