Lindsay Lohan Broke

In Dire Straits

4/2/2010 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan is broke -- so much so, she can't even pay her rent on time, sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Lindsay was two months behind in rent and her landlord sent her a legal notice to pay or get out. Lindsay just paid her landlord $23,000 to become current.

What's worse ... Lindsay isn't pulling in any income and her prospects for work are almost non-existent because of substance abuse issues ... according to our sources.

In the few days since TMZ published the story that friends and professionals are deeply afraid for Lindsay, the situation has become even more dire. We're told there is still a strong feeling -- even resignation -- that Lindsay will die soon if she doesn't get help.

There is deep frustration among the remaining people in Lindsay's world that her mom, Dina, is enabling her daughter by insisting Lindsay is fine.

As for how Lindsay could possibly be in compliance with her alcohol education program -- all she's required to do is go to the classes and refrain from driving. Drug and alcohol testing are not part of the drill.

More evidence of Lindsay's situation: last night she went to Ubisoft's "Splinter Cell: Conviction" Launch Party at Les Deux, where she once again fell -- hard -- on her way out of the club. After the crash, she got up, dusted herself off ... and went to another nightclub.

Lindsay Lohan: Click to watch

alex

well, where did she get the $23,000 from if she's in dire straits?

Thunder Thighs

Lindsay Lohan should just die already... Stupid bitch who got her first fucking at age 14.... sick

Greg

"25. I don't get it, you say she is broke yet you just reported she just paid 23K to become permanent...I thought you said she was broke TMZ, LIARS!"

She paid $23,000 to become current, not permanent. Stop posting when you're drunk, Lindsay. Lindsay pawned off some very expensive jewelry to get a few bucks to stave off eviction. I'm surprised TMZ hasn't reported on that yet.

sherrie

Seriously, I have been wondering hoe she has made it this log.............lots of Credit, I guess! Anyway I have no pity on theses types of ppl...............they are big stars....oh no don' take my picture...R.I.P ...seriously enough of the friggen drama already

Thunder Thighs

I don't know what to say about this whole situation with Lindsay Lohan, given the other much more serious happennigs all around the world (Haiti anyone?!?!?). Still, I caught a glimpse of her on some entertainment show where some really loud and obnoxious lady was giving "life advice". All I saw was her face, especially her eyes, and that look remained seared in my mind. It is a look that I have seen on countless faces. It is the look of a person that is lost, stuck in a place from where there seems to be no escape... I know that look because it is also on my face. My circumstances and situation are very different, but that sense of despair, pain, loss and uncertainty, is one I know all too well, because I feel them all everyday of my life to some extent.

I don't care how much people think she lies or fakes her misfortunes, THAT LOOK, you cannot fake. I am trying to just relate as a human being seeing another human being in distress. I don't know her personally, I am not family nor friend, so I cannot say she should do this or that, nor can I pass judgment ("do not judge lest you be judged also" is a lesson that serves well people, they just don't pay any mind to it). I hope she finds the love and care she needs from somebody willing to love, appreciate her and help her with whatever she is going through.

I have seen some of the comments here, and I'll tell you, I wouldn't wish what I'm going through on my worst enemy. I am not fan of celebrities by anymeans, but to wish somebody to die, or make light of that fact is not good! There is enough death in this world without wishing it on somebody else!

Do not be soo quick to dole out puishment and death, because you never know where you own life might take you and what situation you might find yourself in!

I sincerely hope she gets help, gets better and makes of her life (a long one hopefully) something good. Good Luck and All The Best!

menthis dong

its very bad time to Lindsay because she have no money to pay her rent. if i was rich man so i really do something for Lindsay but my situation is not stable to do something for Lindsay but i give to her my best wishes and i pray to god to help her.

Sad

If she’s broke how can she afford to party almost every day? Don’t buy it.

noah taylor

she's a dummy... but damn she fine as hell

marymac

Dina must be sole beneficiary on a big life insurance policy on Lindsey.

cm

Addiction is a scary thing. Whether you care for this person or not. She is still sick and in need of help. We don't know everything that goes on her life so we really can't judge. We only have the media reports which do not paint her parents as grounded people. That could be a major part of the problem. But there does come a time that you have to move on from your past and become an adult and take responsiblity for your actions. I hope she gets the help she needs and soon. We don't need any untimely celeberity deaths anymore.

I'm sure Celeb Rehab wants her on the show.

Me

Straights? I guess those who have a talent for digging up dirt don't have a talent for spelling and grammar.

Nasty Nate

I am sure she can get a job at McDonalds, or on a street corner someplace. Just another lazy tramp.

MFK

If I were young , rich and famous, my only drug would be the desire to make more money, and maybe a little something to relax with.

tim

TMZ cracks me up, there have been articles written about Lindsay Lohan being broke since 2007...and she's still doing her thing. Due to her success and big name, she will always be able to make money from just appearances alone, not counting films.