Jackson's Demanding Personality On Trial

4/5/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It sounds crazy, but Michael Jackson's Coca-Cola addiction may become a building block in Dr. Conrad Murray's legal strategy.

TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray's defense will be that Michael Jackson caused his own death by pumping a lethal dose of Propofol into his own body during the time the doctor was out of the room.

Sources familiar with the defense strategy tell us one of the missions is to show that Michael Jackson was a demanding celebrity who wanted what he wanted when he wanted it, even if it posed a danger to himself.

One of the ways the defense will prove its point is with the famous soft drink. Jackson consumed massive quantities of Coca-Cola, knowing full well it was laden with caffeine and would make it next to impossible to fall asleep.

Our sources say the defense has numerous examples of situations where Jackson hyped himself up with caffeine from soda and then used drugs -- including Propofol -- as the ultimate sleeping solution.

The upshot -- Jackson was a guy who wanted instant gratification ... so the notion that he would wake up when Dr. Murray was out of the room, become frustrated and self-medicate with Propofol is consistent with his personality.

Love you Michael

I am not a bit surprised that TMZ continues with this transparent hogwash , slamming MJ every chance they get, they seem not to be able to get real truthful news, so they continue to wallow in the gutter of lies and scandal

StrangerInMoscow

So it is that pretrial quivers have officially begun huh???,....Hm-m-m,...Well Conrad can give Eddie all the money he can scrounge up if he so chooses to do so,...the facts remain the same none the less.
Eddie will gladly take Murray's dough and in the end when all is said and done Eddie will loose in spite of his overly inflated opinions of himself and his legal abilities.
Eddie should keep in mind that he is merely an attorney,...not a miracle worker,..I doubt very seriously if ole Ed has some sort of time machine in his office that Murray could possibly use to turn back time and reverse decisions and or actions which he made of his own free will in the past.
My own opinion is that Justice can not come swiftly enough for Murray,...the added fact that Eddie is going to fall flat on his face with this one is just an added perk.
They are both dirt bags and perfectly suited for one another.
As for the Jackson family,...God Bless you all and stay strong,...We love and support you in all that you do.

I want ya back!

Demanding - I don't think so, but definately a little bit smug judging by the photo....

BlessedOne

It's really not far fetched seeing how depressed and lonely MJ was and all other turmoil in his life from the molestation charges against him. He was a deeply depressed, unhappy individual. The Jacksons are like any other family that has someone famous and the rest get jealous and put a for sell sign on their love to him and for him. MJ was very sensitive and knew that his brothers mainly would not love him unconditionally and support his work unless he went on tour or straight out gave them money. When he would not do either, they talked about him and remained angry at him. It's written in his book, MoonWalk as well as in a biography he allowed people to write about him. MJ also tried to get a nurse he had known to give him propofol and she refused. This came by way of interviewing various people after he had passed away. It will still be hard for Dr. Murray to prove this due to the fact that MJ is not here to speak for himself. Dr. Murray will have to have corroberating, independent evidence from other sources to support his defense.

katie

well, if I remember right..the soda cans didn't have soda in them..they had alchohol in them (at least some of the time)..he didn't want kids to see him drinking, knowing that many kids immulated what he did, so he hid it in soda cans. On top of that, Murray didn't have a medical reason for using Propofol, didn't have proper monitering equipment, and left his patient alone. I have no doubt that Michael could have been demanding, but so what..My doctors don't give me whatever the heck I want. Guess I don't pay them enough!

katie

actually..let me take that back..NOT DEMANDING..watch the special features in the "This is It " DVD.. all he had to do was say that something was bothering him..people bent over backwards for him.."what's wrong Michael?", "what can we do for you Michael?","Is there anything else we can do for you Michael?", "you'll let us know if there is anything else we can do, won't you Michael?" The guy was "the king" and people treated as such. Fact is that he made a whole bunch of people a shitload of money..they would have kissed his touche, if he asked them too.

cheryl martin

Harvey Levinson from TMZ-I use to respect you;I DO NOT anymore!!Your show is crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Michael Jackson fans -do not watch TMZ;send thier ratings in the hole!!!!STOP EXP0LOITING MICHAEL!!!

cheryl martin

Harvey Levinson from TMZ-I use to respect you; I NO LONGER do!!Your show is crap...STop exploiting Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohwhat!!

oh really simon... if everything about mj makes you vomit, then why are you reading news about him?????

Thunder Thighs

LMAO MURRAY YOU'RE FULL OF BS!! YOU'RE SO TOAST AND YOU THINK MAKING UP THIS BULLSHIT WILL SAVE YOU!! YEAH MICHAEL JUST WOKE UP KNOWING YOU WERE IN THE BATHROOM AND KILLED HIMSELF HAHA THATS SAID MJ WOULD NEVER KILL HIMSELF LIKE THAT HE WAS DEATHLY AFRIAD OF DYING. JUSTICE FOR MJ!!!

Thunder Thighs

to tellit "toilet"
please you go too and take your medications you lunatic bastard...you retarded fag...you piece of trash...

Jackson Insider

I drink in about 3.5 liters of pure Coca Cola a day...no kidding

meihe05

Why let this stupic docotor say nonsense? He should be sentenced to death or to be in prison for life.

Cola addict

I am addicted to Cola my hole life that have nothing to do with no sleeping at all.
I had trouble to sleep but that was the stress and I found something that help and it likes very easy but it does work.
Put your favourite movie every day on the same time in your dvd player every evening ten o`clock of what ever.
It takes you a few days bij some people a little more and if you see this film the 10th time you fell asleeep after a few weeks it doesn `t even matter what time you see the movie you will fell asleep.This really works believe me I tried even if you drink ten liters of Coca Cola.Try Try TRy for me worked Bridget Jones Diary!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments