Sheridan: 'Housewives' Creator Attacked Me

4/5/2010 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicollette Sheridan has sued Marc Cherry, the creator of "Desperate Housewives," alleging he struck her across the head and face on the set, and after she complained he fired her.

In the legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Nicollette is suing for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.

Sheridan is suing for more than $20 million.

In the lawsuit, Sheridan claims Cherry created a hostile work environment from the get go, "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show."

Sheridan says during the 5th season, Cherry put her in his crosshairs. She claims on September 24, 2008, he physically assaulted her after she questioned him about something in the script. According to the lawsuit, "Cherry took her aside and forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head."

According to the suit, after the alleged incident, Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."

Sheridan says she immediately reported the incident to ABC, but Cherry's aggressiveness only worsened and ABC failed to take action.

And get this ... The suit alleges when Cherry found out Teri Hatcher went above his head to complain about him, he said, "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."

And, she says, she was killed off the show unfairly.

UPDATE: ABC tells the L.A. Times "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

Lori

Somehow she just doesn't seem credible to me.

Sad

It is sad that Mr Cherry took this route, I do not know either person but violence against women is not to be taken lightly. We all have our persoanlity flaws but to stoop to the level of physically hurting another human in 2010 with all the personal coaching and assistance for persons with very low egos and violent streaks leaves Mr Cherry in a very poor light. As for me I was surely a fan of the desperate housewives but not made by a vilent man I will take that time back to watch something that is not promoting violence against women and does not promote bullying behaviour. How poor of the the ABC television station not to find a solution to their problems.

MyKinKStar

That show SUX anyway. I believe her and hope she wins some big-o bucks from them.

Anne

So, if her allegations are true, why exactly would she wait this long to sue? Why didn't she hold a press conference, attempt to press charges, do something, ANYTHING, when it actually happened? Sorry, but I can't believe this. It makes no sense whatsoever. I think she is still mad about being fired, is running short of money, and decided this would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

PlayfulLittlePup

This is weird. One the one hand, nothing out of Hollywood is too far fetched and yet, her exit from the show wasn't abrupt at all, in fact, it was extremely well done. How do you get fired out of that? None of those actresses should be so "deperate" that they'd put up with abuse for a paycheck. Where are the rest of them speaking up?

cookie

I believe her just cos she's the only one among the bunch who had any talent and there's no reason to axe her off.

Josi

If something like this happened and I was fired, I certainly would report it right away...why wait so long?

SickofTMZ

Marc Cherry is a Bitch! ABC should be held liable as well, if indeed they knew about such altercations.

Barb

I miss Nicollette and I totally believe her! He has a reputation of being spiteful and arrogant, and a tyrant. Money makes people believe they can abuse people under them and no one is going to say or do anything or they will lose their jobs. Since Edie left I haven't watched the show. Bring back Eddie.

MarkToronto

Well I'm the 40 something woman that watches the show. You want to replace the 'aging' actress with someone from the Hills perhaps. Remember your demographic you ABC morons. Teenagers watch stuff on internet, while I watch TV. Hmmm. USE your business sense at least.

By the way, a 40 something year old male actor is not referred to as 'aging'.

Jenn

Like other posters have commented, I don't know why exactly, but I believe her. And to those who don't understand why she waited so long to file, keep in mind these things take time. She attempted to resolve the issue by other means first and finally had to go this route. For all we know she could have had her lawyer on the phone advising her from day one.

kadengirl

OMG-sorry to hear this. I've always liked this lady - from the get go - when she was "Paige" -
I believe this occurred - and I'm sorry. Desperate Housewives is my favorite show and I miss Edie.

xcalibur

STRANGE, THEN WHY WERE THERE REPORTS FOR WEEKS BEFORE HER CHARACTER TERMINATED THAT NICOLE WAS DIFFICULT ON THE SET AND THE CREW DIDNT LIKE HER EITHER? RECALL THAT WAS ANOTHER REASON THEY WANTED HER GONE. THE DIVA BEHAVIOR HAD TO GO... YEA LET'S HAVE THAT FAT BASTARD CHERRY IN COURT AND GET ALL THE SHIZ OUT IN THE OPEN. DUDE WEIGHS LIKE 300 LBS AND DOING SOME STUPID VID PROMO ABOUT DH ON ABC.COM ALL THE TIME.

mimi

So, Cherry likes to hit the single women (Sheridan and Hatcher)? Wonder what Tony Parker would have done if Cherry had hit Eva Longoria!

Rip M 2 Shreds

Gee, no surprise. It was obvious that Nicollette was let go for revenge. She was the one good thing on the show, which I've quit watching. Teri Hatcher and Felicity Huffman make me puke. The other two b!tches are tiresome. Marc Cherry is just another Drama Queen, but honey, you can't be b!tch slappin' the ladies and get away with it. BTW, I wouldn't ever believe the network. ABC lies.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments