Conrad Murray -- I Will Never Cop a Plea

4/6/2010 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Conrad Murray has made it clear -- he will not take a plea bargain in the death of Michael Jackson.

Sources say Dr. Murray is adamant ... he did nothing wrong and will not plead to manslaughter or any lesser offense.

TMZ first broke the story of Dr. Murray's defense ... that Michael Jackson accidentally killed himself by self-injecting a fatal dose of Propofol into his bloodstream.

Dr. Murray, we're told, is "completely confident" that he will be found not guilty. He is less confident that the medical boards in Texas, Nevada and California will reach a similar result.

Dr. Murray is extremely relieved Judge Michael Pastor did not yank his California medical license yesterday. Nevertheless, he realizes it's all but inevitable all three medical boards will go after his license.

JIZZLE

Wow referring with the name "Jizzle" as a pompous, intellectual type...now nI've truly seen (well read) everything lol. Well ok slick ric let me repost this for you incase you missed it...

72. Well therein lies the problem because he is not being charged with violation of medical ethics is he? He is charged with manslaughter. Big difference.

Posted at 9:16AM on Apr 6th 2010 by ric

Well ric in America do you know what the definition of manslaughter is... you're on the computer so look it up. In fact the violation of his medical ethics is exactly what led to Michaels death as determined by the coroner who was certified in America. The coroner concluded an overdose of propofol killed Michael and that it was not self-administered. So yes we will have to wait for Murray's day in court but make no mistake that a guilty verdict will be rendered in a court of our peers in America.

Posted at 9:36AM on Apr 6th 2010 by JIZZLE

And I sleep very well by the way, thanks for caring. I usually listen to "Never Can Say Goodbye" by Jackson 5 at nights, you should try it one day, though it can make me get emotional thinking about all the great people who are no longer walking this Earth with us.

Mike

Yeah I think they are just bored trying to blame someone for his death give the guy a break.

Simon

Is there a place we can send donations to help Dr. Murray out with his defense fund?

While I don't think Murray did anything wrong other then give Jackson exactly what he wanted I have no problem with the outcome.

Jackson was a pedophile who paid off his victims to keep their mouths shut. He was warned several times to stop (far more then the average Joe) and he continued to bed children. He's a sick pervert and I don't care that he's dead.

Furthermore I think his family is a bunch of sick money grubbing losers (except Janet who has her own money). I think the father is disgusting, the brothers and even the mother. This is a circus freak family and the children will not fall far from the tree.

If nothing else I thank Dr. Murray for finally putting this pedophile to sleep. The fools who like Jackson can continue to defend his disgusting acts but if Jackson was your neighboor and not some supposed icon you would be calling the police daily.

Simon

Why should he cop a plea bargain?
HE DID N O T H I N G WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Simon

MJ donated money to some of his favorite charities such as:

A. NAMBLA (North American Man/Boy Love Association)

B. Save A Pedophile

C. I Love Young Boys Society.

Some of Jacksons other charities included young boys that he paid off so he wouldn't go to prison for being a sick pedophile that he is. I'm glad he dead as he's a danger to society.....well a danger to young boys. Keep up the good work Conrad.

Thunder Thighs

'GMA' Exclusive: Conrad Murray's Lawyer Speaks Out
Ed Chernoff: Cops Rushed to Blame, Reports Conrad Murray Delayed 911 Call a 'Bold-Faced Lie'

By MIKE VON FREMD, KAITLYN FOLMER & LEE FERRAN
April 6, 2010 —

The attorney for Michael Jackson's doctor, Conrad Murray, today aggressively contested media reports -- based on a leaked witness report -- that Murray attempted to hide evidence and delayed calling 911 as Jackson lay dying and said investigators rushed to implicate Murray in the star's death.

"It's just a bold-faced lie," Ed Chernoff said in an exclusive interview with "Good Morning America" that aired today. "[The] doctor called 911 as soon as he could& Let me just say, unequivocally, he did not  he was not cleaning up any bottles& The scene was not consistent with anyone trying to clean something up."

Chernoff said Murray did not immediately call 911 because there was no house phone in the room where Jackson was and he could not leave his patient to make the call.

Murray stands accused of administering the lethal dose of a powerful sedative that killed the pop superstar. He pleaded not guilty to manslaughter in February.

Chernoff said his client isn't responsible for the star's death, and that police rushed to blame someone.

"Let's say that this extremely famous, worldwide personality like Michael Jackson was found dead under unusual circumstances such as this. And the police came out and said, 'We've investigated and we just, we can't really put the blame on anybody at this point.' What do you think would happen then?" Chernoff said. "I think there was a tremendous amount of pressure to find somebody to blame. I think that was Dr. Murray& I think, my personal opinion, a conclusion was made and the investigation was conducted in order to back it up."

The Los Angeles Police Department had no comment to Chernoff's claim that police bowed to public pressure and blamed Conrad and said their investigation is continuing.

Murray appeared in court Monday for a preliminary hearing in which a California judge could have stripped him of his license to practice medicine, but did not.
"Well I mean the doctor had a good day," Chernoff said. "I think that was stressing him out more than anything else, was his ability to keep going, taking care of patients..."

Murray told investigators he gave Jackson the drugs Propofol, Lidocaine, Ativan and Versed during the early hours of June 25, 2009, according to an unsealed affidavit.

He also told detectives that he left the room after he gave Jackson a final dose of Propofol, before he returned to the room to find that Jackson had stopped breathing, according to the affidavit. Jackson was pronounced dead later that day at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles.

Chernoff did not offer an alternative chain of events, but said such a scenario doesn't equate to responsibility.

"If the prosecution's theory is that Dr. Murray injected a bunch of drugs into Michael Jackson, walked out of the room and he died as a result, that's absolutely false," he said. "Dr. Murray is not guilty of causing the death of Michael Jackson. Period."

Chernoff: Dr. Murray Is Not the Underdog

Chernoff said Murray could not have been aware of everything Jackson was doing on his own over the months he was treating the star.

"Dr. Murray is just now learning what he was -- what he may have been doing," Chernoff said. "Dr. Murray cannot tell you what Michael Jackson was doing in the background. I reckon he had plenty of time to do things."

In an exclusive interview with ABC News, Michael Jackson's sister, Janet Jackson, placed blame for her brother's death squarely on Conrad's shoulders.

"He was the one that was administrating," Janet Jackson said in November. "I think he is responsible."

After saying Murray's financial troubles could impact his case as far as the use of expert witnesses and specialists and citing the deluge of negative publicity his client's received, Chernoff said he still does not feel like the underdog in the case.

"We walk into the courtroom and people are yelling, calling him a murderer. They don't know anything about the facts," Chernoff said. "If we get a fair jury -- people in there who are not preconditioned, who do not have a preconceived notion about guilt, and Dr. Murray will walk out. Because he's not guilty."

A manslaughter conviction in California caries a potential sentence of two to four years in prison.

JIZZLE

Nope. Can't take anything away from him on that. Just saying that if people are going to state something as fact, let it actually be a fact.

Posted at 10:06AM on Apr 6th 2010 by ric

Oh and by the way I stand corrected. Michael Jackson is the the person who supported the most charities of all time in the Guinness Book of Records... to which he donated hundreds of millions. So many great accomplishments in his life, what a humanitarian. And he didn't just put out the money, he also put out much of his own time and kind spirit to help others. To err is human, and I did...

MJ's PYT Superfly Sista

Good Morning Mimi,Ric, and all. i woke up crying, restless
sleep after such a emotional day.Now I understand how MJ was
after performing.All energized and juiced up, its hard to come
down.Murray will see a day in June. i think his license may get
yanked. The judge (Pastor) couldnt not reside over the case, its
a conflict of interest because Jerry Brown is involved. I guess
theyre golf buddies and such. Jerry filed the motion to pull
Murrays license so its not over yet. Just delayed like we knew it
would be. I won a ticket to go in courtroom. Can you say butterflies.

Thunder Thighs

Simon

YOU KNOW WHAT? I DONT CARE IF DR. MURRAY GOES TO JAIL OR GETS OFF.
THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT FREAK WACKO JACKO IS DEAD. SO ALL
HIS WEIRD FREAKY FANS CAN GRIEVE AND SAY HOW UNFAIR IT IS ALL THEY
WANT. THE FREAK AIN'T COMING BACK. HE'S DEAD.....SO I'M HAPPY
;)

nan

actually as far as mj and charity goes..nobody should be putting him down for that.
alot of people use charity for a write off, but they dont go visiting orphanages before every concert, or take on aids when it was considered like the plague or walk through villages of dying children all over the world to try and help..
mj did alot of good things for other people without taking credit for it
if you read what he said inthe rabbi book, that is what he considered to be real charity

Simon

I remember sitting in class and the news that Farrah died & I was sad
for her but I also knew she was sick. and i was surprised when
someone
said that Michael Jackson died. I was seriously happy. It was like a
relief that the freak that was Michael Jackson was no longer. No
longer did I have to look at is plastic surgery deformed, feminized
face. No longer did we as a society have to endure his lies, his
desperate attempts at making it seem like he wasn't absolutely crazy.
His anger outbursts at people like Tommy Mottola and his crazy antics
like dangling babies out of windows. NO more boys are going to have
to endure that child molester's "Jesus juice" or sleeping in bed with
that freak. No longer will we have to pretend he wasn't a deeply
closeted homosexual. I find it incredibly funny that anyone would
even for a second, entertain the thought that he was a heterosexual.
Michael Jackson was an extremely effeminate, shy around girls, deeply
closed homosexual. He wore wigs and makeup, eyeliner and lipstick and
fake eyelashes. he was basically one step away from being a drag
queen.
I'm glad the madness is over. None of the other jackson even have
careers anymore. I mean maybe Janet has a slight career but she will
never be as popular as she was in 1989- 1993. It's over for Janet and
it sure as Hell is over for Michael Jackson. I am SURE that his own
boys are spared from being molested by him.

Jill

A Cardiologist is specialized in his field of medicine, but in Dr. Con's case he is specialized in stupidity if he thinks he will walk away with everything still in tack regarding his pathetic life. I unlike other fans wish he no ill however he took a life and now he must answer to that. His decision to accept MJ's offer started this whole nightmare and we all know greed was the reason. If other doctors refused to take MJ's offer than perhaps Dr. Con should have researched why and asked more questions. Either way for every action there is a reaction, we shall see what that exactly will be. God Bless everyone who is involved.

Simon

Why should he cop a plea bargain?
HE DID N O T H I N G WRONG!!!!!!!!!!