Sheridan: 'Housewives' Creator Attacked Me

4/6/2010 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicollette Sheridan has sued Marc Cherry, the creator of "Desperate Housewives," alleging he struck her across the head and face on the set, and after she complained he fired her.

In the legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Nicollette is suing for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.

Sheridan is suing for more than $20 million.

In the lawsuit, Sheridan claims Cherry created a hostile work environment from the get go, "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show."

Sheridan says during the 5th season, Cherry put her in his crosshairs. She claims on September 24, 2008, he physically assaulted her after she questioned him about something in the script. According to the lawsuit, "Cherry took her aside and forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head."

According to the suit, after the alleged incident, Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."

Sheridan says she immediately reported the incident to ABC, but Cherry's aggressiveness only worsened and ABC failed to take action.

And get this ... The suit alleges when Cherry found out Teri Hatcher went above his head to complain about him, he said, "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."

And, she says, she was killed off the show unfairly.

UPDATE: ABC tells the L.A. Times "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

hank

Sooo.. Hollywood is just like jobs in real life where the bosses get away with abuse and murder, and even if you complain, you get fired and no one is accountable ????? Wow! I will imagine this type of thing happens all the time and we just dont ever hear about it. No wonder stars are drugged, drunk, and emotional train wrecks!

Suzanne Devlin

Sheridan was the high light on this show. She's the spark the made the show fun to watch. To keep Dana Delaney and drop Sheridan was a major mistake.

Jules

Nicholette Sheridan has every right to make her complaint!
If that is what really happened then Cherry needs to go to prison!
They should bring back Sheridan's character! I have watched that show since it aired and her character makes that show!
We miss Nicholette and want her back on TV in that character!
Please bring her back to life?!!

You go Nicholette, you fight for what is right. Cherry should be
ashamed of himself and make things right for all of you ladies!
He would not have that show if is was not for you Nicholette, your character and the rest of the cast!

Shame on him!! Goodluck!

Kelly

She's clearly lying.

James

Mark Cherry is a well-known schmuck in this town. Power abuse stories like this are hardly new. He'll be in a golf cart prison in six months; I'd bet on it. Television is intense and misogynist. He thinks all those women ought to be grateful to be on "his" set. Wish someone would drive over him but being a control freak he'd insist on it being a classic Bentley.

Kristina

I miss her character, too. Her character was very likeable. I liked the others...well, most but hers the most. She was campy but honest and compassionate. Wonderful character, flaws and all.

If she was really treated so horribly, I hope she gets justice.

Thunder Thighs

I, personally, can't stand Nicollette. She has such an arrogant personality....I'm so glad Michael Bolton saw the light and never married her. There was a reason Michael's children did not like her. She is a beautiful woman but once she opens her big, sarcastic mouth and shows her true demeanor, she loses her beauty. She is very cocky and I truly do not like her personality one bit. I was thrilled when she was killed off the show - I also loved it when they had an episode whereas bees bit her and she wound up in the hospital with an ugly swollen face....she wouldn't be so cocky if she had to go thru life like that. I'm sure she said or did something to make Cherry smack her (although I do not condone hitting women). I do agree with Suzanne about Dana Delaney - she should've gone with Nicollete. I don't miss her one bit!!

Brad

Sure hope the court does the right thing and toss this frivalous lawsuit out. That wench nicholette is nothing more than a royal pain in the azz, and always has been. If she got smacked, she deserved it.

Jacque

Marc Cherry admitted her character reminded him of his ex - obviously he lost touch with reality. You go girl - sue away and teach the studios a lesson too - drag them into it.

WTF?

If she has witnesses, she has him by the balls.

Gary Belzman

I worked for a control freak, micro-managing, self absorbed, schmuckazoid for about 6 years.
I made several complaints. He fired me for Retaliation. After 3 months, He got fired. Justice was served.

vernacrichardson

Number 8 for you to say she deserved it is sad. Why would anyone result to hitting. That is so childlike. also a charge of battery. Did someone hit you and you enjoy the physical abuse? That's what you like but some people prefer no hitting. I hope she win and I hope they put his butt all over the media this needs to stop, this is no joke ,to much abuse in our world.She should have sued him for much more.

DRC

Brads comment sounds like the cowardly little worm that he probably is ."She probably deserved it " ? No woman deserves to be struck by a man . Hey Brad , you little punk , sorry you were beat by your mommy growing up . What a cowardly little weasel .

Jamie

There have been stories for years about what a jerk this creep is.He obviously prays on the desperation of actresses to stay employed. If he did do this,he should pay the price. Let's hope that Teri Hatcher speaks up about his treatment of her and backs up her former castmate. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of abuse to stay employed.

rudewaitress

I'm sure Nicole has lied about her Cherry before....!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments