Sheridan: 'Housewives' Creator Attacked Me

4/6/2010 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicollette Sheridan has sued Marc Cherry, the creator of "Desperate Housewives," alleging he struck her across the head and face on the set, and after she complained he fired her.

In the legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Nicollette is suing for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.

Sheridan is suing for more than $20 million.

In the lawsuit, Sheridan claims Cherry created a hostile work environment from the get go, "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show."

Sheridan says during the 5th season, Cherry put her in his crosshairs. She claims on September 24, 2008, he physically assaulted her after she questioned him about something in the script. According to the lawsuit, "Cherry took her aside and forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head."

According to the suit, after the alleged incident, Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."

Sheridan says she immediately reported the incident to ABC, but Cherry's aggressiveness only worsened and ABC failed to take action.

And get this ... The suit alleges when Cherry found out Teri Hatcher went above his head to complain about him, he said, "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."

And, she says, she was killed off the show unfairly.

UPDATE: ABC tells the L.A. Times "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

vinnie

Ms Sheridan is a diva. a talentless diva. She has come to the realization that now her career is officially over. She will need hte 20 million to live the life she is accostumed to. I doubt this awful actor will get another chance at acting ( If we are lucky that is). It seems to have taken her a long time to decide to sue.
Hopefully she will lose and be forced to crawl back into her hole to live out the rest of her days.

DannyK

Unfortunate incident. But Marc Cherry is a Log Cabin Republican gay guy. What was his beef? Was Nicolette the woman he could never be? If a gay guy hits a heterosexual female, is that a hate crime?
??? Layers of intrigue here.

lau

Sorry that ABC didn't stand behind you. Funny how Corporations never have your back unless your making them big money.
Good for you Ms. Sheridan, I really hope you prove your case in court. Lets hope your girls on the show have your back and not fear ABC.

Marie Fischetti

I love her character, Nicolette makes the show... I don't watch it anymore...

JoAnn

I believe this happens , I was and many of my co-workers were abused at my job , now I have no job due to the fact he was trying his dambist to oust me due to an injury that happened on the job and he sucsseded now I can't work And Justice for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sandy

Sheridan doesn't exactly seem very "stable" herself! If this is true, why wait over a YEAR to complain? She's acted like a wacko for a few years now, so maybe if she sobered up a little, she'd realize what an attention seeker she seems to be! I've never really seen much quality in her "acting" or in her personal life, as both aspects of her life seem to always have drama and be in shambles!

Eve

Nicholette Sheridan was the best one of the house wifes

Eve

Nicholette Sheridan should be back on the show, she gave the show an up lift

what a joke

To #8..Get off the board, Marc!
Nicollette should have hit him back the s.o.b.! I believe her and I hope she wins her money and then some. What an ahole this jerk sounds like, hitting women and saying the horrible things he said...grow up wee man.
He should have been grateful she was on his show, her character made the show amusing to watch and I did always wonder why she was missing from the introduction in the beginning of the show? Now we know why. Sue his azz off and on the way out of the courtroom, punch him in his face and see how he likes it. douche.

TEX

to posting #8 Brad.. you just announced to the world that you also are an abuser.. NO ONE EVER DESERVES TO BE SMACKED. THAT IS CALLED ABUSE...

Christopher Ryan

First of all, this is none of anyone’s business, it’s between her, and the producer, and their lawyers. Second of all, no it’s not right for ANYONE to be abused, either male or female. Also all the rude comments about his being gay are really not necessary, nor were some people who hated on everyone’s political affiliations. Spitting out hateful, discriminatory comments really are silly, and show how uneducated, and pathetic our society is. Grow up boys & girls!

BMD

Sheridan ought to get a life, just because she wasn't as popular as the other housewifes she has to make up a story and sue.I never like her acting on the show and other shows. She not good she ought to get another career. This world is just sue happy. Hope she loses.

Carl

Sheridan was great - I love the show and her, and wish she'd come back!
Okay, sexuality a main reason, however the writers really write a great show! Studio, producers, and all else, get in there!!!

Captain Biff

I thought Marc Cherry was Gay? What a douche bag for hitting a woman! Other than the big bucks, why do actresses put-up with this type of abuse?

Thunder Thighs

very hard to believe why not call the police why not make it a full blown dam fight. then you know that you would be getting paid now you are fired have to pay a lawyer big bucks something is wrong with your story... hum I smell a rat but go for it get paid but i think it's bull shit"""!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments