Kate's Lawyer -- Jon's Move Is 'Pathetic'

4/7/2010 5:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kate GosselinKate Gosselin's lawyer says Jon's attempt to wrestle custody away from his client is "pathetic."

Attorney Mark Momjian tells TMZ Jon's motives are transparent, saying, "He's never questioned her ability to provide for their children. He's out of the limelight, while 23 million people are watching Kate on 'Dancing with the Stars.'"

Momjian finds it ironic that Kate is effectively the only breadwinner, and when she goes to Hollywood to earn a living he turns around and says she's not in Pennsylvania caring for the kids.

Momjian says the legal docs filed by Jon are "incoherent" and so flawed that he fully expects the judge to throw his petition out ... stat.

Momjian says Jon is out for Jon, adding, "Do I think his motivation is the children's best interest. Squarely no."

Jon Gosselin

She can rant and rave all she's wants. She uses my children to earn money. I will take my kids, raise my kids, and never speak to her again. I do not need her money!

melissa

What exactly is she doing wrong? She's WORKING people and providing for her children. How could anyone support Jon and this latest stunt of his? Do any of you remember him out with various young girls far away from his children for weeks? And what about that "break in" at his apt in NYC? Did he want to be with them at that time? Or just when he's run out of money and jealous that Kate is actually working. As for the show on TLC-well what we saw from Jon's actions, is it any wonder Kate might have been aggravated with him? He's clearly not stable. He wants money not his kids. Leave Kate alone, she's providing for her family.

dawngela

i say leave her alone. she is doing what she needs to do to take care of her kids. the only reason jon is doing what he is doing is for the $$. plus didnt she have her basement renovated so she could practice dancing at home?? and as for the comments about her not being able to dance, well guess what, a mother will do ANYTHING for her kids. if that means making an a$$ out of yourself on tv to put dinner on the table then so be it.i say keep it up kate and if people dont wanna see you then they can change the channel(but i also read that dwts has the highest ratings now, so some people ARE watching)

RickRock85

Excuse me? Jon's support is pretty much the grocery bill. As of now I pretty much am scraping to get by. I've even skipped meals for entire day to try and make sure there's enough for the kids.
I have to go practice but I hope you commenters can open your mind to some of what I've said.

Kate Gosselin

pab

Personally, I think you should all grow up!!! I've been married 23 years (to the same man, thank you) with two kids. Most of that time I was the breadwinner and my husband took care of the kids at home without help from nannies or babysitters. I understand that Kate has 6 more kids then me, but that was her and Jon's choice. As my granny use to say "you all made your bed, so lay in it." Kate, my advice to you is: keep going. you have the responsability to your kids to support them and if no one else thanks you, they will one day. Jon, man up!!! You had a choice to made dude and you made the wrong one!!!! You lay down with a dog with fleas and guess what? YOU GET FLEAS!!!! Get a real job and get over yourself!!! My man is not the best looking or acting one (sometimes) but at least he keeps his pants on!!!!!!! Kate, the kids are wonderful and good luck with them!!!

chrissy

23 million people are watching kate on dancing with the stars? Wow does she really think people are tuning in to watch her? There are several others on the show who are actually celebs and worked hard to get where they are and are talented. Most of the viewers want to see Kate gone and are scratching there heads wondering why she is still on there and there have been a large amount of people who are not even watching just because she is on it..

Neither Jon or Kate are doing what is best for the kids. They are both obsessed with trying to be in the limelight rather then take care of there kids. Kate gets like $21,000 a month from Jon in child support which is enough to pay the rent, bills and more if she would give up the house that she can not afford and we all know she is going to end up losing it but it seems she would rather go into bankruptcy and have the house foreclosed on rather then sell it and buy a house that is in her price range.

Yes Kate is doing dancing with the stars right now but what is she going to do when she is no longer on there? The fact is neither her or Jon are celebrities nor do they have any talent.

I am tired of the crying from kate saying she can not support her kids on a normal salary when the truth is she just has it in her head she is a celeb and does not want to loose her fancy lifestyle. There are people who have the same amount of kids as her and are doing fine and people with more kids then her who are doing fine, look at the Duggars , they had like 16 kids before there show and they were doing just fine. Her and Jon are just lazy and want to be in the limelight. There 15 minutes of fame is hanging on by a thread.

Cilla

Jon is a tool who can't stand the fact that he is a nobody. He also can't stand the fact that his divorce from Kate didn't quite go the way I think he thought it would go. Kate was the breadwinner in this family,she still is,and I think Jon thought they would divorce and he would start raking in the dough by having his own reality gig. Well it backfired and Jon lost the money his former wife was brining in that he was living off of. At least Kate is out working hard and making a living to support her 8 children which is more than I can say about Jon. This is not about his children it is about once again forcing Kate to be his meal ticket. I mean if you watched the show you saw Jon doing things like signing autographs at the properties fence line and talking on his cell phone instead of spending time with his kids. I mean he could not take that gd cell phone away from his ear long enough to answer one of his little girl's request for a popsicle. I mean the little girl asked him about three of four times and he did not answer her. What a loser dad.Then while Kate was at home with the kids he was out blowing through money by buying Ed Hardy clothes,taking his girlfriend(s) out.....even taking one to Europe,he was making appearances in Las Vegas,buying new cars,renting an apartment he could not afford,buying ATVS,dipping into a bank account he had no right to dip into because it was for Kate to be able to pay the bills....need I go on about this man irresponsible behavior. He wants back onto that property to live,he wants those kids so that he is no longer the one having to pay child support etc. There is something wrong with him. So basically he is saying that every mother who has EVER appeared on DWTS is a bad mom because they were away from their children for a finite period of time. I mean Kate is flying back and fourth every week to see her children so it is not like she has just disappeared from the picture all together. And what about actors and actresses are they bad parents for leaving their children to make a living? It's not like Kate can pack up all 8 kids and relocate them to CA. The kids have school,they have routines,they have friends,and they have 3 nannies to help take care of them while Kate is away. Had she relocated the children a lot of you people would still be ragging on her. Kate is doing what she has to do to support her children because she sure as hell knows Jon can't be depended on to support them in the way a parent should. I mean this guy has had the nerve to bitch about how he didn't get to enjoy his 20's because he had 8 kids. Well guess what Jon I had my daughter just after I turned 21,her father bailed on her because he did not want another child at that point in his life-he was 25-and I don't feel like I missed a dam thing. I don't feel sorry for Jon I feel sorry for those children because they have a father who would rather go out and act like a 21 year old because apparently his kids stole his 20's from him. He doesn't want custody of these kids he just wants Kate to pay his way for him just like she did during their marriage. These kids are going to HATE Jon when they get older. There is a big difference between leaving your kids for work so you can support them and leaving your kids to because you feel like you missed your 20's due to your kids. My daughter is now 9 years old,her dad still doesn't want that much to do with her despite the fact he sees her half brother,the one he already had when I met her father,every chance he gets. I mean this man can go years without seeing her,he has gone years without paying her child support,he goes months without calling to ask about her all because he resents her......for the record he does all of this and more for his son. So I know a thing or two about men like Jon. I hope the Judge in this case does the right things and throws this case out. Kate has a right to make a living but she shouldn't have to support Jon anymore and until Jon can GROW UP he doesn't need primary custody of those kids.

sonnyone

So, Jon is homeless, does not have a job and probably can not get one as he is NOT a college graduate, has no means of making an income. The man, well if you can call him one, is only thinking of himself and the fact that the media is not all over him. I have a few words for his lawyer, Mr. List. How dare you say that a mother who has to work is not good enough to care for her children,that is basically what you are saying by agreeing to file this lawsuit. Every woman out there should be outraged by this. We have to work to support our children. I feel like I just got slapped in the face and you basically are telling me that I should not have had children. Maybe you would like to file a class action suit on behalf of the children of our men and women in in the military who have to leave them behind to defend our country to have the States take them away as their parents are "absent" from the household. Remember a lot of our military are single parents and their relatives now are taking care of the children. I had to work to support my children as their father died protecting our country. How dare you!!!!! Just because you worked for the government and got major benefits and salary, from our tax dollars, does not give you the right to say that if a mother has to work she does not deserve her children. You client is useless.

sylvie

Is that Kate Gosselin the real one? just wondering.... If it is, Jon is a real douchebag and the judge will toss that custody order out quick. How retarded, especially since he was open about supporting Kate to be on DWTS. As moms, we all have to work, I work 12 hour night shifts so I can spend as much time as I can with my daughter, let alone 8. So Jon, be a man and get a job like most dads!!!!

magnabonum

Myself and many of my friends who are mothers are not watching DWTS because Kate is on there. If Kate wants people to respect her she needs to fulfill her responsibility to her children as a mother. You tell me she can't find a job in the city she lives in, well maybe not for the huge cash amount she is getting on DWTS. If they were so needy for money, why did they have 8 kids? Should have tried to make it work out. Many marriages have survived husbands having affairs.

Lil

His claims are absurd. I suppose Pams kids, Brooks kids etc are going to lose thier kids too, LOL
Get a life Jon...LOL or a job so your wife doesnt have to support your hoard of kids!

Bart

Kate is a straight up fame-whore. I think they are both ridiculous.

They pimped out their kids for $$$$$. Surprise, surprise, it didn't turn out well. Look for all eight of the kids to be on some drug addiction show.

Ha THE TEACHER was taught a lesson

Posted at 6:02PM on Apr 7th 2010 by chrissylynn

---------

Yes chrissylnn, even the Washington Post said Kate is bringing DWTS into viewer's gold.

It is not Kate thinking she is bringing in the viewers, this is coming from legit articles.

She has more fans then haters! You haters think she doesn't, but she does, even Derrek from DWTS, another dance instructor on the show, said Kate could possibly win this, because of the fan base.

DWTS is not just about the Judge's score on the dance performance, that is why it is sooo important that they do things to promote themselves to pick up a fan base and a following, and Kate has one, she even brought in good ratings on TLC.

Hate her or love her, she is controversial and people tune in to watch.

sara

I am a douche bag and continue my douchiness. F to all you haters

Kimberly

Jon is only after the money that you are making....He is right up there with Jesse James....Trash.....