Nic Cage

Bye-Bye Malibu

4/8/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicolas Cage had a bad day Wednesday: Not only did his Bel Air house go on the auction block, his Malibu properties were auctioned to the highest bidder. Problem is, no one was interested.

Nic owned two adjacent properties in the hills of Malibu ... hundreds of acres total. We've learned Nic lost the Malibu properties to the bank Wednesday. They went on the auction block for a minimum bid of $10 million, but there were no takers. The bank now owns both properties outright and will try to unload them through a real estate broker.

Nic owed a total of $8,878,886.82 on the Malibu properties.

As we already reported, Nic lost his Bel Air home Wednesday as well. The minimum bid at the auction was just over $11 million, but there were no takers there either. Nic owed more than $17 mil on the Bel Air property.

Nic is suing his former business manager, whom he claims drove him down a road to financial ruin.

Rob

We worship weird people that play pretend and give them all that money... we are one stupid society.

Smith

This is impossible. Nic Cage is too-big-to-fail! The tax payers should totally bail him out.

david

Perhaps if he'd owed $8,888,888.88, he would've had better luck...

Amy

He's saying that his business manager drove him to financial ruin? It couldn't have to do with buying a house for every day in the month?! Idiot.

Zippy T. Pinhead

Now that's funny. Little Nicky spent money like there was no tomorrow and now it has come back to haunt him. So now he blames everyone except himself for this mess.

Amy

Bahahaha- That's funny...17 dollars! I would have spotted him the money.

woodin

Pure greed on Nic's part. He makes Michael Jackson buying binge look like kids play.

Stevereeno

I said this before; I really never thought I'd be doing better than Nicolas Cage.

London not England

RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!

WHO NEEDS THAT MUCH SPACE...LAND....HOUSES....

WHO WAS HE? THE KING OF ENGLAND...Oooops...no, the Guy from "Valley Girl"....

MORON.....enjoy your studio apartment Nick

jus'sayin

why would anybody need all that in the first place, do they think the sky is the limit? I think these well to do people have a serious problem.

LongJohn69

He ought to live in a CAGE. At least that's HIS!

Thunder Thighs

Wow. There actually has to be a comment where someone has to mention President Obama for the mess Nic Cage is in. Can the teabaggers not leave something for the rest of us to read without having to hear from their hate and ignorance. Cage spent money like a kid in a candy store. Unfortunately no one was minding the store.

Truth

20. I'm sure he's thinking, thank god my dad is Frances Ford Coppola. Who cares!!

Posted at 2:08AM on Apr 8th 2010 by Nikeylynn

If he were thinking that, he would be really crazy since that isn't his father!! LOL! It's his uncle!!

Truth

28. I guess obamas bailout isn't covering his socialist views, I'm hoping sean penn is next if we are lucky penn can shack.up with chavez...hell cage can go.too, funny going broke just in time to pay up for healthcare
....

Posted at 4:05AM on Apr 8th 2010 by republican mensa

"Republican mensa" how about Republican imbecile! Are you brain dead?

Robyn

Cage is a big liberal douchebag like Penn? I didn't know that. Probably because I don't give a flip about Cage but that's good to know. I won't watch another bad movie of his ever again.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments