« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Barkley Rips Masters Head -- He's an 'Uncle Tom'

4/9/2010 4:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charles Barkley has resorted to racial insults in his attack on the guy who runs the Masters -- comparing Billy Payne to a slave-driving plantation owner after Payne ripped Tiger Woods over the scandal.

Barkley -- who used to be pretty tight with Woods -- went on Fox Sports Radio yesterday and said, "You got this punk ass Billy Payne who goes on TV ... for him to get on there and act like he's all Uncle Tom, he's the master on the plantation, that piss me off."

Barkley added, "I wish somebody would just walk up to him and punch him in his face."

Earlier this week, Payne mentioned Tiger in his news conference saying, "Our hero did not live up to the expectations of the role model we saw for our children."

Historical Fun Fact!
-- White people generally aren't called "Uncle Tom" ... because "Uncle Tom" was black.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mary

And this profound statement came from the mind and mouth of a second grade graduate.

gutsygirl

"You are known by the company that you keep." Two of Tiger's best friends: Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan.

Jay

I'm black, and I DO think Charles Barkley is an idiot. But its not really outrageous by calling Payne a racist because obviously the history of racisim at Augusta is no secret...so I say, Master's...you reap what you sow, don't complain if someone stereo types you.

tifosi44

Ok, ok we all know that Chuck is a racist and a moron. When will TNT stop turning their heads to the dumb, stupid evil things this hillbilly does and says when a microphone is put in front of him? Hey Chuck, nobody cares what you think about anything other than roundball, and that is getting to be predictable and BORING..... You confirm to the world just how ignorant you really are. Payne runs the MASTERS. Got it ya BIG DUMMY?

Jack

Charles Barkley doesn't know the difference between Uncle Tom and Simon Legree? What does he care about Tiger?

The Masters guys are not racists. They are prigs, snooty, somewhat puritan. They do not *need* the PGA, and they are the one club that does not kowtow to the PGA and sponsors.

olddognewtrick

When id doubt? WWBRD...What would Babe Ruth Do?

deb

Holy christ on a cracker.... Barkley you ignorant slut.

I'm sick and tired of blacks holding slavery over my head. I personally didnt hold anyone in slavery, yet I'm made to pay for it. I detested slavery and all it stood for, and I'm white. Yet I'm to blame.

don't believe it

This is typical of a lot of blacks so lets just face it and move on ...Most of the time all they do is sit around and feel sorry for themselves ...They blame not having an education of there being to many white teachers ..That is sad ...Good lord Some of them are pathetic .. Charles is just another crying idiot ...What Billy Payne said wasn't necessary but it was true ,What Charles Barkley said was just plain stupid and erroneous ...

Whamo

He's bang on the money! How many minorities are members on that course? Until recently you HAD to be black in order to be a caddy there. I mean how would it look if a white guy was carrying your bag?
That course is the epitome of race division. The people at THE MASTERS never say controversial things but since it’s a man of color...no problem they have lots to say now. Believe me if they had their way it would be same ole same ole.
Colored people use the back entrance and don’t look whitey in the eye least you find yourself swinging from a tree.

lls

Just proves how ignorant Chucky really is. Not only is he ignorant, he is a racist pig...........another black man keeping racism alive and well.

Hey Payne, if you did not want all the controversy at the Masters, then why the hell did you invite Tiger to play?

Dan

Barkley is an idiot. He brings race into everything. I don't watch TNT anymore, because of him. He's been in enough trouble himself. Keep your mouth shut! Do everyone a favor. JERK!

me

Nice that Barkley can sit back and call people out about being racist, but thinks nothing of all his racist comments. Ignorant ass.

cocopuff56

Charles Barkley is a perfect example of how people of color can say whatever they want about white people. You'll notice that Billy Payne never uttered one racial slur or even one insult or obsenity when addressing the whole Tiger situation. I thought what he said was clear, concise, intelligent and lastly and most importantly the truth. Charles Barkley on the other hand used words like "uncle tom", "punk ass" and even encouraged violence against Mr. Payne by "wishing someone would go up to him and punch him in the face" Why because someone (a white man) had the guts to tell it like it is? Be careful Mr. Barkley of what you say it really shows off your lack of education.

MJFAN

10. Now if a white guy said this about a black man the whole world would be in uproar. How come it's ok for black people to make such racist comments?? Blacks are more racist then any ethnicity in this world!!!
Posted at 3:44PM on Apr 9th 2010 by Rebbecca

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/09/charles-barkley-masters-tiger-woods-uncle-tom/#comments#ixzz0kdWAo1BD

WOW I agree with you 100%..took the words right out of my mouth! If you go on Bossip.com...you see that the majority of blacks are more racist towards white people then white people toward blacks... It infuriates me that they get away with this but not a white person...They need to stop playing the victim.. Dont get me wrong, there are a lot of great black people out there...but some need to stop playing the race card..

Mikey

Hey Barkley, your black get over it. No one cares expect you and a few other loud mouths.