« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger: 'I'm Truly Sorry'

4/12/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With his head down and a monotone delivery, Ben Roethlisberger finally gave a statement about the sexual assault investigation in Georgia, saying he's "happy to move forward."

Reading off a note card, Ben walked up to a podium in the Steelers' locker room and told a small group of reporters, "I'd like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the prosecutor's decision not bring charges."

He continued, "I know without a doubt that it was the right conclusion. I don't intend to discuss any details relating to the events in Georgia, and I'm happy to put this behind me and move forward."

Ben also stated, "I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I've brought to my family, teammates, coaches, the Rooneys, and the NFL. I understand the opportunities I've been blessed with are a privilege and that much is expected of me as the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Roethlisberger concluded, "I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust and I'm committed to improving and showing everyone my true values. I'm excited to get back to work w/my teammates and more determined than ever to have a great season."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CCC

What a bunch of crap. He apologizes to everyone except the woman that he man handled. Just like any other jock who puts himself in that position, they always say I'm sorry , but never feel as if they did anything wrong. What a big dufuss.

Q

I suddenly feel an urge of want for this man to suffer a career ending injury this year, preferably in Training Camp, that also renders him to walk with a limp the remainder of his days.

He is a bona fide abuser and without incarceration or counseling, will abuse again. I could care less about Sports allegiance, he is a dangerous human being to women. He will strike again---let an injury strike him first.

Ben you are despised by most. The Steeler Fans will obviously get like the Dog Pound and protect you, but let their daughters go bar hopping with you first, then we'll see how loyal they truly are to you.

MaryMac

And then the earth opened up and swallowed him whole...The End.

Dance

Ben most people know who you really are a Women abuser... You we keep hiding behind The Steeler as long as you can.. This young 20 year old drop out of college and her life will never be the same now she's know as a liar WOW SUCK TO BE A WOMEN...

Anthony

Don't worry, I am sure not to far down the road a nice civil suit is being prepared. Or she already got hush money and thats why she sent the letter to the DA saying she did not want to push the issue any further.

niles

Oh puke, he has the audacity to say he wants to be a role model for children. Unbelievable.

JUstin

Just thank your stars , you are not a famos black athlete. They would have hounded and convicted you a long time ago. As you can see, tiger merely cheated and they are still trying to bring him down 5 months later..

But unfortunately for You---You are gonna be back in this situation..its what you do...

its funny, where are all the white people..ooh okay---they are busy beating up on tiger....amazing......

andrea

he is a rapist just like kobe bryant !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never forget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theTRUTH

I don't believe they are not pressing charges, what kid of keystone cops are these?...and this Ben dead beat will get his.

sickofit

If you have money. If you are a NFL player.

Then you can get away with anything!!!!!

ChrisBGoode

I've always been a Pittsburgh Steelers fan but I can't stand ben roethlisburger (spelled in small letters on purpose). This clown is so overrated. He's a legend in his own mind. He is just an embarrassment. Talk about someone who is overhyped... He is a clueless, classless wigger. I'll be glad when they either trade him or he moves on, on his own.

Deb

He didn't want to talk about it before, but now he can't wait to comment. I wonder how much he paid her to drop the charges and keep her mouth shut. I hope it was a lot. J.E.R.K.

who dat

"Roethlisberger concluded, "I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves"

He wants to teach his teammates how to treat a woman.

mike

idiot doesn't he learn to stay away from unknown snatch by now she will probably sue him

grow up

PolarBear Is Retarded

Where's all of the hateful comments. No monkey comments, no "typical" comments, no "when will (those people)learn" comments, no racial comments. There are hardly any comments at all. I checked other gossip sites and tv shows, hardly a mention!! Will the media follow him around to make sure he doesn't curse or get angry? Will he have to become the public's b*tch because he did some immoral? No, because his white skin doesn't generate enough hate in people to make it a big story! Don't even think about using the phrase race card, don't even try it!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments