« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger: 'I'm Truly Sorry'

4/12/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With his head down and a monotone delivery, Ben Roethlisberger finally gave a statement about the sexual assault investigation in Georgia, saying he's "happy to move forward."

Reading off a note card, Ben walked up to a podium in the Steelers' locker room and told a small group of reporters, "I'd like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the prosecutor's decision not bring charges."

He continued, "I know without a doubt that it was the right conclusion. I don't intend to discuss any details relating to the events in Georgia, and I'm happy to put this behind me and move forward."

Ben also stated, "I'm truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I've brought to my family, teammates, coaches, the Rooneys, and the NFL. I understand the opportunities I've been blessed with are a privilege and that much is expected of me as the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers."

Roethlisberger concluded, "I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I have much work to do to earn this trust and I'm committed to improving and showing everyone my true values. I'm excited to get back to work w/my teammates and more determined than ever to have a great season."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Stump

test

Jackie

I live in Pittsburgh and he sucksssss asssssss....

ccc

Say What !!

Joe

The one who needs to apologize is the liar! If there was a rape then why did she cough up another man's sperm? This is BS!

We need to punish false rape accusers!

jaw

I watched this and threw up a little in my mouth. Everyone is seeing a pattern of behavior here and its not a good one. I was not impressed....

gutsygirl

Ben acted like a jerk at Miami(OH).
Ben acted like a jerk in Denver.
Ben acted like a jerk in Georgia.
This Pittsburgher has cheered for this jerk for the last time.

LiLa

Oh, I think we've all seen Big Ben's true values.

big dirt bag

what a ****ing s***bag i hope you die after getting hit in the head on the football field this year you sorry excuse for a man

Donnaburgh

I will boycott the Steelers this season... They are biased and sstupid!.. If they think this uselessburgher is gonna help their team they are truly delusional! Pox on the house of the Rooneys

Me

Dear Ben:

Shut the hell up. Most of Pittsburgh hates you now. If you keep talking, you can bring that to 100%.

sonya

shut the **** up you asholes. ben did nothing so go **** your selves. the ****en soriety victim lied just like her soriety friends. the ****en soriety girls probably told her to say this stuff about ben following her in bathroom. they knew they could get a big pay day because ben was accussed by a hoarse teeth andrea mcnulity. hey i admit that i am a money grubber also i used my past boyfriends to get a nice tv, clothes and other ****. i admit that ill do anything for money because that is what females do

Marilyn

Am a longtime Steeler fan, but I am really tired of all these guys, they give me a pain. Most of us are trying to pay are bills, they have talent and money and still screw it up. Tiger to, all of them are sick and in love with themselves. I hope the Rooney's find another quarterback that can keep out of trouble.

drea

Jesus....

You would think the putz could afford a decent haircut.

pleasegoaway

A role model for children? Someone PLEASE find out what the hell kind of drugs this idiot is on...or perhaps which ones he SHOULD be on. So the victim asks the D.A. not pursue the matter (wonder how much THAT cost him) because the media attention is destroying her life, and suddenly he's a stand up guy worthy of the chance to be a role model? Get the F outta here with that garbage. I bet it took a real GENIUS of a Steelers P.R. intern to come up with that steaming heap of crap.

scooter

That didn't exactly come off as to genuine Ben. Did your lawyer write that for you? Seems like it..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments