Bret Michaels -- My Appendix is Jacked Up

4/12/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0412_brett_michaels_BN_TMZBret Michaels was set to explode on stage at Sea World last night -- instead, his appendix almost burst.

The Poison frontman was rushed to the emergency room in San Antonio around 1:00 AM after he complained about severe stomach pains.

Once he got to the E.R., it was determined that Michaels was suffering from acute appendicitis. According to a rep for Michaels, the singer was treated -- and is beginning the recovery process.

No word if docs had to remove the appendix.

UPDATE: Bret's appendix was removed.

Lisa-Marie

GET WELL SOON,LOTS OF LOVE.

Oz

He's cool.

cory

Bret, hope you get better. I hope you win Celebrity Apprentice.

samantha

TMZ, if someone has appendicitis the appendix comes out everytime.....whoever wrote this is not very bright

vangold

I wonder if he kept his bandana on during surgery?

becky

...when my appendix went bad, it was not removed. They drained the infection out of it, and never did do surgery, saying that the risk of my appendix acting up again was less than my risk of infection from open surgery. So no, you do not always remove the appendix to cure appendicitis.

Stephanie in ATL

He's BALD!! Why doesn't he just own up to it? Bald men are hot!!

Debbie

Duh TMZ!!!! If you have appendicitis then yes you HAVE had your appendix removed!!!!

lostdog05

Most of the time, the appendix is removed thus preventing it from getting ruptured (lethal). Appendix is a useless organ anyway.

anonymouse

The only cure to treat appendicitis is through appendectomy (removal of appendicitis). Thank God it was not ruptured.

Sparkle

Love him! Feel better soon Bret baby!

a fan

Get well Bret. I became a fan watching Celebrity Apprentice. You are so real and creative. You seem like a nice guy and your a wonderful Dad.I am now a fan. I hope you do more on television. You have alot of style and are very cool. Stay wholesome dude.

Jackie.M

will **** he's oooooollllllldddddddd, but get well soon so we can see rock of love or bus or something.

Johanna Allison

Oh, poor Bret.. he is probably a mess right now. :( I feel for him.

Drexxy

As a fellow Type1 Diabetic I have my suspicions that Brett isn't taking very good care of his diabetes. When you have a severe infection like that..one of the first signs you could have one is that your blood sugars go whacko. Hopefully someone will get him back on track becfore he ends up in DKA. Considering he has a daughter and that she may also have Type1..you would think he would keep a closer eye on his.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments