Dr. Murray

Lawyers Up

for Wrongful Death Suit

4/13/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Conrad MurrayDr. Conrad Murray is already planning his legal strategy in a Michael Jackson wrongful death case ... TMZ has learned.

Dr. Murray, we're told, has already hired a civil lawyer, Charles Peckham, who handles medical board cases and wrongful death lawsuits.

We've learned Peckham has already been in touch with Dr. Murray's malpractice insurance carrier, and it turns out to be a tricky situation.

Sources connected with Dr. Murray's defense tell TMZ Dr. Murray had a malpractice policy issued in Texas that covered his medical practices in Texas and Nevada.

Here's the rub.  Dr. Murray did not have a medical practice in California, which is a prerequisite for his malpractice coverage.  So Dr. Murray's position is that he first saw  Michael Jackson as a Nevada patient and what he did for him in L.A. was merely an extension of the Nevada treatment.

We've learned the malpractice policy would only cover civil litigation, not criminal.  In the event the doctor is sued for wrongful death -- and Joe Jackson promises that will happen soon -- Murray expects the policy would cover attorney's fees and any judgment.

One source told TMZ, "We fully expect the insurance company would cover such costs."

Cookie

Just save the money and pay up.

electriczipper

It amazes me that people are still going to this umm doctor.

Lisanne

For sure ... he will not go to prison,you know why .... ? Because MJ is alive!! YES BABY!!

Gina

Michael I hope you are alive, I can't say I know for sure but I hope...

I can't imagine you dead. That's all.

Love you Michael forever :)

Lisanne

I can ensure you for the full 100% there's more going on here ...

Gina

You are not dead right? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaseeeee be alive !!!!!

Clea Walford

interesting article and comments!

Lee lee

@ Lisanne
If i may ask
Why is it you Believe that Michael is not dead?. I'm very interested in your opinion. I was given a link and visited the "Hoax site" for myself, and it really does make you think for a minute, however I Still don't believe that Michael is alive. JMO.

meihe05

What's American law? How can this damn doctor live so long time?If we are in America and meet him, we willkill him directly.

Grump

@ gimme a break! - I have read all your threads and about the death hoax , why would Michael risk the insurance fraud prosecution if he ever came back? also, I just cannot imagine how he would be able to travel with out anyone opening their mouths and going through lot of trouble.

* (Just a question, not wanting to start a fight or anything)

franallen

It’s a very good post I have come across.I really like this post very much.It’s a very appreciated post.Thanks for sharing.Keep blogging.

lifestyle

franallen

This sounds fantastic ! I honestly can’t wait I hope there isnt too much wait for it to be shown in the UK but the second it does you can count on me watching it.

slim

nat

this guy does nothing but look for loophole after loophole. If he doesn't go to jail for a long time someone will end up hitting him off in the street anyway.

Pepette de France

La la la la

Jesse James Hater

Dr. Murray,
You should start a defense fund.
There are millions of us who appreciate what you have done.
Thank you for saving untold numbers of children from this child molesting bastard.
I for one would love to make a donation.