O.J. Simpson Gets a Break Today

4/12/2010 7:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

O.J. Simpson was cut a break today, TMZ has learned.

The Nevada Supreme Court ruled it wants to hear oral arguments from lawyers in his robbery and kidnapping case.

Simpson, who was convicted in 2008 and sentenced to 33 years in prison, is asking the Nevada Supremes to overturn the conviction.  The Nevada Supreme Court typically does not grant oral argument, but today the justices decided it wanted to hear from the attorneys.

The ruling suggests the justices have something on their minds that legal briefs alone won't satisfy.  Simpson's lawyers have argued the whole jury selection process was tainted and the only two African-American jurors were excluded by prosecutors.

Simpson's lawyer, Yale Galanter, tells TMZ, "We are elated and look forward to answering all of the Court's questions."

deeday

Peoples comments above express exactly why OJ should go free. He is being persecuted for a crime he was acquited. As a first time offender he got way to much time

g.fox

For # 10 If you followed the trial gavel to gavel like I did, you must have had your head in the sand when it came to evidence against o.j. His dream team had everyone on trial except o.j., and the biased jury fell for it. The evidence had every thing except a video of o.j. committing the crimes. Reread your notes #10. You are all wet.

Mandy

Unloose the Juice!

ChefRuss

Hope he dreams about what he did to Nicole and Ron while he fades away to dust. Nicole's and Ron's faces staring back at him while he cuts them. Do your 9 yrs and live in the hell you created OJ. I'm 50. Growing up you were my hero. You are an evil, heartless old man now.

Laverne Moody

Free O.j. Simpson unless you were there when Nicole and Ron were
murdered you and noone else knows for sure who committed those
crimes, so everyone is innocent until proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are Guilty. Let this man out of prison on these trumped up charges.

smooch

I am totally amazed to this day that OJ was not convicted of murder in his first trial....I am also horrified that some people (very small number I might add) believe that he was not guilty of these murders, duh like some stranger came along and said "hmmm I think I'll kill OJ's X and the poor man who was doing a good deed" it makes me sick. On top of it he has his best friend pick him up this gent tells the police OJ has a gun to his head......and grandstands with a ton of police just following at 20 miles per hour and not taking action to pull over the blazer and question.....I honestly believe our justice system is NUTS and just because this man played great football they back off, if it were you or I trust me they would have taken the car "out".....layed strips to stop the car....and we hear that the LA Police department are so ROUGH AND TOUGH.....GIVE ME A BREAK.....you have to be a moron to beleive this nut case was innocent....I don't care what color you are! The justice system works totally on the wealth or celebrity of the subject, trust me if the same thing happend to a finacially poor person they would hang him......I hope and pray that this time the creep goes to prison forever but they are already saying that the jury selection was unfair, if he gets off this time I'm going to start playing football or some other sport, look at that jerk that had the dog fights at least he had to do some time, not as much as I would have liked, OJ kills two people and he goes free......what on earth is wrong with the justice system when it comes to OJ, makes me sick, sick, sick.....disgusted in Connecticut

CT

despite what you make think about OJ killing Nicole & Ron - this case here has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT CASE!!! In this instance, it was clearly a setup. He cannot be punished for something he did 16 years ago and found not guilty...that's a done deal - good or bad - it is not important to this case. some may believe he got away with murder - and perhaps he did but he wasn't convicted because of poor prosecution, a biased jury, publicity, screw up in the LAPD and their labs, etc....in this case, it was a setup because they knew he wanted his stuff back. This was a setup and if the situation were in reverse and any of you were in a situation where you were setup, you would want the justice system to work as it should. This is a good decision on the NV Supreme Court and should be reviewed. Guilty or not on the other, this is not that and should not be considered. Read the law people!!!

tigress

I think that when a man writes a book about how he brutally murdered two people he is thumbing his nose at society. Society was outraged, myself included, that he had the audacity to write about how he murdered the mother of his two little kids. He clearly is a sociopath who has a sense of entitlement just because he was a good football player forty years ago. He is clearly guilty of armed robbery, he was recorded doing so, and now he should serve his time like any other thief. I hope he never gets out of prison.

BIG E

Folks! Relax-for those of you that are blind sighted and small minded and races-WHAT HAPPENS! An afro american kills his on kind, there are no issues because that is what you expect as being white! When they kill a white person, you want to hang the afro american! Now you dont know what color Iam-you can think what you want but you will never guess! OJ CASE COMMON SENSE-HE FOR SURE DID NOT KILL BOTH PEOPLE. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN TWO PEOPLE TOO DO THAT JOB! NICOLE USING COCAINE AND NOT PAYING FOR HER DRUG HABITS AND OJ WAS NOT PAYING ANYMORE WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? I THINK OJ NEW WHAT WAS GOING ON BUT TO BRUTALLY KILL TWO PEOPLE LIKE HELL NO! OJ ENJOYS SHOWING OFF BEING IN THE LIME LIFE AND I DONT THINK HE WOULD SCREW THAT UP FOR THE PIECE OF TRASH SHE WAS! REMEMBER YOU HAVE BLACK TRASH AND WHITE TRASH-WHERE ARE THE DIFFERENCE-TRASH IS TRASH-OJ DIDN'T USE DRUGS-NICOLE AND RON DID! RETHINK YOUR THOUGHTS? DONT BE RACES WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS ON SOMETHING YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT-KEEP YOUR MIND OPEN! OJ WAS LIKED AND STILL LIKED BY ALOT OF PEOPLE ALL OVER WHITE AND BLACK! PUT YOUR SELF IN THE ENTIRE SITUATION-HOW WOULD YOU BE? THE NEVADA CASE IS BULL****-LISTEN TO WHAT THEY CREATE BEHIND CLOSE DOORS-WOW!

dkt

There are imbeciles out there that do not know that Mr. Simpson tried to the police and the FBI to help recover his stolen property but was only ridiculed.

dkt

All of you O J critice make ststement like you are eye witnesses to him committing murder. Please explain this: Coroner Dr. Irwin Golden reported two different knives were used to kill Nicole and Ron. Did Mr. Simpson charge in with a knife in both hands or did he take a time out to switch knives?

dkt

F R E E O. J. S I M P S O N

michael wagner

OJ should be freed. He has been been in prison long enough and its really just a series of misunderstandings. They're only doing this to him because he's black. I'm kidding. He's a sick pup and should just be shot.

Dave

Did you hear they found the guys that killed O.J's wife. April fools

Shelley

It still amazes me how narrow minded some people can be. The problem is that society had proven OJ guilty before the verdict came in and all the evidence. If you look at the evidence, the setup, the botch up job and the time line--there is no way that OJ killed Ron and his wife. The ice cream that was left at Nicole's house, (half melted) narrows the time even more. There is no way that OJ would have time to clean all of that blood. Think. Think. THINK!!!! If this man just cut main arteries on TWO bodies--where the hell is all the blood. There sure in hell would be more than droplets of blood scattered here or there. He would be covered. There is no cleaning that up in ten or twenty minutes. Second, if he was guilty--the prosecution ruined the case--and he was found INNONCENT!!!. Therefore, this case should have no bearing on the other, and he was wrongfully convicted.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments