Larry King Files for Divorce #8

4/14/2010 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Larry King just filed for divorce from his wife Shawn Southwick -- the 8th time King's pulled the plug on a marriage.

Larry King divorce document

In the divorce papers, filed moments ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Larry blames the split on "irreconcilable differences."

Larry, 76, and Shawn, 50, were married back in 1997 -- they have two sons together.

Back in 2007, Shawn had bragged about being the only one of Larry's wives to have made it into "the two digits." She is the 7th woman to marry King.

As for the eight divorces -- back in 1962, King divorced a woman Alene Akins ... and then remarried her in 1967 ... before divorcing her again in 1972.

John

Ugh. I agree 100% with the person who commented that if Larry wasn't a multi-millionaire with fame , nobody would even look at him.

Notice that Larry has the habit of occasionally flicking his tongue out like a lizard or snake when doing Larry King Live? Watch the show and look for the tongue. You'll see what I mean.

dm99

Sad...I thought they were happy based on the clips I saw them in. The poor young boys...2 sons...oh well.

luella

Larry King is a wonderfully magnanimous person and completely undeserving of all of the crap that comes with being married to Ms. Southwick. I saw her on a number of occasions speak ill of him and use his celebrity to forward her own agenda of becoming a country music star and aligning herself with more famous people. Larry always showed her complete respect and love despite the way she treated him in front of others. Congratulations Larry!

Spread the Love

WTF???? What is up with that Snaggle Tooth Larry???? Get it fixed quick before she cleans out your $$$.

Well single women of the world rejoice....Larry is back on the market! Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Barbarascy

Um, somehow I'm not surprised.

Homer

Larry King is Mr. Burns?

ralu

what's with the picture, seriously ...

Double Ugh Bus

She's beautiful. He's a scary crypt keeper.
She needs to find a hotiepie 30 yr. old guy to console her. I'm first in line.
Jewbedewbiedo

John_Dunkel

He's also responsible for breaking up the Fred and Wilma Flinstone marriage which ended in a shooting spree. He's come a looooooong waaaay!

Lynda

I guess she found somebody else younger and better-looking. And, oh yeah....somebody with a quieter mouth too! :)

Butterfly

#19 Luella, ditto!

erkg

Thought I saw an item a little while back that he was having an affair with Shawn's sister - maybe he'll marry her sister.

bunnyhop

I've had a rough day today. Thank you, commenters, for the funny and witty posts. I'm sure Tiger, Jesse, and Kate are thankful for Larry and Shawn's divorce news.

elga

The 13th year was not their luky one...after all!!!

Raejean

I could say any number of ugly things about these cir***stances, but I think I'm going to shut up for once, except to say I hope they sort this out peacefully and the kids are not traumatized in the bargain.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments