Larry King Files for Divorce #8

4/14/2010 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Larry King just filed for divorce from his wife Shawn Southwick -- the 8th time King's pulled the plug on a marriage.

Larry King divorce document

In the divorce papers, filed moments ago in L.A. County Superior Court, Larry blames the split on "irreconcilable differences."

Larry, 76, and Shawn, 50, were married back in 1997 -- they have two sons together.

Back in 2007, Shawn had bragged about being the only one of Larry's wives to have made it into "the two digits." She is the 7th woman to marry King.

As for the eight divorces -- back in 1962, King divorced a woman Alene Akins ... and then remarried her in 1967 ... before divorcing her again in 1972.

Ken

Marriage record, 0-8. ...

Raejean

I can't believe your censorship software asterisked out what I said in #32. That's hilarious-does it do that for cir***navigate, ***in, ***berbund, and cir***ference also? Tune in...

Sunshine

TMZ - You are the best! There is no other site like yours. Everyday I laugh my head-off reading some of the responses to your posts. The people on this site are the best - HILARIOUS and down-right funny with their responses.

Sunshine

Lets be honest here the only reason she married him and had kids was for his money. Look at him - Fragile, Old and Ugly and looks like he is at death's door. She probably went to bed drunk every night to avoid the site of him. I must admit I love his show.

mark

big fan of larry king for 26 years.i feel sad for larry.last chapter of his life,alone.

Nunya

it's about time! she's addicted to pain meds and has been screwing some younger latin dude for awhile. i'm surprised it took this long!

sugardaisy

Wow what a big surprise.

metropony

Marraige usually doesn't work out. Don't get why people do it.

And when it doesn't workout 8 times? Larry!

Kevin

Maybe Larry wants to get back in the game, a la Tiger!

Miss Discipline

I heard she caught him doing her sister... Can he still do it? Wrinkled ol'- Now I feel sick and will have to scrape that visual out of my head!

Phred

If those two crazy kids can't make it work, what hope is there for the rest of us?

my 2 cents

Larry King - World's Oldest Player !!

redhot6

If she is 50 I am 120!!!!

vsldsl

Dear Larry;
There are a lot of women out there keep looking and enjoy your life! be sure to stay single and this will make life more enjoyable for you and all the women you go out with for now!

vsldsl

Robert Jordan

Great site, great comments. That codger needs to take a good look in the mirror or maybe he does and sez wtf? I'm down on No. 9.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments