'American Chopper' Son -- Out to Destroy Dad

4/15/2010 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The oldest son from "American Chopper" has escalated the war against his father by opening up a rival motorcycle business -- and he's making the whole thing incredibly personal.

0415_pauls_Getty_EX

TMZ has learned Paul Teutul Jr. is starting a competing shop to go head-to-head with his dad's Orange County Choppers shop.

But here's the catch -- Junior has recruited a bunch of disgruntled employees who left his dad's place ... including his brother Mikey Teutul and friends Vinnie DiMartino, Robert "Nub" Collard and Joe Puliafico.

We're told Senior has no idea about the mutiny ... that is, until now.

little big man

its all geting out of hand.sons not talking to ther dad .and then son out to destroy is dad.as the family lost it.what was a great bike show that was occ as all gone.just all the bickering who will work for who.and who is the better man.well you tell me.as we say in england all good things come to an end.but why did it have to be this way.a great show great guys and most of all great bike bildes.well thats me.so stay safe on your wheels guys and lades.L.B.M.Manchester England 21 june 2010.

little big man

you know all the crap going on in the world.young guys dieing. every one trying to get by with the money they have. times are hard for the every day guy.and jnr and snr think they have problolems.guys take a look around.i know you guys have had your probolems.i do go on. but at the end of the day.ther is a lot going on out ther.i loved occ its all gone now.so come on guys get sorted rember together we stand devided we fall.L.B.M. stay safe on your wheels guys and lades to. 22 june 2010.manchester england.yes i know my spelling is ****.

little big man

James

im glad jr is going to do his own thing, occ was made famous by his designs and cant wait to see what he comes up with next. its sad his dad didnt give him credit for helping the company get where it is now and i hope he will one day. mabey it will take him building bad ass bikes for his dad to see how much of a asset he was to occ. then mabey sr. will be a real man and father and try to make it right between jr. and mikey and knock the **** out of his employee's who talk **** about his sons like a real father should.

little big man

hi JAMES JUNE 26.L.B.M.just like to say what you say in your post is spot on.you say it all just right.we say in england you donot no what you have till its gone.i wonder if paul sr thinking that now.who knows.so JAMES from L .B M.stay safe on your whells.june 26. manchester england.

abc

I guess that gig designing gas grills didn't work out so well. Horse faced Paul Jr. must have realized he needs to make some serious money if he's going to keep that hot girl friend of his.

Chris Testorff

When is all of this going to end. It's becuse of this feud is because AMERICAN CHOPPER IS CANCELLED. I have to say if I got a chance to talk to those guys. I would tell them that no family should break up over business matters.

jeff wilson

I hope that paul jr. destroys his father. That man is completely phsyco. Paul sr. has no one to blame but himself, maybe the show survives, maybe not. If he could have kept his comments to himself. But every show after paul jr. left all he did was bad mouth his own son. I as a father cannot phathom it. I see his point at times being upset with his son's work ethic, but he went way beyond ruining the business. I'am looking forward to the show coming out this fall, and i hope that sr. winds up in the poor house, because he deserves everything he gets in the end. Then him, and steve can meet each other at the rescue mission. Go Paul jr. and crew i hope you bury your so called father, and his minyins.

Jeff Wilson

Brando

It is not one or the other who is more responsible for OCC's success, but rather every employee past and present with Jr. and Sr. leading the way. Sr. needs to cool down and show some respect to ALL his employee's. Jr. needs to grow up and become responsible enough to show up on time and lead the other employees by example rather than leaning on them to carry him while he is not there. Sr. gets treated by Jr. like he treats Jr.. They are both very talented, albeit in different ways, as are most if not all of their employees.

Honestly I believe both Paul's are at fault IF the whole situation is literally real. (I don't believe this happened by mistake or without purpose)

I can see where they may have devised a plan that includes the fight and this whole situation, including actually going through with the lawsuit, to create new interest in the new show. I would also say that TLC/Discovery was involved in the planning to make them aware of their intentions for a new show and that more family strife would improve ratings and the chances for success. I never actually believed the situational fights, lateness, and other problems were real as no business could have survived those if they had not been planned, scripted and on purpose.

-Brando

jon

i agree...the GM steve is a douche and ive always thought he was the right part of sr's brain. i think he forced sr's hand on moving forward without his sons than sr himself. the other day i watched a rerun where mikey gets into it with that douchebag and how did steve retort? 'what time did you get here, mikey?' **** that guy.

Patricia

Let them "Duke it out" on Jerry Springer. Then they can go see Dr. Phill and then tell thier story on Oprah.....

David Moreno

Even though I have never driven a bike or owned one I still love watching the show. I can understand where his son is coming from and Paul Sr. should be happy that he is following in his foot steps. I liked it as a family business but also sometimes you just need to let him go on his own and do his own thing which is making great bikes. Go for it Pally Jr. and don't be to hard on him Paul Sr. he is and will always be your son.

alan parker

The fighting between Father & Son was great for your finominal ratings. But it's getting worn. Too much grinding. They do extrordinary choppers but Dad is starting to show his limited personality. When they get wound-up and the "Bleeping" starts, I hit the mute button...you'll see...the ratings will start to slip.

Bill Browning

Good for Paul Jr. He is in no way a traitor to his father's business. Let's remember that Paul Teutel Sr. fired Paul Jr. Also, I strongly believe, it is Paul Jr's. creative ability and great designs that took Orange County Choppers to the top. The choppers being designed by OCC staf after Paul Jr. was told to leave are nowhere even close to being in his league. I believe that Paul Sr. reacted out of anger in firing Paul Jr....he certainly did not seem to think throught the consequences.

Mark

Good for Jr, his father is a **** head anyway. If it was not for his son he would not be were he is. His sons are who made that company. The father would walk around over seeing the work, puting his two sence in. I hope Jr you bring back all the old workers they were great as well. Your father is a control freak, and is about to see who will be getting all the rating now. I know a lot of people that will be following you and not the control freak. Good luck.