'American Chopper' Son -- Out to Destroy Dad

4/15/2010 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The oldest son from "American Chopper" has escalated the war against his father by opening up a rival motorcycle business -- and he's making the whole thing incredibly personal.

0415_pauls_Getty_EX

TMZ has learned Paul Teutul Jr. is starting a competing shop to go head-to-head with his dad's Orange County Choppers shop.

But here's the catch -- Junior has recruited a bunch of disgruntled employees who left his dad's place ... including his brother Mikey Teutul and friends Vinnie DiMartino, Robert "Nub" Collard and Joe Puliafico.

We're told Senior has no idea about the mutiny ... that is, until now.

Sheila

It is about time that Jr stepped up to the plate and started to build his owns bike's. He is one of the main reasons why OCC did so well but Sr ego got the way. It is sad to see a family like this. But I would rather buy a bike from Jr then Sr any day of the week.

I am Me

And this affects my life how? They make overpriced motorcycles.. they are really just customizers anyway...they done make the engines or the brakes or anything like that.. they just make expensive bikes.. The tuetles are stupid.

Luke

The dad is a ass hole **** who is greedy and thinks only of himself.

FRANK R

first!!!!!

mikey t.

damn it tmz, we werent ready to release this news

Lisa

The father is a very angry and hateful man. He treated his sons (all three ... the oldest cut ties with dad and bought the old business that was vacated when they built the new OCC garage) quite shabbily. I watched the show where he had his sons' likenesses erased from the OCC trailer. I believe JR behaved like he did because he hated coming to work with that mean man. Given his own opportunities and a less stressful working environment, he will surpass his father a thousandfold.

Just goes to show that just because you're the dad, it doesn't mean you get the loyalty and respect. You have to treat people like you want to be treated.

Truth

PAUL IS A FRIGGIN CONTROL FREAK!! SERVES HIM RIGHT. REMINDS ME OF JAMES CAMERON. BOTH DOUCHE BAGS.

john

Well heck! The moment he left OCC, He should have started his own bike company. When he left OCC, the designs took a nose dive. I say Jr and Vinnie should Co-own a company where Jr designs it and Vinnie Builds it.

If he didnt act like a businessman at OCC, I dont see him being a good businessman at his own business. What i see is Jr eventually doing his old "coming to work late and leaving early tricks" and Vinnie and the crew doing most of the work...Hmmm, i guess for them it will be almost business as usual.

TLC will do a couple shows and see if people like it.

NotLeslie

The NYPost had this story a week ago.

Robert

I smell a new reality series being born: The World's Deadliest Dancing Chopper From New Jersey.

lostontheisland

If Pauly jr can make it, I say go for it. No matter what certain people think, you do not have to get along with your family. I haven't talked to my brother in 16 years and we are both fine with it. It was mutual and it's better then fighting all the time. Why spend your life fighting with your father, mother, sister, brother etc and go through that heartache and frustration. It's not worth it.

I hope JR does well and Paul senior can use the competition to either step up his business to compete or not. It's up to him. Competition is good for business.

demis bicycle seat

why all the hate for sr and love for jr? jr is the one allways leaving whenever he wanted allways showing up late wanting to show off his watches cars etc instead of working at the shop

sr will do fine as long as he keeps rick
rick is a much better builder then any of them

demis bicycle seat

make that rick and poole they are much better then the prima donna JR

master

good for Jr.. his bikes are 100x better than his dads.. his creativeness built that company... is it just pure luck that every family TLC gets hold of they never talk to each other again..

katschy

I never liked Jr. - seemed awfully whiny to me. Sr. isn't exactly a cup of buttercups either, but Jr. was (is) irresponsible and selfish. Two big egos in one shop, though - that was doomed to failure. I remember watching OCC in the early days and loving it. Eventually the fighting took over the designs and the building and with that I lost interest in the show. It's too bad. I loved seeing how two guys with different views of how to make bikes compromised to turn out some really fabulous work. Which they used to do.